Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:54 PM

Aero Contractors Airlines And Its Fraudulent Practices - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractors Airlines And Its Fraudulent Practices (1540 Views)

FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn / Aero Contractors Renamed Nigerian Eagle / Aero Contractors Low Cost Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Contractors Airlines And Its Fraudulent Practices by truely9ja: 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2010
I was to fly with aero to Lagos, a 18 hours to the time of departure, I got a test message from them saying

[size=18pt]“WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT DUE TO CHANGE IN OPERATING AIRCRAT, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE YOU ON OUR FLIGHT AJ162 FROM BENIN TO LAGOS ON THE 30TH OF SEPTEMBER 2010. WE SINCERELY APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE YOU. FOR ENQUIRIES PLEASE CALL: 01-8773574 OR 01-7647569”[/size]

I placed a call to these numbers one rang but never answered while the other was switched off.

I don’t know that they mean that I cannot be accommodated because I booked for the flight two weeks before the flight date, so the issue of late booking does not arise at all. Equally, there was no provision(s) made to for the affected passengers in terms of making another arrangement for airlifting or our money refunded, since it was their fault.

Forumites, what should I do?
Re: Aero Contractors Airlines And Its Fraudulent Practices by johnkent(m): 4:41am On Sep 30, 2010
haha. Thats nigeria for ya. So sad thou
Re: Aero Contractors Airlines And Its Fraudulent Practices by Akaraiwe(m): 10:36pm On Oct 10, 2010
Yeah,same thing happened to me,I was to Fly a pet i brought in from Pretoria down to Owerri,as aero dont do unaccompanied live animal cargo.
I bought a ticket 5 days b4 the 3rd of october,to my surprise i got the same text you posted 24hrs b4 departure,but their reason was 'technical difficulties'.
I called the line my brother the line just dey cut my money. I had to go very early the next day for a refund, my dear I was told I could either reschedule or get a kinda flying voucher valid for a year(no cash refund).
Nna i simply rescheduled for the 5th of october, dem no even serve us pure water till i reach ala owerri.
Na so e be!!! grin
Re: Aero Contractors Airlines And Its Fraudulent Practices by samoyin(m): 4:32pm On Oct 13, 2010
Why not report to Complaint desk located at the Airport.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

World Tallest Hotel Set To Be Opened In Dubai (photos) / Trafford Hotel Abuja / Determining Whether You Really Want To Become A U.S Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.