Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,365 members, 7,950,760 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:25 PM

What Goes Down At 8pm - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Goes Down At 8pm (287 Views)

What Would Happen To You When The Internet Goes Down Indefinitely Worldwide / Juhel Filling Station Enugu Goes Down In Flame / What Would Happen If The Internet Goes Down For Even A Day?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Goes Down At 8pm by dantewest: 11:01am On Jun 03, 2019
8 pm, the time of the day when we reflect on the happenings of the day. Reflecting on the workplace intrigues occurs at this time, the smiles, the experience and of course the ever-present office politics…all these passes through our ever active minds.

From a personal point of view, this is when I look back at the day’s activities, analyzing what went wrong and also the day’s success. This is when I also subconsciously begin to actively plan for the next day’s activities.

In other not to waste much time thinking and planning, my mental ‘To do’ list begins to take shape. From crafting the perfect reply to that larger than life manager to the office crush. The answers to the ‘Whys, hows, whens, whats and where’ of the next days’ activities are meticulously prepared, rehearsed and memorized before my bus reaches my last bus stop (I get home shortly before 9 pm daily, in case you are wondering)

8 pm, the only time I have to briefly glance through my LinkedIn app and craft my version of the perfect LinkedIn update, which incidentally has been targeted at the incompetencies of Nigerian managers… I’ll stop here before I digress into the forbidden Facebook topic.

Back to my musings, 8 pm is a sacred time, a holy time somewhat, because this is the time I allocate for sober reflection, planning, and perfecting policies, both office, and home policies. This is when I also evaluate my friendship and place each individual in the categories they belong – Friends, foes or frenemies…

We live in a fluid and dynamic world, and to be honest, I’m an advocate of the saying – ‘There’s no permanent friends/enemy, but permanent self-interest.

Do you have your 8 pm too? Share how you handle your emotions after the day’s drama…

https://decoffeehublounge./2019/05/30/what-goes-down-at-8pm/

PS: Join our Telegram Job Group.
Search for De'Coffee Hub Lounge on the Telegram app and join.

(1) (Reply)

Man, 66, Wins Western Lotto's N18million / How Medical Aid Worker Was Lured Into Boko Haram Under The Guise Of Charity / Tosin Odunfa Who Claimed To Be Man In Soyinka's Flight Incident Under Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.