Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,514 members, 7,885,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 01:44 AM

Keeping Sane As A Struggling Job Seeker. Henry’s Story - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Keeping Sane As A Struggling Job Seeker. Henry’s Story (404 Views)

JOBS TIPS: Here Are 4 Exclusive Tips For Human-Human Networking As A Job Seeker / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know / Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keeping Sane As A Struggling Job Seeker. Henry’s Story by dantewest: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2019
Ding! Henry’s phone rang out, a message finally. Swiftly, he unlocked his phone, thinking inwardly, why do I need to lock this damn phone when I’ve got nothing to protect. With a sigh, he opened his inbox and the job interview he was hoping for was looking at him back as if daring him to read it. Job interview from SFLead. Bastards! He cursed out loud, he wanted to smash his phone because he knew who those guys were, absolute frauds who prey on the vulnerable job seekers, scamming them of their little resources. He remembered vividly when his mumu caught up with him when a similar company almost played a smart one on him, he wasted N2,000 on transport that day, he remembered the false feeling of hope when those frauds almost brainwashed him to give them N40,000 for a job that makes no sense. GNLD or multilevel marketing people or whatever fancy name they like to call themselves…with a frustrated groan, Henry wished he could come across one of those scammers in his area, he will so…DING! Henry’s phone buzzed angrily as if it agreed with his current dark mood.

Miraculously, it was another job interview email this time around. His phone wasn’t having a good reception for this sort of thing, Yahoomail app doesn’t support any sort of mediocre slow network like his current location, so he paid for his meal, plugged his earphones but didn’t turn on his radio or music. At this point, Henry wasn’t in the mood for chit chat, depression has darkened his mood for the past few months. He just wanted to have a clear mind to focus on his next moves. He briefly thought of Shade, his new crush, he always felt his inability to be in a relationship with anyone was because of his current employment status. Shade was someone who had his time online, they connected on Facebook and began chatting daily on WhatsApp. Like the other girls, he knew Shade will soon get bored and move on when whatever demons chasing her too has been tamed, at least it’s not demons like unemployment.

Unemployment in Nigeria is changing the mindset of many youths, the depression, and feeling of been left behind makes large number of youth change their perception from positive and hopeful to negative and defeatist. This type of mindset is hurtful because the effect it has is diverse according to sexes. For instance, females begin to use sex as survival tactics while the male venture into sports betting, wrong friendships, and bad behavior. It’s no surprise people are killing themselves in large number lately. The pain is unbearable sometimes because, without employment, a person is vulnerable to any mistake or events that money would have solved. And when those events pile up, the pressure becomes toxic enough for some to commit suicide and end it immediately. Depression isn’t seen as an illness in Nigeria yet, so medical attention isn’t given to many depressed people, the masses will rather attempt to use their twisted religious talks to make you feel depressed about been depressed.

As Henry approached his house gate, another form of depression sets in. Emotional depression caused by a toxic parent.

Let us know if you can relate to this.

Read more:
https://decoffeehublounge./2019/06/03/keeping-sane-as-a-struggling-job-seeker-henrys-story/

1 Like

Re: Keeping Sane As A Struggling Job Seeker. Henry’s Story by rottable(m): 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2019
I can relate to the 40,000 naira CFlead scam. Funny enough, I paid 200 naira and I told them that, i will back to pay the rest.

1 Like

Re: Keeping Sane As A Struggling Job Seeker. Henry’s Story by youngsahito(m): 9:01pm On Jun 03, 2019
rottable:
I can relate to the 40,000 naira CFlead scam. Funny enough, I paid 200 naira and I told them that, i will back to pay the rest.
lolz, those stupid cflead guyz want to kill me with their rubbish email message.
Re: Keeping Sane As A Struggling Job Seeker. Henry’s Story by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
I laugh when people say joining Enterprenuership is a scam.��

*ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!*

Is Working for government and being paid the same salary as when Dollar was N165 till now not a scam?

Is Working for years without promotion not a scam?.��

Is Working for so long and just getting a sack letter or retiring broke and in debt not a scam.�

Is Not being paid salary for 5months or more not a SCAM?.��

Is Not being able to transfer your job to your children not a SCAM?�

Is Spending 6years in Primary school 6years in Secondary School 4, 5, 6years in Higher Institution, 1 year Internship (for some), 1year of NYSC and at the end you still roam about looking for non-existing job not the REAL Scam����?

Meanwhile someone somewhere is making millions, driving brand new cars etc all in just few years of starting his own business�������� without submitting CV, NYSC discharge Certificate etc....

and you still say its a scam?�

Ignorance is a deadly disease,you better find someone to explain to you the world most profitable business plan today, so that your precious life don't end in scam .... *stand out and succeed*

BE GUIDED.
THINK BIG
THINK BETTER......

(1) (Reply)

Sales Marketing Executives Needed! / Police Constable Recruitment 2019 / Food Scientists, Microbiologists and Industrial Chemists Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.