Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,381 members, 7,881,370 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:57 PM

Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home (36315 Views)

Mass Sack, Investment Cuts Loom As Price Rout Shatters Oil Industry / PRESTIGE 7 SOLUTIONS-(P7S) Why not rather send us! / Amazon To Spend More Than $700M On Training For About A Third Of Its US Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Hakeem3(m): 11:02am On Jun 01, 2019
US always behind every uprising tension around the world in sound sultans voice : one day bush meat go catch the hunter!
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by gnykelly(m): 11:03am On Jun 01, 2019
thegreencoal:

The problem I have with many Nigerians discussing international topics is that they only react based on a one time incident without the deep knowledge or the root cause of why the problem occurred in the first place!

@gnykelly, are you aware of that Huawei has a reward program in its China Headquarters that gives employees monetary bonus based on the sophistication of technology secrets they can steal from Western companies?

Are you aware that T-Mobile, a United States company accused Huawei of stealing its "Tappy" technology as early as last year? Do you know what that means? - All the money, energy, time and other resources invested into the project stolen away by the Chinese.

Are you aware that the daughter of Huawei Boss Meng, who is also the Chief Financial Officer of Huawei was arrested in Canada in December 2018 and she's waiting extradition to the United States because she lied to HSBC and sold banned technologies to Iran?

Are you aware that Facebook, Google, WhatsApp, Instagram and many more western mobile apps have been banned in China for a number of years now?

Did you know that 2014, Vodafone accused Huawei of spying?!

If you don't have answers to those questions or you're not aware, don't make conclusions that the United States is bullying China!

The point is this, China has closed up their country to foreign investment but they keep going out to other countries, expanding abroad. If you don't understand economics, please no need to reply.

Enjoy your day.

if you can make your responses civil, I will give you decent response.

you said T-Mobile ACCUSED hauwei of spying, what happened to suing them...

China didn't ban Google and others they left because they couldn't cope with Chinese laws ... the law was that server that will store Chinese origin information must be located in china... and the Chinese government must have

unrestricted access to those servers...
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by gnykelly(m): 11:05am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
They are spying on the entire earth. Just that most countries don't know how to catch and fend off spying. But it would be outright idiotic to know who's spying on you and don't try to stop it for one odd reason or the other.

was it not wikileak that made it known to us about USA PRISM technology that was spying even German chancellor.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by anonymous1759(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2019
[quote author=Belial06 post=78917840]

Again lies cannot change your reality , I know it is said fake it till you make. It but I'm this case it won't work for you ..

You will. Never see. Outside Nigeria

You will never feel the template region. Breeze

You will remain in. Nigeria till your old age of over 90

No visa shall be granted to you

You shall. Appeal , beg , plead, file. Correct documents but still your. Dave will always attract denial. Of. Visa

That is your destiny. It. Can never be changed [/quote

Go and sleep I don't have any business with people like you. Who God had blessed no man or Nairalander can cause. Get a fucking life.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Positivepoint(m): 11:08am On Jun 01, 2019
jaxxy:
China are more vindictive than the us. We know this for a fact. Instead of following a constructive path to the resolution they are attacking poor Americans staffs and destroying IPhones. Lol

Samsung has already been way bigger than huawei and still is and they only had Patent issues with iPhone and it’s resolved peacefully not the us government cos they are not shady or spy channels like huawei. The us isn’t bothered about competition bt security. That’s the concern with huawei here.

U got it all wrong the reason Samsung is not bullied is because South Korea is a US ally in Asia. China on the other side is a competitor. Huawei recently over took iPhone to become the no 2 smart phone manufacturer in the world and currently no1 network equipment provider in the world also they are no1 pioneer of 5g technology in the world. This score card signifying to the US the china Is taking over Globally.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by dia4iam(m): 11:09am On Jun 01, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

my advise to you, don't believe all your hear on CNN, fox news and other American TV stations. Dig deeper and you'll uncover the truth. America is simply fighting Huawei because the company is competing fiercely with them. Their phone sales last year is third after Apple and Samsung, and with 5G, they're sure to overtake both Apple and Samsung. that's the major reason the US is trying to bring them down. Already, Huawei holds most of the patents to 5G technology while Apple still won't produce 5G for at least the next 5 years. Huawei has more patents than any US company and you'll have to pay them royalties to use these patents. The US is hiding behind claims of spyware of Huawei mobiles as an excuse to pull down the company and if your check, that's always what they've done; if some poor country without a nuclear deterrent gets too strong or tried to make a policy that won't favour the US, the US will come up with some claim and invade the country to make them unstable and easily pliable. Check Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Syria and Iran. They were only stopped in Syria and Iran because of the involvement of Russia.

