Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,368 members, 7,900,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:25 PM

#BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) (51690 Views)

RUGA: Fulani Not Planning To Install Emirs in Enugu, Asaba - MURIC / #BiafraRemembranceDay: The Effects Of The Civil War Between Biafra & Nigeria / 'see How Atiku Locked Down Nasarawa, Buhari’s Stronghold' - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Ebeano49(m): 3:19pm On May 30, 2019
Danwakae:
That caward call lamidi KANU will be in one dongeon and be given orders and some gullible fools be obeying. Mutane marasa hankali

E don pain am smiley smiley cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Masterppower: 3:20pm On May 30, 2019
blackseed:
Before I can believe Biafra is real, tell all your people in Lagos to come back to the east. Stop deceiving the villagers

Afonja ajoka.

Enemies of progress

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by ChristianNorth: 3:21pm On May 30, 2019
gingger:

Oga i cant leave my office now.
Lol. Stop behaving like a Yoruba moslem. Snap from your office window.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Masterppower: 3:22pm On May 30, 2019
elyte:

You are very much correct. I called my fiancee at Umuahia. She's a teacher. She told me they had to sit at home because they were afraid. She added that most people who didn't go to work have same reason.
It's better to sit at home than to be caught in a fracas between Ipob and the security agencies. Meanwhile in PH, the Igbos here don't even know anything like that is ongoing.

You're in osun and claiming igweocha.

When will evil seeds like you be pruned?

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Masterppower: 3:24pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

It is a testimony to how powerful hooliganism is. Once u threaten people on something as powerful as social media, the threat message will go far and wide.

When TINUBU is the president of hooligans in Nigeria
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Masterppower: 3:25pm On May 30, 2019
Geesaintagape:
I live here at asaba every activity is fully on

Liar Mohamed reporting from oshogbo

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Ebeano49(m): 3:25pm On May 30, 2019
CoolAmbience:

That's why no one wishes for a war...'cos atrocities happen on both sides.

As for oppressing the igbos, that's a figment of your imagination because igbo remains, unarguably, one of the most successful ethnic groups in country.

By 1967 Igbos were above the rest of Nigeria in every thing. Then the war happened and Ndi Igbo were criminally and systematically reduced to nothing and dispossessed of their livelihoods. But then, 48 short years later, Ndi Igbo are back again at the top. It says alot about our indomitable spirit.

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by ChristianNorth: 3:26pm On May 30, 2019
blackseed:
Before I can believe Biafra is real, tell all your people in Lagos to come back to the east. Stop deceiving the villagers
We are developing a new property around Sabo. When we are done, we would rent to your afonja brothers and repatriate the money down East.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Masterppower: 3:27pm On May 30, 2019
victorvezx:

It’s not about fear. It’s about preserving territory. It’s the same reason why China refuse to allow Hong Kong, Taiwan, And Tibet to go even when all can stand alone on their own as a country. China even threaten an invasion against them if they dare secede
Go and sit down.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Ziggylady(f): 3:32pm On May 30, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Since we can't shut-down operations 100% but as an Igbo man who lost some much during the war, I ordered all non-essential staffs posted within SE and Igbo staffs in Lagos, Abuja and Kano to sit at home and pay respect to their deceased love ones.

It is a pity I couldn't join them because we have a criminal we need to send to prison today. I am leading the effort personally. Wish us luck

I wish all true #Biafrans and lovers of #Freedom, a #HappyHerosDay. We shall get there.

#NoMovingBack #AtikusComing #Peace

Good-luck to you guys my brother..God bless you.

#BiafranFallenHeroes.

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by IBNDIEGO: 3:54pm On May 30, 2019
Asaba is bubbling right now that market you are seeing opens from 10 am every Thursday
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 4:09pm On May 30, 2019
Iqbos:the social media warriors!...i've been lauqhinq at most of your comments here...a battle that ojukwu surrendered for,kanu ran from:..."ny una dey cry for??"..i just dy pity una!...i think asaba ain't fit to be the capital city of my beloved delta state since we the other tribes entailed in it ain't a part of their uselex struqqle...it ouqht to have been a part of anambra state..#proudly NIGERIAN..#proudly DELTAN..#proudly URHOBO/ISOKO!!!...and to hell with that "BIAFRA'S IDEOLOGY"..

