Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,790 members, 7,879,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:30 PM

Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan (16010 Views)

Court Jails Senator Peter Nwaoboshi For 7 Years For Money Laundering / 2023: Dave Umahi Steps Down For Ahmad Lawan / INEC Withdraws Peter Nwaoboshi's Certificate Of Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by dre11(m): 12:18am On Jun 01, 2019
by Onyedi Ojiabor

What looks like a major crack in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senators’ fold emerged on Friday with the public declaration of support for Senator Ahmad Lawan’s Senate Presidency aspiration by Senator Peter Nwaoboshi.

Senator Nwaoboshi, a former Chairman of PDP in Delta State, represents Delta North Senatorial District in the upper chamber.

He threw his support for Lawan to emerge President of the Ninth Senate at a crowded press briefing in Abuja.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Affairs, Senator Ita Enang, who is a known backer of Lawan’s aspiration, was at hand to receive Nwaoboshi.

The obviously elated Enang “thanked” Nwaoboshi profusely for his “support” for Lawan Senate Presidential project.

Only last month, a PDP Senator elect, Abba Moro, who represents Senator David Mark’s Benue South Senatorial District, also came out to declare support for Lawan’s Senate Presidency aspiration.

To show his support was for real, Moro did not only declare his support for Lawan, he is also a member of Lawan’s campaign organisation.

Moro said that he was there because he believed in the capacity of Lawan to lead the Ninth Senate.

Nwaoboshi is a known ally and staunch supporter of Senate President Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

Saraki has not openly declared support for any of the front line contenders for the Senate President of the Ninth Senate.

The implication of Nwaoboshi’s open declaration of support for Lawan is that PDP Senators may not go for block vote during the election of the presiding officers of the Ninth Senate as being taunted in some quarters.

It may also mean that PDP Senators are in disarray especially as more in their fold are said to be warming up to declare support for Lawan ahead of the inauguration of the Ninth Senate this month.

Nwaoboshi noted the leadership of PDP will not direct its elected senators to vote for any particular candidate for the position of the Ninth Senate President.

The Delta North Senator whose victory was revalidated by an Appeal Court judgement on Thursday, said the best the PDP leadership would do was to give the elected members of the incoming Ninth Senate, the direction to follow.

He insisted that the party would not necessarily impose a candidate on its elected members of the National Assembly.

Nwaoboshi said” “The PDP has not taken a decision as a political party as far as the presiding officers of the Ninth Senate is concerned. Our party has not also told us the candidate we should vote for.

“I know the PDP leaders will not say this is the candidate they want. They would only give us a guideline.

“I also have a right as the representative of my people to determine what is good for the Anioma people.

“I am a loyal PDP man. I have not left the PDP and it is not part of my agenda to do.

“However, regarding the leadership of the Ninth Senate, I know my people would be happy with my choice of Lawan.

“My people know what they benefitted from the support that I gave the incumbent Senate President.

“I can make a choice on my people’s behalf because I have lived among them over the years.”

Nwaoboshi added that even if his party, PDP takes a position on the issue of Senate President, as a Senator he has the right to decide who to support for the position.

He noted that most importantly his constituents, Anioma people of Delta State preferred Ahmad Lawan to other Senators-elect eyeing the same position.

Nwaoboshi explained that though he did not support Lawan’s aspiration during the Eight Senate in 2015, realities on ground as far as the 9th Senate is concerned, showed that Lawan is the most qualified having been in the National Assembly as an elected federal lawmaker since 1999.

He said, “All those contesting for the position have approached me for support and as a student of history, I have studied their backgrounds which clearly show that in terms of experience, Lawan is the one with the requisite legislative experience.

“I have found in him, competence and the required intelligence legislatively and politically to steer the ship of leadership of the 9th Senate and by extension, that of the 9th National Assembly.”

The Delta North Senator noted that opposition of many of the PDP Senators to Lawan had been watered down by recent pronouncement by the Deputy National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Senator Lawal Shuaibu that leadership at both chambers cannot be imposed but through consensus across party lines.

On the revalidation of his victory at the poll, Nwaoboshi dismissed insinuations that his challenger at the Appeal Court, Ned Nwoko, would present the Certificate of Return issued to him by the Independent National Electoral Commission to be inaugurated as Senator on June 11 during the inauguration of the Ninth Senate.

He said, “Once the election has been declared and the certificate of return issued to the winner, it is only the highest court in the land that can order the withdrawal of the certificate.

“I have my certificate of return. Nobody has withdrawn it. What was issued to Ned Nwoko was a piece of paper and not a certificate of return. I was the one that contested the election having declared him in the primaries.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/senate-presidency-crack-in-camp-of-pdp-senators/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 12:21am On Jun 01, 2019

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Wantedmiller: 12:35am On Jun 01, 2019
Show those ones cash...... they are on your side!
PDP....... share the money
bunch of morons.......