I took time to explain this to you because the US isn't and has never been what we think they are. You're their friend as long as they're gaining from you and in Huawei's case, they're getting too powerful. if the Chinese government decides to take this up, they can easily cripple the global manufacturing industry. China produces 90% of the world's supply of rare earth metals that are used in manufacturing and in making circuitry.
in the end, the US are only shooting themselves in the foot, Huawei will bounce back. They've been developing their own OS based on Android. Parts of it are already in their newer phone models, especially the Mate series. This event will also force other phone manufacturers to look outside the US for suppliers of parts for their phones
Well, I think subduing huawei is subduing communism and I am ok with that.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by jaxxy(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2019
ademola721gmai:

I agree with your post 100 percent. But if I think you don't want to be prejudicial towards the US. What do you say about the obvious use of Google the US uses in monitoring and spying on other nations?
I want your candid and objective response to this please.
Thank you

I don’t support the us spying on other nations. That’s why I don’t exactly see it wrong when China bans sm of these applications. Nobody country shud sit back and allow its data be spied on. In the last 5 to 10years the us and China have had very close Dealings and there have been spying both ways so none is a saint. Us has help China’s economy greatly by patronizing them bt it wasn’t a balance trade the us discovered this quite late and are trying to balance it. Only trump had the guts to do this.

I basically feel just like China has a right to protect into tech/data so does the us. Huawei is been caught in the cross fire sadly due to their major ties with the Chinese govt who are known for spying on the us b4 now.

Beyond competition the Americans being crooks themselves know the 5g can be a serious source of infiltration. That’s why they are taking measures. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:

the hauwei 5G technology is beyond what America thought of... Germany and UK have vetted their equipment and found no bavkdoor... the. UK have 5G in place they launch it on Thursday.
Americans of these days have zero tolerance for hardship, if not let the technology/trade war stay in place for another 4 years, let's see who's the genius.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Belial06: 11:16am On Jun 01, 2019
[quote author=anonymous1759 post=78917949][/quote]

Mark those words and see the outcome

It has been done already

You will. Never ever be granted visa anywhere
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2019
jaxxy:

I don’t support the us spying on other nations. That’s why I don’t exactly see it wrong when China bans sm of these applications. Nobody country shud sit back and allow its data be spied on. In the last 5 to 10years the us and China have had very close Dealings and there have been spying both ways so none is a saint. Us has help China’s economy greatly by patronizing them bt it wasn’t a balance trade the us discovered this quite late and are trying to balance it. Only trump had the guts to do this.

I basically feel just like China has a right to protect into tech/data so does the us. Huawei is been caught in the cross fire sadly due to their major ties with the Chinese govt who are known for spying on the us b4 now.

Beyond competition the Americans being crooks themselves know the 5g can be a serious source of infiltration. That’s why they are taking measures. Lol
I just hope Americans support trump wholeheartedly, he's indeed fighting for them.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by anonymous1759(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2019
[quote author=Belial06 post=78918212]

Mark those words and see the outcome

It has been done already

You will. Never ever be granted visa anywhere[/quote

All men are irrelevant except God. Get da Bleep out.
My journey is already stamped.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by mchc1001: 11:21am On Jun 01, 2019
Amumaigwe is a suicide bomber God will never allow this kind of a human to step his foot in God's own country

quote author=Amumaigwe post=78911617
This American hater I just quoted will excitedly give one of his arms for an American visa. Those ills you listed against America are what is making them greater and irressistible to hypocrites like you.[/quote]
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by mchc1001: 11:33am On Jun 01, 2019
Shotup your smelling mouth there, Saddam Hussein deserve death, killing over 5,000 Kurds with chemical weapon is enough evident for America and his allied to give him allegation and destroyed him, the same was what happen to the Libyan jonky Gaddafi who killed over 100 prisoners for protesting about their condition in the prison

EvilMetahuman:
same way they had evidence that iraq and saddam have a lot of weapon of mass destruction right?