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:19pm On May 30, 2019
Luciferlove:

Another moniker for who
No vex baba. I'm your no1 fan on Nairaland. Just wanted to know if this is your new moniker. One love!
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2019
Ebeano49:

By 1967 Igbos were above the rest of Nigeria in every thing. Then the war happened and Ndi Igbo were criminally and systematically reduced to nothing and dispossessed of their livelihoods. But then, 48 short years later, Ndi Igbo are back again at the top. It says alot about our indomitable spirit.

Oga, the Igbos couldn't have been above all the other ethnic groups in everything...perhaps in a few sectors but certainly not in every sector. I am not just Igbo, I am also a good student of history.

However you look at it, every ethnic group in Nigeria has evolved in the last 50 years, and a whole lot of these tribes, including those hitherto regarded as minorities, have proven their mettle in key sectors of the Nigerian economy.

Our country is awakening herself to the dynamism of nationhood, which rests more on the inclusiveness of negotiations, partnerships, common good and sustenance than on ethnicity and other biases that bear no real significance in our national project.

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2019
Okuda:

thats with the oppression. now imagine them withoit the marginalization.

Whether you call it oppression or marginalization...they are both vague. In what way, in simple clear English, have Igbos been marginalized?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by pazienza(m): 4:34pm On May 30, 2019
Well, I didn't observe the sit at home due to the nature of my job, but my heart is 100% with Biafra. I'm sure there are many Igbos like me who didn't observe the sit at home today because of circumstances beyond their control. My folks down in Enugu told me that it was a total compliance in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by luluman: 4:35pm On May 30, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

And you alongside your fellow tiger claw face losers crying over Biafran sit at home.
please continue so that road will be free for us to use.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Alexrayz(m): 4:38pm On May 30, 2019
delugajackson:
But we were meant to believe that IPOB are trouble-makers and terrorists. I don't understand why this peaceful sit-at-home order suddenly becomes a threat. The South Easterners have for so long been the most neglected, under-rated and under-appreciated people in this country. The Federal government needs to openly apologize to the entire Igbo race for the 1967 progrom which witnessed the massacre of innocent women and children.

Have you ever wondered why History as a subject is no longer taught in our schools? It is to conceal the numerous atrocities of the Nigerian government during the war. But for how long will they hide the truth? Very soon, the voices of the oppressed will be heared and the politicians and power-brokers will have no other choice than to scamper for safety when the drums and shouts of revolution will be brought to their door-steps. The country will one day be rescued from the hands of the wicked ones who have for so long held us hostage in this contraption. One day, we will be free.

Are u in cage
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by gidgiddy: 4:39pm On May 30, 2019
pazienza:
Well, I didn't observe the sit at home due to the nature of my job, but my heart is 100% with Biafra. I'm sure there are many Igbos like me who didn't observe the sit at home today because of circumstances beyond their control. My folks down in Enugu told me that it was a total compliance in Enugu.

Everyone is sitting at home in my side of Enugu, no movement.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by DonJossydirich(m): 4:41pm On May 30, 2019
9jabull:
Asaba slaughter market is not left out all Biafra land is completely shot down.
Anioma remembered, Igbo nation remembered and Biafra,will never die.. Them say we no be Igbo,that we be south-south and I asked where is south-south?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Tobichimezie: 4:42pm On May 30, 2019
pazienza:
Enugu is on lock down, my sources with eyes in ground on 042 confirmed it LIVE in our whatapp chat group... forget all the fake reports been peddled about by desperate idiots on here. I no dey Naija but my heart, soul, and boundless solidarity is my beautiful people worldwide observing the sit at home. May the souls of my people who perished fighting for the survival of the great Igbo race between 1967-70 RIP.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by BrownRoofRep: 4:43pm On May 30, 2019
luluman:
please continue so that road will be free for us to use.
Road free for you indeed.
Wetin concern Osogbo brown roof dwellers with Biafra.

Won't you take that your scratched face and face your rusted roof in beggers Colony?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 4:50pm On May 30, 2019
delugajackson:
But we were meant to believe that IPOB are trouble-makers and terrorists. I don't understand why this peaceful sit-at-home order suddenly becomes a threat. The South Easterners have for so long been the most neglected, under-rated and under-appreciated people in this country. The Federal government needs to openly apologize to the entire Igbo race for the 1967 progrom which witnessed the massacre of innocent women and children.

