Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,879 members, 7,895,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 06:20 PM

The Northern Evil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Northern Evil (936 Views)

Lockdown Relief Cash Only Seen Sharing In The Northern Nigeria , It Is Well. / Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud? / PDP Hiding Peter Obi As Atiku's Running Mate In The Northern Part (Updated). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Northern Evil by shehuolayinka(m): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2019
With guns you can kill terrorists; with education you can kill terrorism- Malala Yousafzai

Let’s be frank and straight to the point here. I promise to be incisive, deliberate, concise and short. People don’t read long epistles to John again, we rather prefer a summary, at best a one minute instagram video. What can be said in a few words need not many paragraphs.

I went on a trip once with a man who believed Nigeria’s ethnicity is an eternal albatross- an Achilles heel to progress and stability. He had asked me as a young lad, if I truly knew the history of the civil war. I had told him it was a Nigerian tragedy that claimed close to two million lives and the major actors cut food supply to win a war, forcing another military lieutenant to surrender and cower to intellect.

That’s not the whole story, he interjected. It was an ethnic problem. “Sir Ahamdu Bello was killed and that was the generation of the chaos. A chaos that has continued to slowly tear us apart till today,” he said. He had videos of the 70s and the Aburi declaration. He didn’t seem to lie, so I believed him.

Now, many conspiracy theories have been flying about. Most of them are thrown to jab the Owu Chief like Sam Omatseye. But I tell you what is surprising. What is surprising is that on this matter Wole Soyinka and Obasanjo happen to be on the same page. These two have been at loggerheads for as long I can remember. What does that tell us? We have clearly not been paying attention!

What is the aim of Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen? Boko Haram has made their mandate clear enough- to eradicate Western education. In their little emergence, they have bombed churches, mosques and schools. They even abducted school children to prove this aim. The ISWAP rose from the ashes of their charade and continued with the same mandate. The result is the continued captivity of Leah Sharibu which doesn’t seem to bother anyone these days. Not the emirs, governors, President or you inclusive.

Read more: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/05/31/the-northern-evil/

Re: The Northern Evil by IkalaiyeLOTO: 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
If Obasanjo is sure of his claims he should know the next step to take.cool

(1) (Reply)

Don't Go Abroad For Medical Treatment Again - Buhari / No One Is Too Powerful For Me To Control — Buhari / I no Longer Have Intimate Talk With My Husband – First Lady, Aisha Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.