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by JERRYNIL: 12:41am On Jun 01, 2019
Nwaboshi with not be in the senate , so thesupport is irrelevant.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by senatordave1(m): 1:23am On Jun 01, 2019
JERRYNIL:
On the day of election,he will be there.notable pdp senators supporting lawan are publicly showing it.where are those sipporting ndume and goje? Lawan is the next sp.tuniski and esseite,come and read this

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by kernel01: 2:11am On Jun 01, 2019
The moment I saw the caption, I quickly went for the source, I was sure of the Nation, Tinubu's Newspaper.

Zone B believe the news.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by celeiyke: 2:11am On Jun 01, 2019
Nation newspaper, I hail oooo

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Dannyset(m): 2:34am On Jun 01, 2019
If Lawan or Gbajabiamila believe any PDP lawmaker, it is to their own peril.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Damsyjay(m): 3:58am On Jun 01, 2019
All these my yeest people will not like this news.. Supporter of losers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 01, 2019
The God that did it for Oyo State will deliver Nigeria from the shackles of APC/Buhari/Tinubu...

ATIKU will get his mandate at the Supreme Court

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Alexrayz(m): 5:50am On Jun 01, 2019
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by QuotaSystem: 5:50am On Jun 01, 2019
The more you look, the less you see...Lawan for SP is sacrosanct.

Politics ba wasan yara bane cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Authoreety: 5:51am On Jun 01, 2019
Nwaoboshi
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by VillagePipu: 5:54am On Jun 01, 2019
JERRYNIL:

Nwaboshi is irrelevant abi?

Maybe it is your daddy tapping palmwine in the village that is relevant.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by VillagePipu: 5:54am On Jun 01, 2019
deleyi20:
The God that did it for Oyo State will deliver Nigeria from the shackles of APC/Buhari/Tinubu...

You didn't vote in the last election and you're calling God. You know we are in rainy season, don't call God anyhow before thunder laminate you.

If anyone needs God's help, it is those dumb people that voted Ikpeazu in Abia. Those guys are slaves under PDP and are suffering terribly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Englishgold: 5:55am On Jun 01, 2019
It's good you discovered earlier. Buhari's interest is here
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by RemiTinubu(f): 6:00am On Jun 01, 2019
this one wey still have case to sort with Ned Nwoko
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Peacemaker5128: 6:00am On Jun 01, 2019
More Kerosene to you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by olaolaking: 6:00am On Jun 01, 2019
deleyi20:

You keep copying and pasting this, are you a robot ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 01, 2019
olaolaking:
You keep copying and pasting this, are you a robot ?

Lool, Robot ko.. Artificial Intelligence ni..
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 01, 2019
Its called 'Fighting for my own pocket' no values whatsoever.
Before some of you simpletons will start to see this as your personal victory or private loss.
They don't care about us.
Repeat after me:They dont care about us.
In Michael Jackson voice:They dont really care about us!

Ps :I dont even know who lawan or Peter is,neither am I a supporter or antagonist of either or both of them.
I only know they are Nigerian politicians.
And I'm only advising the people here not to start cheering or jeering for people who don't CARE about them.
Use that energy for something else.

I'm just saying

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by sogodihno: 6:08am On Jun 01, 2019
lawan is the senate president and Gbajamila is the speaker, thousands anti -Tinubu and Igbos can't change this.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 01, 2019
Just like I thought...they are already fighting in the comment section.
Sad.
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Teejay510(m): 6:12am On Jun 01, 2019
politician
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 01, 2019
is he planning to become a saint? just know that will be the last time you smell NASS if you join apc
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by QuickStandard: 6:21am On Jun 01, 2019
I don't understand,

What happened to Mr Regina Daniels?

Did he lost out?

Thank God if he lost out, He would have turn the Senate to a joke.

His marriage his business, his happiness his business.

But behaving like a child is disgraceful of a man who claims to be a billionaire.....

But again why would Peter Nwobochi align with the opposition?
Re: Senate Presidency: Senator Peter Nwaoboshi Declares Support For Ahmad Lawan by MorufuAtanda: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2019
senatordave1:

On the day of election,he will be there.notable pdp senators supporting lawan are publicly showing it.where are those sipporting ndume and goje? Lawan is the next sp.tuniski and esseite,come and read this

Olodo-general, Nwaoboshi has been kicked out by the courts, Ned Nwoko has the certificate of return. Peter Nwaoboshi will sing any time to avoid Effc. No dey give your skull false hope. Nwaoboshi can't help you. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu / Photos From Buhari's Meeting With APC House Of Reps Members / Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.