Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,127 members, 7,890,773 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:09 PM

W32.downadup.b Worm Infection - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / W32.downadup.b Worm Infection (1784 Views)

The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? / How Do I Remove Brontok.a Worm From My System / I-worm/brontok.a Please Help Me Get Rid Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

W32.downadup.b Worm Infection by dayorsum: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2010
Anybody that knows how to remove W32.Downadup.B worm infection should please come to my aid. My network got infected with the virus, I downloaded the tool provided at http://www.symantec, 011316-0247-99. Unfortunately, I have run the tool on all the servers on the network, the workstations with some infections found and deleted but the virus is still there.
It keeps poping-up on users workstations at regular intervals. it's becoming a nuisance to the end users.

[/url]

Kindly assist.
Regards to you all.
Re: W32.downadup.b Worm Infection by saviola77(m): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2010
First thing i think you need to know is how the worm itself works and what it does, and here is a link so please read up:
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2008-123015-3826-99&tabid=2.
What i did in my case,
- was take off the network any system that had the anti virus pop up
- i removed and slaved the hard drive to a system with a much current anti virus definitions (i used norton 2008) endpoint will also do.
- i did a full scan of the slaved drive
- after that i had to open all folders in the drive one after the other, so that auto-protect will remove the remnants (it's a lot of work, but trust me its worth it).

N.B. not all infected systems usually have the pop up, so you can track the rest by using the event viewer on your domain controller; look out for event 644 - then remove the caller machine off the network and follow the steps above.

Hope this helps; do get back to me should you need further help.
Re: W32.downadup.b Worm Infection by dayorsum: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
Thanks alot.I do appreciate your concerns and contributions. I will explore the areas of solutions you  suggested and will let you know how it goes.

Regards, nice wk.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Computer Welcome You With Your Name Voice On Startup / Cool Desktop Stuffs / Multi-links Evdo Broadband Modems @ Discount Rate: Bulk-sale ...6,000/unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.