Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,543 members, 7,948,086 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:39 PM

Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties (793 Views)

Comedian Alibaba Pictured In Arsenal Dressing Room / Comedian Alibaba Joins FRSC On Duty, Controls Road Traffic (Photos) / 30 Years Of Career: Comedian Alibaba Shows Off His Awards Collection (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by Gisters: 5:28am On Jun 06, 2019
GistMore.com

Ace comedian, Alibaba who participated recently carrying road safety duties controlling traffic, shares 1996 throwback photo with Josh2funny doing same job.

I have been a carrying out Road Safety Marshal duties since 1996. Thanks to #JonasAgwu a.k.a Oga Driver. Was appointed by Corps Marshal Brig Gen Audu Onaniya (Don't remember his name clearly but I strongly think I am right) and for some reasons, we were not told, the number of Special Marshals were reduced.
In spite of the downsizing, we continued working and when the Brig Gen was reappointed, my assignment was then moved to RS2/Lagos.
We have worked in the rain, sun and unpleasant conditions. We do it for the love of it. Even when it's not appreciated. And it's most times not appreciated.
In the end, it's not about, self aggrandizement. It's service to humanity. Those with shallow minds always think when you do something for society, it's because you have political ambition. Pay school fees. "Don't mind him, we will soon declare for one party". Donate to a charity. And as soon as the words filter out... "It's for the camera". Last Monday, after being in traffic for over an hour, I came down to help with traffic and clear the gridlock. As usual, many who see service of that kind as unusual because of deep selfishness that has killed our country, said "It's for the camera"... blah blah blah.
It was impossible to know who was recording what. I was there for over 3 hours. There were several professional cameramen who I could notice were recording. But hey! What cares me? The sad part was some idiots, yes, some idiots, think everyone is like them. So, of course, they insinuated it was staged. I no send. Then I found out one of the cameramen was from #PlusTv, that belonged to my friend.
Their office is right there at the junction. So expectedly they saw content. Yes. "That's Ali Baba, controlling traffic. Get the camera". They are my friends. But I have to say this. Why record it? Why didn't someone from the office, come out to help control the traffic?
That's my point.
We have all become content mongers. If the story of the Good Samaritan, happened how, many will just record the agony.

Don't get me wrong, media coverage is ok, but if you are a media house, if you can help, and there is need, drop the camera and assist.

See more; http://gistmore.com/comedian-alibaba-shares-1996-throwback-photo-carrying-road-safety-duties

Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by Gisters: 5:28am On Jun 06, 2019

Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by alonzoiv(m): 5:31am On Jun 06, 2019
He sounded pained
In this life, you can never satisfy human beings.
Just follow your conscience.
Do you best and leave the rest, people will always talk
Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by Gisters: 5:31am On Jun 06, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by alonzoiv(m): 5:34am On Jun 06, 2019
Is that Josh2funny? @ first picture? With his wide mouth?
Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by IamPatriotic(m): 5:37am On Jun 06, 2019
He's from Delta, but has lived all his life in Lagos, he should meet either of Tinubu or James Ibori, I think he has the funds to risk for House of Representatives seat. Consistency no dey for Instagram and Twitter o.
Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by Nogodye(m): 5:39am On Jun 06, 2019
Service to humanity, a great reward await.
Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by ouzo1(m): 6:53am On Jun 06, 2019
If u like show me picture Of u and Lord lugard, all I know say na political parole u dey hustle
Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by iGISTM0RE: 10:14am On Jun 06, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Comedian Alibaba Shares 1996 Throwback Photo Carrying Road Safety Duties by G1STMORE: 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2019
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Bobrisky Friend, Obialor James Finally Turns Feminine In New Video / Davido Shows Off His 6 Packs Progression After 11 Days At The Gym / Bbnaija Housemate, Mike's Wife React To Tacha Insulting And Pushing Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.