We are still waiting for the weapons.

All these american asslickers self.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Basher8583: 11:36am On Jun 01, 2019
kernel01:

Good you're seeing my point. All the years, is been the Chinese enjoying upper hand in their trade deals against America, if one good turn deserves another, then... It's American turn.

#iStandWithTrump

Keep standing with Trump till failure is imminent. Trump knows nothing about diplomacy. The tech business is a round Bonin. Ie what goes around comes around. It will inadvertently affect the US Economy and it has already started.

Many companies in US are in business becos of competitive product prices leveraged on cheap and skilled labour in China. Once those companies are expelled they might migrate to India that has a fair population but not technically skilled. Cost of building facility and mostly training will bleed them to death.
China already has the technically skilled labour so it's hire and work worst case limited training.
I hope this hole is a hole US is ready to enter.

I also remember a time US NSA called all antivirus companies and provided them with the digital signature of several spywares to be whitelisted in thier antivirus software. It was only Kerspesky that refused. Thus you wanna stay safe, please use Kerspesky anti virus

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by gnykelly(m): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
Americans of these days have zero tolerance for hardship, if not let the technology/trade war stay in place for another 4 years, let's see who's the genius.

the American people on these days very lazy... they pioneer alot of innovation... they have lost in all indices of development... most of their companies are run by foreigners... PepsiCo=Indira Nooyi...
Google=Sundar Pichar...
Microsoft=Satya Nadella...

they are living on past glory just like a unilag graduate.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Basher8583: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2019
I remember one time US National security Agency called all antivirus companies and provided them with the digital signature of several spywares to be whitelisted in thier antivirus software. It was only Kerspesky that refused. Thus you wanna stay safe, please use Kerspesky anti virus
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:

the American people on these days very lazy... they pioneer alot of innovation... they have lost in all indices of development... most of their companies are run by foreigners... PepsiCo=Indira Nooyi...
Google=Sundar Pichar...
Microsoft=Satya Nadella...

they are living on past glory just like a unilag graduate.
If you say lazy, I agree with you. Diversity is not an indication that they have lost touch, I have been privileged to work with Americans and Chinese also, trust me Americans are innovative.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by lanre316: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2019
Hakeem3:
US always behind every uprising tension around the world in sound sultans voice : one day bush meat go catch the hunter!

I detect anti-American Islamic sentiments in your comment.

Some Muslims just hate America for no real reason yet they will rather get visa to live in "infidel" American land than live in "Holy" Saudi Arabia or Pakistan. Irony. I wonder if Quran commands Muslims to hate America before they can enter heaven.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by engrchykae(m): 11:54am On Jun 01, 2019
gnykelly:
it's now very clear that America and her companies attain the utopian first by bullying others that they felt threatened into oblivion...

the case against hauwei is baseless with no proof...
same way they destroyed Toshiba...

same way they destroyed many nations around the world...

the democrazy they brought to Libya have caused ripple effect of terrorism on our northern borders...

they gave Iraq democrazy....look at where it's

Nigeria democrazy takes huge amount of blood every 4 years...

nobody or country can collapse America... I bet ya... America will implode. and history will be rewritten.
the dragon vs the eagle
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2019
lapazi:

Samsung isn’t Chinese
America isn't after only the Chinese, they are after those whose might, coverage, influence and tentacles threaten theirs.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 11:56am On Jun 01, 2019
Basher8583:

Keep standing with Trump till failure is imminent. Trump knows nothing about diplomacy. The tech business is a round Bonin. Ie what goes around comes around. It will inadvertently affect the US Economy and it has already started.

Many companies in US are in business becos of competitive product prices leveraged on cheap and skilled labour in China. Once those companies are expelled they might migrate to India that has a fair population but not technically skilled. Cost of building facility and mostly training will bleed them to death.
China already has the technically skilled labour so it's hire and work worst case limited training.
I hope this hole is a hole US is ready to enter.

I also remember a time US NSA called all antivirus companies and provided them with the digital signature of several spywares to be whitelisted in thier antivirus software. It was only Kerspesky that refused. Thus you wanna stay safe, please use Kerspesky anti virus

And they banned them lol.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 01, 2019
dia4iam:
Damn shocked shocked

This is the dumbest comment I've ever read on this thread. I'm in pains embarassed
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by ollah2: 12:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
lanre316:

I detect anti-American Islamic sentiments in your comment.

