Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,767 members, 7,879,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:28 PM

Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari (12717 Views)

Pictures From Peter Obi & Datti Ahmed's Wives Town Hall Meeting With Women / Rufai Hanga: Buhari’s Government Wants To Loot The Treasury With Fuel Subsidy / Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by dre11(m): 6:31am On Jun 06, 2019
By Ismail Mudashir

President Muhammadu Buhari has explained why he entrusted the country’s treasury in the hands of women. Hosting representatives of Nigerian women on a Sallah homage at the State House,Abuja he assured that he would give more recognition to women in his new cabinet.

“I think the biggest trust any leader will entrust, whether in a household, a town or a country is to give the treasury to the women.

Since I came women are in charge of the treasury. “So, I don’t think it is the number that matters, the fundamental thing is who hold the bag. Look at the treasury and look at the civil service. Even with this, you are still asking for more. In the spirit of Oliver Twist, we will watch out the numbers,” he said.

Leading the women, the Senior Special Assitant to the President on Administration, Dr. Hajo Sani, urged Buhari to consider more women in his cabinet.

“We know you have us at the back of your heart and you know we have the women that are capable, women that have the potentials and women that will have value to your administration,” she said. Also, speaking a former deputy governor of Plateau state, Pauline Tallen prayed that God will continuously grant the president good health, day and night.

Speaking on behalf of the country’s civil servants, the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, said “ this time as we move to the next level with you, we will definitely make you proud.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-entrusted-nigerian-treasury-with-women-buhari.html

5 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by TruthNigeria(m): 6:46am On Jun 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by nairalee(m): 6:54am On Jun 06, 2019
I've severally heard that women are more prudent wit money til I gave my money to Rebbeca whose network started fluctuating shortly afterwards. Can't wait for MTN to fix their Enugu network

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by careytommy37(m): 6:54am On Jun 06, 2019
Please, shut up! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by helinues: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2019
Where is Aunty Kemi?

Forbidden from her mothersland?

10 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by Realtord43: 6:55am On Jun 06, 2019
Buhari also trusted That fraud woman Mrs kemi adeosun with our entire country money. Buhari has no foresight to select the best person for the right job.

10 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by JubrinElSudan: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2019
Shut up, were you the first to appoint a female finance minister. This man sef

9 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by Drshobz(m): 6:56am On Jun 06, 2019
another big achievement

3 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by Pavore9: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2019
“So, I don’t think it is the number that matters, the fundamental thing is who hold the bag" cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by somehow: 7:00am On Jun 06, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
And this one self wan grow

6 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 7:02am On Jun 06, 2019
cry.
Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by topedoski(m): 7:04am On Jun 06, 2019
Las las female na scam sad
Na dem worst pass

1 Like

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:05am On Jun 06, 2019
better, but not the type of women called Allison Maduaeke

1 Like

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by bukatyne(f): 7:05am On Jun 06, 2019
Mr. President,

Can we leave this gender politics and choose people (male&female) who are really capable at this point?

Perhaps when the economy has been rebuilt and only needs maintenance, we can start rationing the appointments again.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by emptor(m): 7:06am On Jun 06, 2019
ASK ALISSON AND SHE WILL TELL YOU WHAT IT MEANS TO ENTRUST MONEY(OIL MONEY)TO A WOMAN

2 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by MEGA4BILLION(m): 7:09am On Jun 06, 2019
Hmmmmmmm
"in the spirit of Oliver Twist"

1 Like

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by famouscargo4u: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2019
Realtord43:
Buhari also trusted That fraud woman Mrs kemi adeosun with our entire country money. Buhari has no foresight to select the best person for the right job.

Kemi was fit for the position. NYSC scandal doesn't rule out her competence.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by TooMuchStuff: 7:17am On Jun 06, 2019
Very simple logic...

Keep the bag with woman then send the thieves to keep stealing outta the money while pointing to the woman as another Mrs integrity
Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by faithfull18(f): 7:20am On Jun 06, 2019
Why I entrusted Nigeria's treasury to women.
Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:21am On Jun 06, 2019
bukatyne:
Mr. President,

Can we leave this gender politics and choose people (male&female) who are really capable at this point?

Perhaps when the economy has been rebuilt and only needs maintenance, we can start rationing the appointments again.

now that's a human speaking..

1 Like

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by bamasite(m): 7:21am On Jun 06, 2019
Hmmmmm.....

Wrong title
Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by aanuoluwami14(f): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2019
grin grin grin Yes ooo, we are the salt of the world cheesy cheesy Thanks Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by Bragalane: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2019
He should have trust the fat ugly shepoptamus Okonjo Iweala who depleted the treasury instead even when crude sold for over $100.

Realtord43:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by don4real18(m): 7:30am On Jun 06, 2019
Diezani

1 Like

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by contigiency(m): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2019
Realtord43:

If we had had buhari and kemi adeosun from 1999 that obasanjo came and messed up the country, we would have been far better of as a nation. unfortunately, hardly did we finish agonizing for having him, Jonathan and Okonjo Iweala came, and the rest was history.

I know for sure that Kemi and buhari managed our treasury Far better than other leaders we have had since this republic. But as people who lack focus, we treasured frivolities better than competence, courage, sound knowledge and chased that woman away. As If those who have discharged nysc certificate has been examplary. Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by SirBunky85(m): 7:35am On Jun 06, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
I hope u also tell ur dad to shut up at home?irresponsible beings littering the whole cyber space

3 Likes

Re: Why I Entrusted Nigerian Treasury With Women – Buhari by bishop4life(m): 7:41am On Jun 06, 2019
contigiency:

If we had had buhari and kemi adeosun from 1999 that obasanjo came and messed up the country, we would have been far better of as a nation. unfortunately, hardly did we finish agonizing for having him, Jonathan and Okonjo Iweala came, and the rest was history.

I know for sure that Kemi and buhari managed our treasury Far better than other leaders we have had since this republic. But as people who lack focus, we treasured frivolities better than competence, courage, sound knowledge and chased that woman away. As If those who have discharged nysc certificate has been examplary. Too bad!

This is the most idiotic comment I ever read on nairaland.

Oga never again in your life compare candle to darkness.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families / Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos / Saraki’s Trial: Kwara Monarchs Seek Buhari’s Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.