Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,180 members, 7,887,421 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:43 AM

Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? (9575 Views)

Only The Sharpest Eyes Can Read This (POHTO) / Who Would You Stand For Among The Following People And Give Your Reasons? / Why Do Some Nairalanders Have A Serious Bias Against Those Of Us Overseas ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by bawomolo(m): 10:34pm On Sep 30, 2010
*Hauwa*:

no female on the OP list, why?? are u chauvinist?

undecided

the sharpest minds and not the sharpest cooking utensils
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2010
*Hauwa*:

no female on the OP list, why?? are u chauvinist?

undecided

who released you from the kitchen?

oya into the bedroom with you
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by mamagee3(f): 11:25pm On Sep 30, 2010
Debosky

Ajankeloko

Kobojunkie

Ibime
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Ibime(m): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2010
Mikeansy, FACE and Asha80 are missing from the list.

I do enjoy Dede1's cutting edge wit most of all.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Ibime(m): 12:25am On Oct 01, 2010
In terms of sharpest mind though, 4Play is head and shoulders above 99.9999% in terms of intellect.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by oyinda3(f): 12:33am On Oct 01, 2010
no female on the OP list, why?? are u chauvinist?:

bawomolo:

the sharpest minds and not the sharpest cooking utensils

oyb:

who released you from the kitchen?
oya into the bedroom with you

This poll is not legitimate to me just for the fact that there are like 10 nominees and not one female among them.
to add fuel to fire, read one of the nominee's comment above.
what does that say about sharp minds on nairaland?

anyways i like Tensor and Biina. Davidif, Spoilt and Chaircover should be added to the list as well.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by jaygetta(m): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2010
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by bawomolo(m): 4:09am On Oct 01, 2010
oyinda.:

no female on the OP list, why?? are u chauvinist?:

This poll is not legitimate to me just for the fact that there are like 10 nominees and not one female among them.
to add fuel to fire, read one of the nominee's comment above.
what does that say about sharp minds on nairaland?

anyways i like Tensor and Biina. Davidif, Spoilt and Chaircover should be added to the list as well.

why does a woman have to be on the list for it to be legitimate? affirmative action on NL?

gender has nothing to do with intellect
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by jaygetta(m): 4:10am On Oct 01, 2010
Why wasnt Mamagee nominated?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by damas11111(m): 4:25am On Oct 01, 2010
Gbawe and Chaircover should be nominees no doubt. And me too. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Sagamite(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2010
Jarus:

A tight one but I will go like this:
1,Ibime
2, Ajanlekoko
3, Debosky
4, Mbulela
5, Kobojunkie

Jarus, abeg, out of curiosity, can you show me a few post of Kobo that shows an exceptional intellectual contribution.

Personally, all I see is someone that ridicules the [often moronic] ideas of others but who never proffers a better alternative.

Even when openly challenged to put forth an opinion or analysis, she would refuse to do so.

Can you shatter that image I have?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by jaybee3(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2010
Does good debating skills equate to sharp mind?
What do most people on that list have in common?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Sagamite(m): 10:45am On Oct 01, 2010
jay bee:

Does good debating skills equate to sharp mind?
What do most people on that list have in common?

It surely is the best evidence for it in the context of a forum where opinions are being thrust about.

I can't vouch for everyone in the list but I think majority of those on it are good at delivering logical and objective arguments that they can back up in most of their arguments, and willing to accept same when another person puts it forth to them.

I do think though that some NLers are confusing being intelligent to having a sharp mind.

There surely are a few intelligent people on NL, but I think majority of the shapest minds are likely on that list. I don't know everyone on NL, so the poster might have missed some.

There are obviously people that take NL as a bit of fun, time-passer or joke that don't engage too intensely in debates.

Some people can not make the list though as they do take NL seriously but yet their arguments only show passion, not top intellect.

Imagine saying Dede1 and Beaf should be put in the same category as, for example, Deepsight. LWKMD  grin grin grin grin

To this:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.224.html#msg6059851

Read the debate that follows and then the inevitable outcome

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.288.html#msg6090839

Such comparison of the 2 with Deepsight is like pitching the present fastest runner from Sri Lanka against Usain Bolt.

That would be a joke as he would not even be able to compete with the 3rd fastest from Japan/Nigeria that are still a few notches below.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by jaybee3(m): 10:52am On Oct 01, 2010
I c ur point bro
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by tkb417(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2010
1 Katsumoto
2 4play
3 Ibime
4 Jarus
5 Ajanlekoko

6 saga
7 Biina
8 Deboksy
9 Beaf
10Tensor

11 Mikeansy
12 Oyb
13 Davidylan
14 dede
15 sauron

16 jaybee
17 eldee
18 duduspace
19 semid4lyfe
20 Londoner

The 20 I could remember in no particular order just that Ibime, 4play and maybe Paddy Lo stand out a bit

Add Becomrich to it
Lol

Oh oh; I missed Paddy lo on the list, he shd be somewhere there
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by psychu: 11:44am On Oct 01, 2010
Ajanlekoko!
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Hauwa1: 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2010
another one hitting the wood undecided

tkb417:

