Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,645 members, 7,889,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 10:43 PM

Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government (10086 Views)

Sit-at-home: Adopt Another Approach. Delta Government Begs IPOB, Unknown Gunmen / Delta Government Gives Out Cheques To Victims Of Uwheru Herdsmen Attack / Pat Utomi: Success Adegor Video Shows Delta Government Has No Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by goodnewsbabe: 1:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
GMbuharii:

4kOFF mallam
next
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2019
GMbuharii:

Guy,unbiased1 is right,that thing ain't Igbo. He ain't Edo either.
Maybe he's agbor or even a Ghanaian.
Lolzzzzz no think much...oooo
why not Congo...
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Deadlytruth(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
GMbuharii:

Guy,we will all be losers if we keep on dwelling our thoughts about the past. So I should keep mute and allow evil to overthrow me and my loved ones cos the igbos did this and that in the past,huh?
According to you, Igbos alone are the ones bold enough to speak up against the fulani herdsmen menace. Aren't you by that assertion suggesting that all non-Igbos, yourself inclusive, are keeping mute and allowing evil overthrow you and your loved ones? Without the past there can't be the present. We all know that Fulani Herdsmen menace is not a problem in itself but rather a symptom of a more fundamental problem which has to do with the faulty structure we operate in the country courtesy of the past and even present irrational choices and shortsighted decisions of Igbo political elite. So of what use is it to just keep verbally speaking out against Fulani Herdsmen attacks without a corresponding agitation and action aimed at addressing the root cause of the problem? As far as I am concerned, those who were bold enough to, take action towards setting in motion the campaign for a structural change that will holistically address Nigeria's problems including Fulani Herdsmen menace are the Niger Deltans, hence I don't see how rational it is for you as a Niger Deltan to keep transferring a glory meant for you to Igbos.

GMbuharii:

If I may ask,in what way did their shortsighted actions in the past lead to this present menace?
If you are a good student of history you wouldn't have asked this question. But to oblige you, I would that you realize that it is a universal principle in political philosophy that the experimentation of unitary system in a multi-ethnic society (which Nigeria is a good example of) always leads to incessant clashes of culture and it's resultant effects of chaos, daily bloodshed, enduring political instability, intractible terrorism, corruption in government, tribalism and nepotism, loss of nationalistic fervour in the citizenry, etc which all culminate in failed state status as we have it today before us in Nigeria. Now tell me which tribe's political elite forced us to ever experiment with unitary system which has put us in this sorry state tiil today. You think it was the Hausafulanis?

GMbuharii:

f you are hinging any blame on the igbos for so called past mistakes then our grandfathers, Anthony Enahoro, Herbert Macauley,Awolowo,Zik,Okotie Eboh,etc, who fought for independence prematurely should equally share that blame,cos the north weren't ready and the Brits manipulated and gave them power. And we have been suffering for that till today.
Like I have already explained above, our problem has nothing to do with the timing of independence but the criminal and illegal imposition of unitary system on the country as against the federal system we were operating and making rapid progress prior to and immedietely after independence.

GMbuharii:

The hand writing of the northern menace/internal colonisation have been on the wall for decades and only the igbos are bold enough to look at them in the face,challenge them.
We are all thinking it, but they are saying it.
The bolded was exactly the reason why the departing colonial masters bequethed a strictly federal system on us on our demand. Recall as well that the North too was in morbid fear of Southern domination
through superior academic endowments hence they accepted the proposal of federalism which naturally insulates each and every section of the society from the domination agenda and internal colonization tendencies of every other section. But only the Igbos weren't comfortable with the federal system because they felt it would put a check on their already high spate of migration to other regions to enjoy the same status as the natives.

GMbuharii:

am a Niger Deltan and a sailor. I hate the things I see whenever we are taking fuel from Lagos to the deltas,to the people who own the crude.
I am a Niger Deltan too and equally hate seeing what you complain of above. In addition I hate having to make do with a paltry 13% derivation knowing fully well that the other regions enjoyed a whooping 75% derivation in the times of their groundnut pyramids, Cocoa and palm oil.

