Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,948 members, 7,949,257 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

Aa Woman& Yoruban Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Aa Woman& Yoruban Love (1469 Views)

As An AA Woman Should I Take This Igbo Guy Serious? / Relationship Between AA And SS / Help This AA Woman Understand This Nijia Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by freedomfro(f): 4:09am On Sep 30, 2010
I'm 20 years old, African-American female, and seeing a Yoruba man who's 28 years old. He's the best, he treats me so great! American men have never made me feel this way, he calls regularly, always accepts my phone calls and texts, and treats me like a Queen. I can only do the same in return. He truly is my King. Regardless of stereotypes, this one's real. He's educated, and a little americanized, but still cultured. We've been taking things VERY SLOWLY for 8 months, and I'm falling very hard. Anyone dating, married or been married to an older Yoruba man, experiences, comments, concerns, questions, advice! LET's TALK!
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Tinksh(f): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2010
No advice. Just wanted to say congratulations! I hope you are always this happy! Good for you.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Tosinville(m): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
lol. . . . . I'm a yoruba dude but still single tho! lol
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Spiritualj: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2010
girl go 4 him and dont wait 4 smbody 2 tel u was 2 do,wel yuruba men ar caring very caring so just follow ur mind.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Olami099(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2010
U made a very good choice.Yoruba men are the best when it comes to taking care of women.Name it, is it financially,bedmatically,spiritually,physically damn it.They worship women as if they are there God but they are jealous.could you tell me which part of yoruba is the lucky man from?
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by freedomfro(f): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2010
Thank you!!! He's from Lagos.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by oyinbogirl(f): 1:46pm On Oct 13, 2010
hey u lucky gurl, i can relate to what ur saying here cos i got myself such a man, cant believe how lucky i be, he treats me too like a queen. He come from Ibadan, raised certainly with love & respect, i really wish u well my dear, with ur guy, smiley
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by DJA: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2010
Ask God in sincere prayers for guidiance.He seem d Mr Right,but God knows d best.Dont put urself in a hurry.If he's d real man,he will be patient 4 an answer.But dont shut him out,n dont sell ursef cheaply,cos it will diminish His love 4 u.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by ShyOne(f): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2010
freedomfro:

I'm 20 years old, African-American female, and seeing a Yoruba man who's 28 years old. He's the best, he treats me so great! American men have never made me feel this way, he calls regularly, always accepts my phone calls and texts, and treats me like a Queen. I can only do the same in return. He truly is my King. Regardless of stereotypes, this one's real. He's educated, and a little americanized, but still cultured. We've been taking things VERY SLOWLY for 8 months, and I'm falling very hard. Anyone dating, married or been married to an older Yoruba man, experiences, comments, concerns, questions, advice! LET's TALK!

I too am AA and my man is in Lagos as well. I love him SOO MUCH, he is soo good to me. He loves God and I love God. We think a lot alike. We are also in similar fields of work. He is so honest that it catches me off guard and I can do nothing but look at him and thank God for him every single day. He is funny and highly intelligent and creative and understanding. My parents have spoken with him via phone, my family members. We talk all the time. I love him and cannot imagine being without him.

I don't know much about Nigeria and am trying very hard to understand the people and culture - I feel a bit intimidated at times because of my lack of knowledge, but I am trying to open my thought because he is worth my time, energy and effort to learn him and his ways. I wish I knew Nigerian women and men so I could find out more - there aren't many books that I have been able to find yet so he told me about this NL and so far I have learned a little. But I just don't know if it is very accurate - the court is out on that yet.

I will follow the posts on your thread you have posted. Thank you for posting this - it is helpful to me.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Dyt(f): 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
Shy one hit me on my yim,i think i can put u thru a lil
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by freedomfro(f): 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
@Shy-One
Indeed, I completely understand the feeling intimidated. He and his friends sometimes speak in their language, so I'm like, huh? But I wish you the best as well. I've noticed my 9ja man's friends are always vouching for him, telling me how much of a great man he is, and how much he loves me, and how I better not let him go, this raises my eyebrows slightly, also, they're offended at times because I really don't like the food, it's not THAT great. LOL!
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by kokoye(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2010
I am happy for you. goodluck lady.

A real lady who knows what she wants, found it and has kept and nurtured it.

congratulations and God bless.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by kokoye(m): 6:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
Please dont discuss this guy (or relationships) on this forum . . . people (haters) will get you confused.

my candid advice

goodluck once more.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2010
freedomfro:

@Shy-One
Indeed, I completely understand the feeling intimidated. He and his friends sometimes speak in their language, so I'm like, huh? But I wish you the best as well. I've noticed my 9ja man's friends are always vouching for him, telling me how much of a great man he is, and how much he loves me, and how I better not let him go, this raises my eyebrows slightly, also, they're offended at times because I really don't like the food, it's not THAT great. LOL!

usually friends speak on his behalf when he is cheating on you
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by kokoye(m): 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2010
^^^

I told you not to discuss him on here.

