Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,029 members, 7,939,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! " - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! " (1202 Views)

My Abductors Wanted To Kill Me — Falae / Nigerians, Please Slow Down On Copying Foreign Things / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! " by nex(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2010
I just came across this CNN interview of IBB and I has to transcribe for those who can't watch the video ( http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/ )

Christian Purefoy:You annulled what is seen as the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria in 1993. Do you regret annulling the elections.

General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida: You must admit, this man ran the freest, the best elections in history of this this country,

CP: But then you annulled it.

IBB: We had to do what will be in the best interest of the country at that time, and I accepted full responsibility,

CP: How could annulling elections be in the best interest of a country?

IBB: Don't forget, as a government, I have more in terms of information about what is likely going to happen. Stability of this country is required first and  foremost. I knew what I was going to leave behind.

CP: But you left behind Abacha. After you annulled those elections, one of Nigeria's worst dictators came to power.

IBB: No! No! He stabilized this country. It didn't break up. so that is even credit to him.

CP: So do you feel looking back, that,  you said you regret annulling the elections,

IBB: Did I?! I said it was wrong!!

CP: So do you regret annulling the elections?

IBB: I thought people should understand, when you accept responsibility, he is saying blame it on me, and not on any other person.

CP: What do you feel is the responsiblity of that blame for you?

IBB: Nigerians are sensible, Nigerians do understand. After  taking a long time, they read back and in retrospect they say wait a minute. I think we judged him unfairly, we judged him harshly.

CP: Have you ever apologised to Nigerians for annulling these elections?

IBB: I told the Nigerians it was wrong, I told the Nigerians, please don't kill anybody, kill me!

CP: Do you feel you should apologise to Nigerians for those annulled elections?

IBB: Those elections were annulled seventeen years ago. What I keep telling Nigerians is for Christ sake, let us move forward.

CP: Why are you running again? Why do you want to be President of Nigeria again?

IBB: We, all, every Nigerian should aspire to be the President of this country. That is the first thing. And anybody who thinks he has something to offer this country, don't forget, I gave my live. I carried a bullet in me. Just for the sake of this country.

CP: In the past elections, politicians have been involved in paying of young men to stuff ballot boxes, in the Delta, arming young boys to put their politicians in power. Are your prepared to do that to win the elections?

IBB: No, no, no. I'm just a candidate. I'm not in a position to ask young men to fill up the boxes because that will be illegal. The government however, promised assured us, that it will conduct  free, transparent, each vote will count, and there will be no thuggery.

CP: Do you think that is the case? Do you think that's what's going on right now?IBB: I think I have no option that to accept that the government is going to do it. I said I was going to conduct a free and fair election, and I did.
Re: IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! " by Luvties(m): 6:57pm On Sep 29, 2010
[flash=200,200]http://I doubt if IBB can utter "CHRIST SAKE" when communicating![/flash]

[email]jmada39@gmail.com[/email]
Re: IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! " by Luvties(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2010
I doubt if IBB can utter "CHRIST SAKE" when communicating!
Re: IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! " by Luvties(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2010
Re: IBB: "Nigerians, Please Don't Kill Anybody. Kill Me! " by nex(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Luvties

the video is on the link: Frontpage of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Political Debate On Itv Benin / Anenih Foils Edo Bank Robbery / Post Election Violence In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.