1 Katsumoto
2 4play
3 Ibime
4 Jarus
5 Ajanlekoko

6 saga
7 Biina
8 Deboksy
9 Beaf
10Tensor

11 Mikeansy
12 Oyb
13 Davidylan
14 dede
15 sauron

16 jaybee
17 eldee
18 duduspace
19 semid4lyfe
20 Londoner

The 20 I could remember in no particular order just that Ibime, 4play and maybe Paddy Lo stand out a bit

Add Becomrich to it
Lol

Oh oh; I missed Paddy lo on the list, he shd be somewhere there
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Hauwa1: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2010
exactly!! which is why he has to modify the OP
wink
bawomolo:

why does a woman have to be on the list for it to be legitimate? affirmative action on NL?

gender has nothing to do with intellect
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
omoge, you get their time?
Even one of the woman that is eligible, dem no want her.
By fire by force, KoboJ is going to be on that list angry angry
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Obiagu1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
Is it the sharpest minds or most post list you guys are putting up? Funny.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Jarus(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
I was reluctant to put up my class because of two things:
1, I wasn't sure whether he was talking about 'sharp minds in political discussions' since this is politics section or sharp minds in over all NL discussions. This distinction was necessary because some people are so averse to politics but when you see them elsewhere, you see their stuff. Ajanlekoko, for example, is not so involved in politics, and he might not have made my Top 5 if I based it on political discourse only. But at the end of the day, I assumed OP meant general NL activities.
2, I had a challenge defining 'sharp minds', but at the end of the day I interpreted it to mean a cocktail of qualities like brilliance, personality, argumentative skills, respectability,fact-based analysis etc.

Of course, my list was limited to those I come across very well. A lot of people here rate 4play and Katsumoto high, but they didn't feature in my list because I know very little about them.
That aside, somebody also mentioned factors such as seriousness, I agree some guys here are only catch fun here, that's why you don't see their 'brilliant' side. Dayokanu, for example, could be very playful but when you see him in serious discussions at times, you wonder whether it's another DK.
Ibime perfectly cuts a balance between seriousness and playfulness. Ajanlekoko is not known for frivolities. I have never even seen him use the grin emoticon before(lol).
Saga is another guy with fluid personality. I can go on and on, but without doubt, I admit there are brains on NL. Ibime predicted Intercontinental Bank crisis, with graphical analysis, far back February last year before Hurricane Sanusi swept through.
These are guys you read and feel happy NL is not just for fun, it's intellectual worth is not in doubt.
Add the Becomriches of this world to the above, and you have a good mix of fun and intellect.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Jarus(m): 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
I meant 'my list' not 'my class' in my above post, first line. I'm posting from phone, can't modify now.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by ElRazur: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2010
[b] Sigh.
The annual nairaland backside kissing contest.  So a poster with four posts makes a list "as usual" to find out who the best is?  Needless to say the obvious people (who shall remain nameless) are out backing up their own people and people who are basically on their Yahoo and Facebook friend list.  Smh.

When will people realise that this "rap competition mentality" of who is better than who, or who is king of the forum is as pointless as a comb for a bald man.

I also noted that the usual "awarder" of award around here already chipped in and in the process highlighting why this whole award thing is boyhood mentality.  Smh.  You know who you are but keep on kissing those backside. Jesus wept. [b]
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by tpiah: 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
what a joker of a thread.

as usual, people listing their favorites regardless if the people on the list actually fit the profile being discussed.

imagine jarus touted as having a sharp mind.

and we wonder why nigeria is going nowhere.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Jarus(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
ROTFLMAO @ Tpia's 'imagine Jarus being touted as a Nairalander witha sharp mind'.
Mummy, why u dey follow me go everywhere? Wetin I do u nao? Lol
Meanwhile, have u responded to my post at the other end?
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by tpiah: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
done.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by sbeezy8: 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2010
SBEEZY8
TPIAH
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by naso2(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

what a joker of a thread.

as usual, people listing their favorites regardless if the people on the list actually fit the profile being discussed.

imagine jarus touted as having a sharp mind.

and we wonder why nigeria is going nowhere.

Sure Jarus is sharp, but subtly biased
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Jarus(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2010
I agree I may be biased, but the reality is there is nobody that doesn't have his own world views, which sometimes reflect in his/her analyses and comments. I'll not shy away from that. What is equally important is to respect divergent views.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by samm(m): 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
It'll be best to start a poll, so folks can actually vote. Will be interesting to see how gets the most vote.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by tpiah: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
na_so:

Sure Jarus is sharp, but subtly biased

ogbon arekereke [IBB type] is different from proper ogbon which connotes sharpness.
Re: Which Of The Following Nairalanders Have The Sharpest Minds? by Monacopimp: 10:08am On Oct 02, 2010
The list has had names added, everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

24 Most Embarrassing Night Club Pictures / What Have You Survived This Year? / Interesting Fact And Mystery About Number 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.