Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,880 members, 7,935,766 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 03:23 PM

Facts You Never Knew About Apple Apple Inc. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facts You Never Knew About Apple Apple Inc. (750 Views)

Everything About Apple Iphone 14, Apple Watch Event Wrap-up / 3 Facebook Hidden Tricks You Never Knew Existed / 5 Hidden Tricks You Never Knew Your Android Phone Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facts You Never Knew About Apple Apple Inc. by Holuwarseun15(m): 1:52am On May 31, 2019
FACTS I BET YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT APPLE
Apple Inc. is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics , computer software , and online services.
It is considered one of the Big Four of technology along with Amazon , Google , and Facebook.

Today we will be looking at Facts you never knew about this America based Company.

THE APPLE LOGO
Looking at the Apple logo on your iPhone, iPad or Mac book you will notice something unusual about the apple design.
A bite was taken out of the Apple right?
Why wasn't the Apple designed normally and why was a bite taken from it?
Prior to this, the Apple’s first logo was created by Apple co-founder, Ronald Wayne, during the company’s incorporation in the 1970s.
The logo shows Sir Isaac Newton sitting under an apple tree. Written on the frame of the logo was a quote which reads “Newton…a mind forever voyaging through strange seas of thought.”
This Logo was short lived, as Steve Jobs reportedly believed that it was too old-fashioned.
Steve jobs then hired Rob Janoff, a graphic designer, who then created the logo of the bitten apple.
This logo at first contained a rainbow spectrum, which was used to present the Apple II which was the world’s first computer with color display.
You might have read or heard about different history about bitten apple logo, but the truth is that the meaning of this logo still remain unknown to people.
But this has not stopped the logo from being recognized all over the world, even without the company's name on it.

THE MEANING OF THE LOWERCASED i ON iPHONE
When Jobs first introduced the iMac, he explained the meaning behind the "i" at the computer's launch event. In the beginning, it stood for internet.
But later Steve Jobs explained that the prefix i also stood for individual, instruct, inform,and inspire.
WORST INVESTMENT DECISION EVER
Apple Computer Company was founded on April 1, 1976, by three Co-founders, Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne.
The company's first product is the Apple I, a computer designed and hand-built entirely by Wozniak, which was first shown to the public at the Homebrew Computer Club.
12 days having co-founded Apple, Wayne sold his share which was just ten percent (10%) for $800.
Who then bought His shares?
Wayne sold his share of the company back to Jobs and Wozniak for $800 only.
During the first five years of operations revenues grew exponentially, doubling about every four months. Between September 1977 and September 1980, yearly sales grew from $775,000 to $118 million, an average annual growth rate of 533%.
The most interesting part is that if he had stuck with the company till now his share would now worth over $100 billion.
Worst decision ever; Patience is the key to all investments.

STEVE JOBS WAS FIRED FROM APPLE IN 1985
I know most people will argue about this that how can a founder be fired from his company.
The fact is that when a company goes public the key decisions are made by the board of directors appointed by the founder of the company based on the shares.
When half or more of the directors agrees to fire the founder of that company then it is done.
Basically Steve jobs wasn't fired what happened was that in 1983 Steve jobs recruited John Sculley to save the company during a period of declining sales for the Apple II computer.
But Jobs was later forced out of Apple in 1985 after a long power struggle with the company's board and its then-CEO John Sculley.
Sculley sayid "the root of the problem was simply Jobs being ahead of his time".
He claimed Jobs wanted to invest heavily in Apple’s desktop publishing product, Macintosh, despite that the technology hadn’t yet made the product marketable to consumers.
“It wasn’t his fault that the processors just weren’t fast enough to do laser printing and the kind of graphics applications that people wanted to do with desktop publishing,” Sculley says.
“Steve was asked to step down from the Macintosh division, he was never fired.”
But,
Jobs in an interview with BBC said "What can I say? I hired the wrong guy; He destroyed everything I spent 10 years working on."
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, later refuted Jobs's claim, saying that Jobs left the company voluntarily.
Jobs officially departed on September 16, 1985.
He took with him a number of Apple employees, with whom he worked with to start NeXT Inc..
11 years after leaving Apple, Apple bought Jobs NeXT for $427 million, giving him back his Job. On September 16, 1997, Apple officially announced Jobs as its interim CEO.

People do say Apple wouldn't have made it without Jobs, is this true?

Visit the link below for more interesting topics like this

https://www.haychsblog.com/2019/05/omg-apple-ceo-sacked-facts-i-bet-you.html

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Remove This Stubborn Spyware / Get Free 500MB Via 20BIDS APP / Why Do You Love The Dark Mode ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.