Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! (3008 Views)

Lagos At 50: Ambode Gives Soyinka Appointment (photos) / Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by yarnatus: 3:46am On Oct 01, 2010
We hear you Mr. Badamusi, your idea makes sense but first tell us what happened to Dele Giwa and why June 12 election was annulled! I bet you never saw this coming, U dey form Maradona that year, you cant dribble us again now our defense don tight!!!
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by iykmo1: 5:10am On Oct 01, 2010
international thief like fala called you thanks for your advice eh, we nigerians appreciate huh it's beter you respect you self kia kia befor pikin them go pour you dust. onye oshimoshi funfujuakpa, the more you look the less you see wea you they use them no fit work this time. the talis man don die so you charm no go catch us againooooo tongue
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by supereagle(m): 7:17am On Oct 01, 2010
[size=13pt]When will IBB stop insulting us in this country? When he was in power, we agitated that power must be decentralized , he would not like to hear that, it took him 17 yrs after leaving the power before he woke up to reality. If he gave us what we needed when he was in power, he will not be saying in his mind that I wish I can draw the hand of the clock back.

You can not climb an IROKO tree  twice,once you succeeded  in climb it once you must cut all the branches you want-An Ndi Igbo adage .He had ruled once for 8 yrs. what does he want again.
OBJ who had an opportunity of ruling Nigeria twice was used by Northerners to solve the problem of June 12.

The man should go and rest , he had eaten his future in the past.He can not rule this country again.[/size]
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by EMANY01(m): 7:20am On Oct 01, 2010
I feel  really  sorry  for  [size=8pt]FOOLS[/size]  who  develop   butterflies  in  their   stomachs   just  because   IBB  "proposed   decentralization".
On a   first   level   IBB is  an   Inglorious  Lying  naughty person  who   made   his   way   by   lying  to  as  many who would   buy  his   spunk just   to   achieve   his   devious    aims and  afterward s  he  would throttle  them  on  the   roadside or   if  they  were   lucky he just  forgot  about  them  (its  called   REALPOLITIK By The Way) so  why  would  you   believe  anything  this   man  says   now that   he  is  in  the  race for   Aso Rock  .
Secondly decentralization  is   not   exactly   the   solution .I  BELIEVE  Nigeria   is  a  federal  entity in  name  alone and  ( this  is  my  opinion  folks) that  Nigeria's   problems   has  never  been   the absence    of  a   framework   for  the political   or   otherwise    management  of  the country.To  be   fair   we   copied   just  about   enough  from  the   British  and   the United  States to  properly  manage   this   otherwise   great  country.The  problem   is   that   we  have   perverted whatever framework   there was/is  or  will be  so  2+2 never  turns  out  to  be   4. It  has  never  been  the  problem  of     rules   but  the CHARACTER and INTEGRITY of   those    who  administer  them (Ibori ,Igbinadion,Odili,,  etall and   their  trials   come  to  mind here the  same  Judges   who   acquitted them ,fined  them or  issued carte blanch permanent injunction preventing   their  arrest  would   think  nothing of   sentencing  a  common  criminal  to   200 years  imprisonment on  some  minor felony or misdemeanor like  stealing  Maggi  or  worse amputation   for  stealing  what  was  it   , a   cow?).
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by talk2docee: 10:44am On Oct 01, 2010
JUST VISIT THIS LINK http://24hoursfreecall.tk TO CALL YOU LOVE ONES AS YOU CELEBRATES NAIJA AT 50
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by paulex: 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dat has bn d cry of most naijans eversince. Even primary school kids knws decentralization of power will help naija 2 grow. So, Bleep ibb n his fuckin ideas! Make him go hug 133kv transformer.
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by uwaifiokun: 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
Why didn't he decentralised it when he was the president. So ,it means he did not know then about it or we were not ripe enough,just like he said the youth are not well equipped to rule Nigeria,except him and him alone.He is a confirmed AGBAYA!!!!
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by 49cents(m): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
Yep IBB got case to ansa but he is the first 'big' candidate talking true fedralsim; lemme tell ya'al somfin 'only' him can say this cos he has tasted unlimited power as miliyaty head of state, do you guys honestly fink that any other candidate would have the mind not to enjoy the full force and power of of the C in C of the FRN?

Nigeria needs decenralisation of power like crazy and nobody is agiatating for this; i beleive rather than shout down IBB we should use this re-opening of trully federating Nigeria as a basis of electing our next president.