Some Muslims just hate America for no real reason yet they will rather get visa to live in "infidel" American land than live in "Holy" Saudi Arabia or Pakistan. Irony. I wonder if Quran commands Muslims to hate America before they can enter heaven.

What religious undertone does below comment have?

Hakeem3:

Simply because of his moniker, you have shown how much of a religious bigot, stinking hater and hypocrite that you. The exact same thing you another stvpid fellow like you said against me earlier.
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by engrchykae(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Netanyahu1:
They have loads of evidence, they just won't show you. Chinese spying is been going on for years , there has just been no U.S. President with enough balls to stand up to China until now. Do you know that Google don't operate in China for years now ? They said its for security reasons. China steals trade secrets, it's no news.
china steals trade secrets but america steals both human and material resources especially in africa and middleeast.
america and europe successfully turned libya into an organ harvesting haven
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by fyneguy: 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s not just the US that has issues with Huawei, Canada and most European countries. Understand the reason why Huawei is having these issues and it has nothing to do with wanting to “ feel they are the boss” .

Please post links where such concerns were FACTUALLY raised. How come this issue started the moment Huawei products were reported to record highest sales lately?

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by EvilMetahuman: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
mchc1001:
Shotup your smelling mouth there, Saddam Hussein deserve death, killing over 5,000 Kurds with chemical weapon is enough evident for America and his allied to give him allegation and destroyed him, the same was what happen to the Libyan jonky Gaddafi who killed over 100 prisoners for protesting about their condition in the prison

who is this mumu?
America told you saddam killed kurds, as usual, you believe them as a loyal asslicker.

What does america deserve for all the atrocities it has committed?

What do they deserve for hiroshima? Iraq? Apetheid? Afghanistan? Libya? The list is endless.

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by lapazi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
xjiggy:
you think they've not tried dragging samsung under before? You forgot the media propaganda that followed the explosion of the note 7 battrries and how it led to the recall and complete stop in production? Who do you think gained? IPhone. The same iPhone that was sending upgrades to slow down batteries in order to have customers order for new phones and nothing was done about it. Imagine if it was Samsung and Huawei that did it, do you know the public outrage it would have generated? CNN would have run their mouth for a month. The same way they dragged Samsung on the floor concerning the Note 7 batteries.

America didn't drag Samsung, this scenario is completely different- it was just media propaganda feeding on the misfortunes of a company. Apple could have easily sponsored that not an entire government.

In this case u have a president using its might to enforce policies that will eventually crush another entity!
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Basher8583: 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
ollah2:

And they banned them lol.

Good for them. You will soon see how they will reverse the ban and play out diplomacy.
International relationship is all about mutual business objectives
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
Gaddafithe2nd:

Even the USA that calls herself the land of the freedom don't give freedom. Who do you think collects all the data from Facebook, Google and other USA tech giants? Why is USA involved with echelon (5 eyes) with the UK, NZ, Australia and Canada? Where they monitor calls and emails of their citizens.
Even freedom for journalism has dropped in the USA.
Have you ever heard of Gary Webb? A US investigative journalist that was shot dead after revealing the secrets of CIA involvement in drugs to fund the Nicaraguan civil war.

Both USA and China are bad, stop painting one bad and calling the other an angel.

Its clearly stated in the Terms and conditions that they collect user data. The problem is that most of us dont read it, We just click "accept" and move on
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
dia4iam:
Truth is that democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be. Countries are different, with different origins and situations and so they choose the system of government the suits them

1 Like

Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Fastlinkpro: 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
deleyi20:
The God that did it for Oyo State will deliver Nigeria from the shackles of APC/Buhari/Tinubu...

ATIKU will get his mandate at the Supreme Court

I used to have feelings that is what buhari tell supreme court is final
Re: Huawei Cuts Technical Meetings With US Contacts,send US Workers Home by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
engrchykae:
china steals trade secrets but america steals both human and material resources especially in africa and middleeast.
america and europe successfully turned libya into an organ harvesting haven
Look around you, how many chinese do you taking your jobs? compare that to the Americans you see.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

CBN Slashes Banks’ ATM Withdrawal Fee From N65 To N35 / Meet The World Billionaires Of 2019 - Forbes (Photos) / Betting Techniques That Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.