GMbuharii:

ote,if you guys believe the igbos brought this menance on us and should be in forefront against it,then leave them alone,stop abusing them when they are doing so.
If I cannot help a man,I leave him alone,I don't make things worse for him.

We don't abuse them when they are doing so. What we stand against is when they try to create the false impression that they are innocent victims of the system hence deserve the kind of applause your likes give them without knowing that they actually sowed the seeds of the choas on ground.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

According to you, Igbos alone are the ones bold enough to speak up against the fulani herdsmen menace. Aren't you by that assertion suggesting that all non-Igbos, yourself inclusive, are keeping mute and allowing evil overthrow you and your loved ones? Without the past there can't be the present. We all know that Fulani Herdsmen menace is not a problem in itself but rather a symptom of a more fundamental problem which has to do with the faulty structure we operate in the country courtesy of the past and even present irrational choices and shortsighted decisions of Igbo political elite. So of what use is it to just keep verbally speaking out against Fulani Herdsmen attacks without a corresponding agitation and action aimed at addressing the root cause of the problem? As far as I am concerned, those who were bold enough to, take action towards setting in motion the campaign for a structural change that will holistically address Nigeria's problems including Fulani Herdsmen menace are the Niger Deltans, hence I don't see how rational it is for you as a Niger Deltan to keep transferring a glory meant for you to Igbos.

If you are a good student of history you wouldn't have asked this question. But to oblige you, I would that you realize that it is a universal principle in political philosophy that the experimentation of unitary system in a multi-ethnic society (which Nigeria is a good example of) always leads to incessant clashes of culture and it's resultant effects of chaos, daily bloodshed, enduring political instability, intractible terrorism, corruption in government, tribalism and nepotism, loss of nationalistic fervour in the citizenry, etc which all culminate in failed state status as we have it today before us in Nigeria. Now tell me which tribe's political elite forced us to ever experiment with unitary system which has put us in this sorry state tiil today. You think it was the Hausafulanis?

Like I have already explained above, our problem has nothing to do with the timing of independence but the criminal and illegal imposition of unitary system on the country as against the federal system we were operating and making rapid progress prior to and immedietely after independence.

The bolded was exactly the reason why the departing colonial masters bequethed a strictly federal system on us on our demand. Recall as well that the North too was in morbid fear of Southern domination
through superior academic endowments hence they accepted the proposal of federalism which naturally insulates each and every section of the society from the domination agenda and internal colonization tendencies of every other section. But only the Igbos weren't comfortable with the federal system because they felt it would put a check on their already high spate of migration to other regions to enjoy the same status as the natives.

I am a Niger Deltan too and equally hate seeing what you complain of above. In addition I hate having to make do with a paltry 13% derivation knowing fully well that the other regions enjoyed a whooping 75% derivation in the times of their groundnut pyramids, Cocoa and palm oil.

We don't abuse them when they are doing so. What we stand against is when they try to create the false impression that they are innocent victims of the system hence deserve the kind of applause your likes give them without knowing that they actually sowed the seeds of the choas on ground.

Continue blaming igbos while herdsmen ravage and islamise ur land.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Deadlytruth(m): 2:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Continue blaming igbos while herdsmen ravage and islamise ur land.
I guess my land is Enugu where herdsmen attacked and the governor's response was to declare prayer and fasting. My state long ago passed a law banning night grazing and disarming herdsmen.
You see the arrogance, remorselessness and denial of responsibility which makes other Nigerians resent you Igbos?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I guess my land is Enugu where herdsmen attacked and the governor's response was to declare prayer and fasting. My state long ago passed a law banning night grazing and disarming herdsmen.
You see the arrogance, remorselessness and denial of responsibility which makes other Nigerians resent you Igbos?

Your resentment doesn't add or remove anything from their lives so continue in ur resentment.

Nobody give a damn, if u cannot tackle a problem and always blame others like buhari then sorry is your name.

It doesn't need long epistle.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by GMbuharii: 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Binikingdowm:
the first time I saw the moniker I thought he's an Edo person.

Yes,me too.
In Edo,it's OSAGIE or OSEGIE.

