Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,221 members, 7,880,810 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:17 AM

God,Humans And AI - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God,Humans And AI (3324 Views)

The Same Breath Of Life From God Animates Both Humans And Animals / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Humans And Some Creations Are A Clone Of Satan Take It Or Leave It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God,Humans And AI by johnydon22(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
If it's not the Abrahamic god then yes. Even for the Abrahamic God, certain logical arguments may surface but they are soon shown to contradict the bible. Anyway, how does my post show the close mindedness of atheists?

I said "God" didn't specify any particular God.
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:

I said "God" didn't specify any particular God.
Okay. Depending on the definition and assigned attributes of "God," logical arguments can be made for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
Let's assume you refer to Nairaland as "beans" and I refer to Facebook as "beans," then your beans is not my beans. If we then decide to the English language as a standard then my beans is your beans regardless of the names we give to beans. grin

That's all I am trying to say. The concept is the same but the terminology defers.
We began this beans thing with definitions remember and in English Language.

Answer this, do you go around with Oxford Dictionary inside your head or do you not just make up your own beans as you go along?
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

We began this beans thing with definitions remember and in English Language.

Answer this, do you go around with Oxford Dictionary inside your head or do you not just make up your own beans as you go along?
I don't need to carry Oxford Dictionary. I am fluent and vast in English vocabulary. However, not all have a rich vocabulary to describe certain things they come across so they contrive a name for it. These names can freely be used by them or any group but the English language remains the English language and it is a defined standard of communication on it's own. Judging by English language, beans is beans.
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
I don't need to carry Oxford Dictionary. I am fluent and vast in English vocabulary. However, not all have a rich vocabulary to describe certain things they come across so they contrive a name for it. These names can freely be used by them or any group but the English language remains the English language and it is a defined standard of communication on it's own. Judging by English language, beans is beans.
You "don't need to carry Oxford Dictionary" because you are "fluent and vast in English vocabulary" and have "a rich vocabulary to describe certain thing" and the "English language remains the English language", "a defined standard of communication on it's own", regardless of the speaker, right, and the ability of the listener to comprehend and understand?
Re: God,Humans And AI by Martinez19(m): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

You "don't need to carry Oxford Dictionary" because you are "fluent and vast in English vocabulary" and have "a rich vocabulary to describe certain thing" and the "English language remains the English language", "a defined standard of communication on it's own", regardless of the speaker, right, and the ability of the listener to comprehend and understand?
English language remains the English language regardless of the speaker and the ability of the listener to comprehend and understand. However, it still doesn't mean we cannot develop our colloquial/personal system of communication and use them freely but the standard of English remains.
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 7:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
Martinez19:
English language remains the English language regardless of the speaker and the ability of the listener to comprehend and understand. However, it still doesn't mean we cannot develop our colloquial/personal system of communication and use them freely but the standard of English remains.
Read through the thread 19, and see how we misbeaned, in English Language.
Re: God,Humans And AI by hakeem4(m): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnydon22:

Your responses to this thread are easily refuted

A car is also man's design doesn't refute the notion that a humanoid robot is modelled after the image of man.

So, that a designer created something in its image doesn't mean it has to create everything else likewise.
Yes the intelligent designer created nothing in his image. So in what image of god were we created?

Dangerous to who? The designer?

Viruses isn't dangerous to the designer, so there isn't any reason for it not

We have such a thing as computer viruses which is not directly harmful to man but is also man's creation but is rather harmful to computer programs which is another of man's design.

2. There is another possible reason: It wants to create viruses and bacterias.

If you noticed the answer I gave was a reply to a question he asked concerning why god created human. I asked him what then is the purpose of bacteria and virus and why did god create them ( mind you we’ve good evolutionary reason why those organisms are useful)

Nope.

Because it quarks like a duck
Looks like a duck
Smells like a duck

Then it's possibly a duck.

I need us to fully understand the ground for each arguments, conisder them then we can easily argue them open mindedly

All human knowledge were never in isolation, most of things humans know today are built on the foundation these ancient bronze age peasants laid.
yes we stood on their shoulders and noticed almost all the things they thought about was wrong

1 Like

Re: God,Humans And AI by A001: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2021
Interesting thread.
Re: God,Humans And AI by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
hakeem4:

Yes the intelligent designer created nothing in his image. So in what image of god were we created?

If you noticed the answer I gave was a reply to a question he asked concerning why god created human. I asked him what then is the purpose of bacteria and virus and why did god create them ( mind you we’ve good evolutionary reason why those organisms are useful)

yes we stood on their shoulders and noticed almost all the things they thought about was wrong

Hello

You promised to help me with some money the other time

I will appreciate whatever amount possible
Re: God,Humans And AI by hakeem4(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Hello

You promised to help me with some money the other time

I will appreciate whatever amount possible
done
Re: God,Humans And AI by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
hakeem4:
done

Thanks

I am really grateful

But I need to know the amount sent

The account belongs to someone like a mother to me

I don't want her to be confused when I ask her for the money
Re: God,Humans And AI by budaatum: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2021
HenryDion:
I still hold that you believe in ridiculousness despite lack of evidence, and the contrary evidence. To prove me wrong, simply buttress me by disclosing the evidence that upholds your "believe".

Sadly, you can't do that either but rather, keep exhibiting your ignorance all over the thread and making yourself look dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Welcome "shakerz": The Most Incisive Muslim On Nairaland. / Prophecy about who will 2019 Election in Nigeria / Save Yourself Time, Get Your Ready Made Powerful Sermons Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.