Have you ever wondered why History as a subject is no longer taught in our schools? It is to conceal the numerous atrocities of the Nigerian government during the war. But for how long will they hide the truth? Very soon, the voices of the oppressed will be heared and the politicians and power-brokers will have no other choice than to scamper for safety when the drums and shouts of revolution will be brought to their door-steps. The country will one day be rescued from the hands of the wicked ones who have for so long held us hostage in this contraption. One day, we will be free.

you have said it all...

we must have real reconciliation for peace to reign

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by lakesider(m): 4:51pm On May 30, 2019
Igbos are very stupid, southwest governors recognised June 12,before fg..
Why can't they pressure their govt first
Oloriburuju people

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Okuda(m): 5:02pm On May 30, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Whether you call it oppression or marginalization...they are both vague. In what way, in simple clear English, have Igbos been marginalized?

you are npt igbo so i forgive your ignorance.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by Ebeano49(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2019
CoolAmbience:

Oga, the Igbos couldn't have been above all the other ethnic groups in everything...perhaps in a few sectors but certainly not in every sector. I am not just Igbo, I am also a good student of history.

However you look at it, every ethnic group in Nigeria has evolved in the last 50 years, and a whole lot of these tribes, including those hitherto regarded as minorities, have proven their mettle in key sectors of the Nigerian economy.

Our country is awakening herself to the dynamism of nationhood, which rests more on the inclusiveness of negotiations, partnerships, common good and sustenance than on ethnicity and other biases that bear no real significance in our national project.

With due respect sir, you are a very poor student of history. At independence, Ndi Igbo were at the helm of EVERY facet of the Nigerian society. From education (we actually produced VCs and SU presidents of most Nigerian universities then) to commerce. From military to civil service. Engineering to medicine. Ndi Igbo were at the top. We occupied high echelons of civil service even in the core north. That's where the resentent started.

This comment of yours "Our country is awakening herself to the dynamism of nationhood, which rests more on the inclusiveness of negotiations, partnerships, common good and sustenance than on ethnicity and other biases that bear no real significance in our national project." is so detached from reality and manifestly false that I'm not going to dignify it by responding.
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by achi4u(m): 5:04pm On May 30, 2019
ngoxievergreen:
Ebonyi no follow abeg, abakaliki has always been an empty dry town, even if you snap this same area tomorrow it will still look empty and deserted even worse than this. Ebonyi govt should make the state economically viable so that Ebonyi people can make a living in their home state than migrating to other states just to hawk gala and bread

Have you been to the town for the first time.

1 Like

Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by gidgiddy: 5:16pm On May 30, 2019
lakesider:
Igbos are very stupid, southwest governors recognised June 12,before fg..
Why can't they pressure their govt first

Why do they need to pressure anybody for something they can do themselves?
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by sweetilicious(f): 5:20pm On May 30, 2019
delugajackson:

Amen
Re: #BiafraRemembranceDay: Enugu, Asaba, Anambra Completely Locked Down (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 5:39pm On May 30, 2019
Ebeano49:

With due respect sir, you are a very poor student of history. At independence, Ndi Igbo were at the helm of EVERY facet of the Nigerian society. From education (we actually produced VCs and SU presidents of most Nigerian universities then) to commerce. From military to civil service. Engineering to medicine. Ndi Igbo were at the top. We occupied high echelons of civil service even in the core north. That's where the resentent started.

This comment of yours "Our country is awakening herself to the dynamism of nationhood, which rests more on the inclusiveness of negotiations, partnerships, common good and sustenance than on ethnicity and other biases that bear no real significance in our national project." is so detached from reality and manifestly false that I'm not going to dignify it by responding.

I am not surprised that you want to argue.

It is laughable that you want me to agree to the falsehood that Igbos were at the helm of all the sectors in Nigeria at independence.

Which political party was the most dominant in Nigeria as at independence? Who was the most influential politician in Nigeria in the first republic? There were just three or four brigadiers in the entire Nigerian army between '60 and '64, were they all Igbos? Agriculture was the mainstay of Nigeria's economy, did Ndigbo lead in Agriculture too?

Please, be specific about how Igbos led in Medicine and Engineering. Were the first indigenous doctor and engineer in Nigeria Igbos? Are the sectors you pinpointed the only ones in Nigeria? What about the arts, construction, music, literature, law, politics etc?

Is not everything your dad or uncle tells you that you believe my brother. You should do some good research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Details Of Tinubu’s Meeting With Obasanjo Emerge / Buhari Will Not Know Peace, If Niger Delta Knows No Peace – Tompolo / See APC Receipt For 2023 Nomination Form After Collecting N100M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.