What is Osagyefo?
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2019
GMbuharii:

Yes,me too.
In Edo,it's OSAGIE or OSEGIE.

What is Osagyefo?

Osagyefo means GREAT.

Acronym attached to late kwame nkrumah popularly referred to as Osagyefo Dr kwame Nkrumah.

Go school una no want go
Nairaland done turn to una education center.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Deadlytruth(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Your resentment doesn't add or remove anything from their lives so continue in ur resentment.

Nobody give a damn, if u cannot tackle a problem and always blame others like buhari then sorry is your name.

It doesn't need long epistle.

You can't solve a problem without finding out the root cause. This is not about Buhari and has nothing to do with him. Your attempt to smuggle him into the issue here marks the dishonesty and evasiveness of the typical Igbo man.
The problem of Nigeria is basically structural and we must all first be enlightened enough on the origin of this faulty structure before any solution approach can work. Pity is your name!

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

You can't solve a problem without finding out the root cause. This is not about Buhari and has nothing to do with him. Your attempt to smuggle him into the issue here marks the dishonesty and evasiveness of the typical Igbo man.
The problem of Nigeria is basically structural and we must all first be enlightened enough on the origin of this faulty structure before any solution approach can work. Pity is your name!

U can defend buhari and blame igbos till eternity it doesn't add or limit anything inn their lives. Rather your suffering will continue to multiply as u look for more grammar and space to write epistles of st marks.

Nobody give a damn, so if u can't solve ur issue continue the blame game like ur oga at the top.

When u are tired of grammar then u can act.

Is not a rocket science.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by GMbuharii: 3:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Osagyefo means GREAT.

Acronym attached to late kwame nkrumah popularly referred to as Osagyefo Dr kwame Nkrumah.

Go school una no want go
Nairaland done turn to una education center.

Shattap,what business has Ghana,Kwame Nkrumah gotta do with Edo matter?

I knew you were a Ghana.

grin
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
GMbuharii:

Shattap,what business has Ghana,Kwame Nkrumah gotta do with Edo matter?

I knew you were a Ghana.

grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

From afonja to mallam to edo...now Ghana.

Nairaland is littered with kids... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by odigbosky(m): 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Keep diverting and continue shooting ur self on the leg.

Do Edo state and calculate the number of miserable index in the state.

Thank me later.

U leave the ravaging situation in ur land and be chasing shadows.

Actually do you know that apart from Asaba and Warri, the next city with the highest percentage of Deltans is Benin. Like uhrobo pole full everywhere here for Benin no be mouth. Like from Siluko road go reach Sapele road dem full am anyhow. Them just dy born anyhow dy suffer dia children for Benin. Before bike was banned here, na dem ride bike pass follow by aboki. So if u want to actually start hanging our dirty undies outside no problem because in as much as I be confirm Edo boy, I be Oghara boy too. I mean full oghara boy
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
odigbosky:

Actually do you know that apart from Asaba and Warri, the next city with the highest percentage of Deltans is Benin. Like uhrobo pole full everywhere here for Benin no be mouth. Like from Siluko road go reach Sapele road dem full am anyhow. Them just dy born anyhow dy suffer dia children for Benin. Before bike was banned here, na dem ride bike pass follow by aboki. So if u want to actually start hanging our dirty undies outside no problem because in as much as I be confirm Edo boy, I be Oghara boy too. I mean full oghara boy

So in essence what are u saying?
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

And all your derogatory mentions of Edo here are complements right?

The mods are coming after you for insulting a tribe.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Deadlytruth(m): 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

The mods are coming after you for insulting a tribe.
I guess they are congratulating you for insulting Edo all this while?
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2019
Deadlytruth:

I guess they are congratulating you for insulting Edo all this while?

There is a clear difference between edo state and edo.

Edo state is different from edo as a tribe.

Check all my post grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by odigbosky(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

So in essence what are u saying?

Stop saying rubbish things about my state
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
odigbosky:

Stop saying rubbish things about my state

Alright I won't but u should stop doing same as your people constantly do.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by odigbosky(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2019
AreaFada2:

Edo is doing OK financially even without much oil. Edo is not a core oil state. Just need better management

But my point is still valid. World people see things in different ways. While strategic collaboration is good, better to focus on one's own as Nigeria is today.

