Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,522 members, 7,914,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:27 AM

Record-breaking €30m Superyacht Lost In Sea After Falling Off Cargo Ship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Record-breaking €30m Superyacht Lost In Sea After Falling Off Cargo Ship (683 Views)

WWII Plane Recovered From Black Sea After Crashing 77 Years Ago(Pics) / Inside Kola Aluko’s Seized Galactica Star Superyacht That Just Sold For ₦15B / Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Record-breaking €30m Superyacht Lost In Sea After Falling Off Cargo Ship by Automotive1(m): 3:49pm On May 30, 2019

A luxury superyacht owned by Italian billionaire and fashion heir Pier Luigi Loro Piana was lost at sea after slipping from a cargo ship into the Mediterranean.

The 40-meter Baltic 130 Custom sailing yacht ,named My Song, was being transported between the Spanish island of Mallorca and the Italian city of Genoa when it slipped off a 138-metre transportation ship  Brattinsborg.

The prize-winning yacht ,which holds several awards and titles, including Best Yacht at the World Superyacht Awards, was later found semi-submerged in an open water.

Peters & May, the logistics company in charge of transporting the yacht, said in a statement that:

"We were informed of the loss of a yacht from the deck of the MV Brattinsborg at approximately 0400hr LT on 26th May 2019. The yacht is sailing yacht My Song. Upon receipt of the news Peters & May instructed the captain of the MV Brattinsborg to attempt salvage whilst third-party salvors were appointed"

Delivered in 2016, the 8 passenger luxury yatch features "spectacular deck saloon with hull and superstructure ports".It also has the Rolls-Royce Phantom type of "skylights that provides panoramic outboard views.

Before the incident, it was equipped with high-performance technical features such as interchangeable mainsails for cruising or racing and a retractable propulsion system that could double as a stern thruster.

https://autojosh.com/record-breaking-e30m-superyacht-lost-in-mediterranean-sea-after-falling-off-cargo-ship/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun

(1) (Reply)

Can I Buy Flight Ticket To Ecowas Countries Without My Nigeria Passport / See The Suspended Monorail In Japan Where Train Moves Up Side Down (video) / I Feel Abuja Is Nigeria’s Top City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.