As for his 'numerous crimes' i believe every man should be left to his conscience, we can not be looking for total innocence at the expense of leaping forward!
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by uyaiyen: 12:51am On Oct 02, 2010
vicknash you are a fool,and will always remain so,people like you should rot in jail with ibb cos you share thesame mind and thoughts,i am not so disappionted anyway.one thing i know for sure is that such idea did not originate from ibb but he is only re echoing what all nigerians even the uneducated nigerians have always wanted.l like what the other guy said that he(IBB) is already seeing his grave and has choosing his casket.he should be ashamed of himself because he lived and rule for nothing,there is virtually nothing meaningful he did in the past that can redeem him,he is a lost soul.IBB is one of the many money bags who thinks that they understand nigerians and so they can manipulate things in their favour.THINGS HAVE CHANGE.nigerians are ready and willing to take their destiny in their own hands,WE MUST STOP IBB AND OTHERS WHO ARE NOT TIRED OF MILKING US DRY.THEY WILL DIE AND LEAVE NIGERIA FOR US.
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by CGKing(m): 2:35am On Oct 02, 2010
I cant understand this IBB. If u really wanna serve Nigeria or prob ly heal old wounds, contesting for presidency isnt it. There r just 2 simple things we want from you:

1. Pay back the money you stole from the Nation, even if its not complete, just empty your account.
2. Come to lagos and just stand for a couple of minutes at any of our busstops, where we can see you.
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by tomiade1(m): 3:02am On Oct 02, 2010
CGKing:

I cant understand this IBB. If u really wanna serve Nigeria or prob ly heal old wounds, contesting for presidency isnt it. There r just 2 simple things we want from you:

1. Pay back the money you stole from the Nation, even if its not complete, just empty your account.
2. Come to lagos and just stand for a couple of minutes at any of our busstops, where we can see you.

hehehe. .
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 02, 2010
CGKing:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by Nobody: 3:14am On Oct 02, 2010
wasnt that what gideon orkar and co wanted to do and u killed them?
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by 49cents(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2010
do we honestly think that any newbie presidential candidate can be immune to the lure of corruption that is associated with the presidency as we have it in Nigeria? (Bola Tinubu a pro-NADECO activist and OGD of ogun state come to mind) or can the likes of Prof Pat Utomi emerge as president from our faulty electoral process? lets be realistic and move forward; the newbie would never want to 'reliquish' some of the powers his predecessors have enjoyed int he past the utomis are 'too early' to emerge winners

IBB to me has seen it all, we can use his av been there done that disposition to better our nation move this nation forward!
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by revolt(m): 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2010
Truth be told Ibb has the money so definitely he can't be loking for more he's been there done that and stil remains our best military dictato ie ntrpduction of diarchy and local govern.ent autonomy. New gem politicians would definitely not want to change a system that accords em so nuch power. Jonathan inclusive. Let's drop the past and move forward.I don't like the dude myself but with situation on ground he seems better p
repared han the rest. His candidacy is a risk I'm willing to take.the devil yu knw is better than he angel,
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by 49cents(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2010
revolt:

Truth be told Ibb has the money so definitely he can't be loking for more he's been there done that and stil remains our best military dictato ie ntrpduction of diarchy and local govern.ent autonomy. New gem politicians would definitely not want to change a system that accords em so nuch power. Jonathan inclusive. Let's drop the past and move forward.I don't like the dude myself but with situation on ground he seems better p
repared han the rest. His candidacy is a risk I'm willing to take.the devil yu knw is better than he angel,

guy you have just said the words i deliberately left out in my earlier posts.

i am willing to risk casting my votes for him too not becos he is a saint, it is best logic that is visible to me;
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by MShittu: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2010
I don't say this very often, but the old man knows what he's saying. All this talk about tribal marginalization could be prevented if states have the autonomy that they're supposed to have. The thing is that the federal government should have no say in defining state laws, and I don't think they do, as the North sharia-ized itself without any external interference, and if they could undergo such radical change, all other states can as well. So the issue of power decentralization should be an intra-state one rather than a national one, and if the peoples of a state feel marginalized, they should look to their own LGAs and State gov'ts before they start criticizing the FG.
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by Ugeh: 2:45am On Oct 05, 2010
With love from oga Badamosi cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria At 50: We Should Decentralise Powers – Ibb ! by idifu(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
was power not centralized wen u were the head of state?
why u no decentralize am den? were u sleeping dumb IBB?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orji Kalu's Powerful Analysis (Ezeuche was right) / House Of Reps Hold Sitting Despite Attempt To Stop Tambuwal From Entering NASS / See The Faces Of The Charlie Hemdo Shooters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.