Bros u still dy here
I be think say u no dy come here again ooo. E dn tay wen I see ur post. This site dn dy boring one kind. E b like say all the men dem no dy use d site again or na MODs an just kill dem.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by odigbosky(m): 3:44pm On Jun 05, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Alright I won't but u should stop doing same as your people constantly do.

Edo people barely cause any trouble online. If they do maybe it's someone from another part of this country using a monicker that's Edo. Very few Edo persons ever have the time to do such. You only see us on threads relating to our State or our Monarch. We never fit develop ourselves finish na to come dy follow pple drag Wetin no concern us....abeg oooo. Awua

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
odigbosky:

Edo people barely cause any trouble online. If they do maybe it's someone from another part of this country using a monicker that's Edo. Very few Edo persons ever have the time to do such. You only see us on threads relating to our State or our Monarch. We never fit develop ourselves finish na to come dy follow pple drag Wetin no concern us....abeg oooo. Awua

Nice submission just go through the thread up and see ur people insulting igbos.

They leave who to blame face igbos coz every Nigeria problem na igbo cause.

As far as u say igbo....ehhhhhhh everybody will be alright.
Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by AreaFada2: 6:11pm On Jun 05, 2019
odigbosky:

Bros u still dy here
I be think say u no dy come here again ooo. E dn tay wen I see ur post. This site dn dy boring one kind. E b like say all the men dem no dy use d site again or na MODs an just kill dem.

Hahahaha. grin cheesy
E be like Seun don hammer wella. E be like say he nor dey too much worry about quality of Nairaland again. Nor surprise if Nairaland goes the way of Nairalist once owned by Seun.

Many pioneers of Nairaland use hardly come here anymore.

Now that only gossip of Tontoh Duke, Regina Daniels, ogeh, Toke Makinwa and other face-me-face you quality dey come fb, with indescriminate banning, mods are doing a good job to Bury a once reputable website.

Anyway hoping they will start getting it right again.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Mulls Bendel Development Commission With Delta Government by onyeopobo: 5:44am On Jun 06, 2019
Binikingdowm:
same with me but dad from Benin, mum from agbor(ika)

WOW, WOW WOW!

So your mother is an ika Igbo Woman MY GOD! MY GOD! WHAT WERE YOU DOING WHEN YOU CHOSE TO CREATE US NIGERIANS, WHY DID YOU MAKE US LIKE THIS? EH GOD WHY?

So all these negative things this guy has been saying against igbo people on this nairaland, most of them non provoked and out of the blue, his mom is an igbo woman? Blood of Jesus - This country can never go foward that is truth that we are unable to tell our selves, because the problem is really not the leaders but the citizenry.

My brother I hope you're lying but even if you are, that reality is not an isolated one. The shocking level of stupidity that prevails in this country or even continent is at an unprecedented level. I am a very light skin guy who left the country for almost 20 years ago, married a European, my kids look Caucasian, my parents are dead, my only connection to nigeria now is purely an emotional one. Asides my immediate family members, my only easy chance to interact with common nigerians is Nairaland. And everytime I come here and read comments that shockingly defy common sense - I ask myself when am I going to let go of this country and move on.

To the other Edo state guys that are falling for a bait to insult igbo people and are on the other hand praising a Bendel Development Commission as welcome development, did you guys forget that about a third of Delta State is made up of igbo people, and the current gov of delta state is an igbo guy. You want Edo and Delta to co-operate while on the other hand you're insulting the gov's tribe and a good chunk of bendelites based on their tribe, and yet want them to come and co-operate with you. How do you think the gov will feel if he came here to read comments just to see how people are feeling about the issue, and only to see you guys insulting his tribe. Na wa for nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Will Face Food Crisis Next Year – Senator Utazi / Nigerians To Enjoy Seamless Passport Processing Soon - Tunji-ojo / Yahaya Seriki Empowers Kwarans Donates 250 Million To Help Alleviate Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.