I hope you are happy with the kinda responses you are starting to get.

get out of here and enjoy your man.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by ShyOne(f): 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ kokoye

please clarify which one of us are you referring to?
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by kokoye(m): 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2010
^^^

Both of you.

Please do not bring your relationships on to nairaland, especially if the guy is Nigerian and you are not.

you will only get frustrated and confused. There are people here that are not happy about anything good and they will only try to make you feel bad.

Pretty please, for the sake of your happiness.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by ShyOne(f): 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
Thank you soo much - I just needed you to tell me this, I will take your comments to heart. Again, thank you very much. I just wasn't sure what you are trying to say.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by marcus1234: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2010
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by kokoye(m): 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2010
You are welcome shy-one . . .though I can tell you aint really shy wink

Goodluck in all you do.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by gestapo(f): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

usually friends speak on his behalf when he is cheating on you

God bless you for this kiss But to be sincere, i had always thought this was a Nigerian thing undecided They'd visit Girl A, eat her food, reassure her she is the only one, head to Girl B's home, eat, wash their hands, say the same thing, then depart for Girl C's house, only to repeat the same ish, and so on and so forth . . . . . .MEN

kokoye:

Please dont discuss this guy (or relationships) on this forum . . . people (haters) will get you confused.

my candid advice

goodluck once more.

That was uncalled for angry So STFU and grow up and get a life, the dude that responded ain't even Nigerian, so whats your stress

Previously, the ladies that used to come here were the ones who come to gloat that Nigerian men were dating them because they were hotter than Nigerian girls, then these were followed by those who came to seek advice on whether the Nigerian guys were playing with their heart, AND THE TYPICAL MAJORITY RESPONSE THESE LADIES GET IS THAT THEY SHOULD BE CAREFUL THE DUDE IS NOT USING THEM TO GET THE "ELUSIVE" GREENCARD

So where did the alledged perceived hatred from haters come from
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by gestapo(f): 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2010
@ Freedomfro

Congratulations, guard your heart and exercise the same precaution you would if you were dating someone else from another part of the World. Best wishes. cool
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Elpieda: 7:56pm On Oct 20, 2010
@FREEDOMFRO congratulations to you and take things slow and let God guide you in all you do.

P.S: I 100% agree with Kokoye
I couldnt have said it better, coming from a Nigerian woman,
kokoye:

my candid advice

goodluck once more.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2010
Hmm everyone here is commenting on the positive side only. @op good-luck but note: Every yoruba man will tell you hes from "Lagos" lie #1. Em men are lazy, depend a lot on em women. They re dirty thou em men are far better than women. Caring they may be, but note: they can me very submissive when expecting something from you.

Don't be surprise to see some of them barking on me for my comment.

Good-luck
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Elpieda: 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2010
FREEDOMFRO, RUN from this Thread and dont look back, you will get the nastiest comments that will get you all flabbergasted, You will also see tribalism, stereotypes and hasty conclusions in its highest forms like the post before mine,

Am not saying your relationship will be all rosy, every relationship is a risk, so is marriage. There are no guarantees. you can only reduce the odds,  enjoy your relationship and involve God in it if you are a believer and dont pay too much attention to the negative comments people make on this forum,
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by tpiah: 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2010
kpa kpa kpa kpa

let's clap for all involved and the advisers wishing them all the best.

intercultural l'omo.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 20, 2010
Elpieda:

FREEDOMFRO, RUN from this Thread and dont look back, you will get the nastiest comments that will get you all flabbergasted, You will also see tribalism, stereotypes and hasty conclusions in its highest forms like the post before mine,

Am not saying your relationship will be all rosy, every relationship is a risk, so is marriage. There are no guarantees. you can only reduce the odds,  enjoy your relationship and involve God in it if you are a believer and dont pay too much attention to the negative comments people make on this forum,

Sorry for your partner if you have got any.
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2010
REALITY101:

Sorry for your partner if you have got any.

yes we got no quarantee words can be broken we wish our self the best

as long things are going smooth according to your likings we tend to say am settled and guaranted

just like death the life is good the less think about it the more you think you will live longer
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by Elpieda: 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2010
@REALITY 101, get a reality check, there is no guarantee in marriage and the fact will always remain that you can only reduce the odds of your marriage not working or your relationship not working by setting standards and counting on God to direct your path, thats just the reality, has nothing to do with bein pessimistic or negative, its just the TRUTH,

Reduce the odds by not settling for a man/woman who cheats or beats u while your still courting. Reduce the odds by being with someone who compliments you and who shares the same values and morals as you do, who loves you and whom you love and so many more. Of which they all still gurantee nothing cos we are humans, Only God can help us with our choices, thats LIFE,
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by freedomfro(f): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2010
Hm,
Re: Aa Woman& Yoruban Love by MrsChima(f): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hmm.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Boys So Complicated / The 10 Biggest Reasons Men Resent Their Wives / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.