Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,316 members, 7,929,004 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:27 AM

I Did Not Leave My House – Obasanjo Denies Wednesday Plane Crash Escape - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Leave My House – Obasanjo Denies Wednesday Plane Crash Escape (681 Views)

Obasanjo Denies Writing UK To Back Off Nigeria’s 2023 Election / "Get Out Of My House" — Obasanjo Drags Presidential Candidate Out Of His House / Obasanjo Denies Endorsing Igbo Presidency In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Did Not Leave My House – Obasanjo Denies Wednesday Plane Crash Escape by Tundemanias: 12:33pm On May 30, 2019
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has denied news that he was among the 393 passengers of an Ethiopian plane that almost crashed at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport Wednesday saying he didn’t step out of his house.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) had reported Wednesday afternoon that Obasanjo was on board the Boeing 777-300 aircraft that almost crashed at the point of landing due to a terrible weather.

Although, the Ethiopian Airlines released a statement confirming its Boeing 777-300 aircraft took off in Addis Ababa en route Lagos and encountered bad weather, it vehenmently denied the aircraft escape crash as reported.

Obasanjo, via Kehinde Akinyemi, his media aide, confirmed he didn’t leave his residence throughout yesterday.

NAN reported that Obasanjo, who was visibly absent at President Muhammadu Buhari’s inauguration in Abuja, was returning from a stakeholders’ dialogue on Continental Trade and Strengthening Implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) which ended on Tuesday in Addis Ababa.

Ethiopia Airline general manager Nigeria, Firihiewot Mekonnen explained that the aircraft upon experiencing bad weather had to embark on a go – round the airport for better and smooth landing.

“On a second attempt, the aircraft made safe and normal landing. This was according to safety standards. Pilots are encouraged to make similar go – round in such cases. However, some media incorrectly reported this standard safety precautionary go – round

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) also confirmed the incident.

“The flight, which tried to land at about 1157hours had earlier mis-approached due to bad weather and immediately went up to position properly for landing,” it said in a statement.

The aircraft landed safely at exactly 1213hours and parked at gate E63.”

Source; https://maniagist.com/2019/05/30/i-did-not-leave-my-house-obasanjo-denies-wednesday-plane-crash-escape/

Re: I Did Not Leave My House – Obasanjo Denies Wednesday Plane Crash Escape by Tundemanias: 12:34pm On May 30, 2019
sad

(1) (Reply)

Presidential Tribunal: Atiku Not Nigerian, Dismiss His Petition Against Buhari-a / Nigerians React As 'gorilla Swallows N6.8million In Kano Zoo' / Edo 2020: APC May Lose Gov’ship Election – Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.