Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,990 members, 7,899,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 02:14 PM

Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them (1340 Views)

Micheno Multipurpose Cooperative Society, MMCS Defrauds Calabar Customers N27bn / Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) / Sacked Female Fidelity Bank Staff Defrauds People With The Bank T-Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by Nely77(m): 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2019
Beware of these fraudsters if you are dealing on cryptocurrencies.

Someone opened a telegram group and has been using it to defraud innocent people of their hard earned monies. This guy in conjunction with his allies would pose a an escrow telegram or whatsapp platform and claim to be doing legitimate crypto business. When one of them advertises that he/she has acrypto say Bitcoin for sale and you indicate interest to buy. The group admin will come in as the escrow and send his account details. Once you pay, the one that wanted to sell will contact you privately to tell you he has just sold out the coin before your payment dropped. When you now reach the acclaimed escrow to refund you, he will tell you that he will get you another bulk seller who will sell cheaper to you. They will try to make you increase your quantity so that they would ask you to pay more and get it at cheaper rate since it is bulk sales. If you agree, your money will go.

One of the account details being used for this transaction is: Ejiro Goodness, 3132224100, First Bank.
He is one of the people that poses as the escrow. Beware. He is a criminal. I wish the police would use this his details and look for him. Catch him and make him pay for his crimes. See attached for a sample transaction he used to defraud someone today in the name of selling $50 Bitcoin to the person.

Tips: If you deal on cryptos, follow the following rules to guard against these criminals.

1. Do not transact on any platform you were added to by an unknown person. Be sure you have someone you know who has been doing transactions with a platform before you can decide to join.
2. When you join a platform, check to ensure that the real names of the participants are used and not nicknames. Genuine platforms owners would always ensure that all members show their full names.
3. If you must transact with any new platform, start small. Do not start buying large quantity immediately to avoid losing huge amount in case you are defrauded.
4. Check the history of such platform and follow them for a long time before doing any business there.

Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by Nely77(m): 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2019
These are some of there telegram profile pictures.

Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by EvagreenEditors: 3:19pm On May 05, 2020
Thank you for sharing this. I'm rather surprised that no-one commented on it.
But this is the reality.
I got added to two recently... I will share my experience below.
Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by EvagreenEditors: 3:20pm On May 05, 2020
Good morning.
I want to share this here please.
Few days ago, I found myself in two Telegram exchange groups- I didn't know who added me.
I saw their activities look so real but I kept feeling something wasn't just right.

Their mode of operation is that they have admins who serve as escrows.
So the members advertise the *bitcoin* funds at ridiculously cheap rate of 380/$ by this time.
Then the admins will show up and say something like "do not trade outside the group so you don't get scammed."

Next they will carry on with the transactions: send money to the escrow, send bitcoin and get paid.
So I began my investigative research.

First, I noticed that the escrow keeps changing the account details. I saw at least 4 different account numbers coming from one admin. That was red flag number one.

Secondly, I tried to trace all the bank account names supplied by the members online and no single trace was found.

Thirdly I contacted the admins to interact with them privately. I requested their phone numbers and spoke with one who said he lives in KADUNA. Did some check on the number but couldn't see traces either.

Next I noticed that there was a supposed *transaction conversation* on the group chat.
You know the way you chat on a group with someone. But as I followed the conversation, I noticed that the other party's responses were missing.

I suspected that they must have removed the person after scamming them.

So I put up a trade and, I'm sure they were happy thinking they have found a customer. Quickly they responded and were expecting me to carry on. Later they started private chatting me.

Today, the admin called to say there is a client who wants to sell $600 btc at 380/$. I should come to the group and pay to the escrow account to buy. He has called more than four times this morning. I stopped picking after the second call.

*Scam bursted!*

3 Likes

Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by Inkreedible: 7:02am On Nov 01, 2020
Bro mine is recent just happened yestrrday.
I got scammed and the guys name is haruna Abubakar using wema bank. As soon as I sent the money, i go removed from the group on telegram.
Please eh
I need those links to those groups , if you have any just send it to me on WhatsApp
Here is my WhatsApp number...08155693463.
We need to put an end to this
Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by adubam(m): 9:20am On Nov 01, 2020
Inkreedible:
I got scammed and the guys name is haruna Abubakar using wema bank. As soon as I sent the money, i go removed from the group on telegram.
Please eh
I need those links to those groups , if you have any just send it to me on WhatsApp

Admin front page please.
Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by Dapson73(m): 9:38am On Nov 01, 2020
Inkreedible:
Please eh

Bro I feel your pains and I think I have an advise which could help you retrieved your money within a very short period.

This is what you do, write and explain exactly what happened to the bank you sent the money to (escrow bank) with the details of the account and also your chats before you made the payment and evidence of payment.

The bank will get to him and ask him to sought the transaction between you guys amicably and if not they will flag his account and he will not be able to either withdraw or perform any transactions on the account anymore.

I can assure you if you follow due process you will get it back. I'm talking from experience.
Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by Dreyton36: 10:36am On Nov 01, 2020
There are so many legit options to trade from and no one will even go there
It's greedy people that gets scammed
Una money don gone that no vex

There's Patricia, cardtonic
I trade on card tonic and they've never disappointed me for the past 1yr
I deal with them at least thrice in a month , and i also help my friends to trade with them and transfer the cash to their acct

Try to pour your money where it's safe , don't be caught by high increase rates, that's their bait
Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by cardtonic: 9:46am On Nov 03, 2020
Dreyton36:
There are so many legit options to trade from and no one will even go there
It's greedy people that gets scammed
Una money don gone that no vex

There's Patricia, cardtonic
I trade on card tonic and they've never disappointed me for the past 1yr
I deal with them at least thrice in a month , and i also help my friends to trade with them and transfer the cash to their acct

Try to pour your money where it's safe , don't be caught by high increase rates, that's their bait

Thanks for the recommendation boss.

Trade with us on our website: https://cardtonic.com/

Or download our mobile app on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cardtonic.app

And iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cardtonic-sell-gift-cards/id1548466084

If you need help, call/whatsapp 07060502770 or send a message to support@cardtonic.com.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Group Defrauds People In The Name Of Selling Bitcoin/cryptos To Them by sleekier(m): 5:26am On Feb 24, 2021
How I wished I had seen this earlier.

I just got scammed by Nigerian Crypto Expect on telegram who has over 25000 non genuine members.

I ve been d member for months.
The admin of the group is d Escrow who request for additional #200 on each transaction. Those transactions were going on multiple time, not knowing that its all scam.

I was told to send #10,200 for d Bitcoin.

I sent it to this account First Bank 3167683251 Musa Danjuma (scam).

Immediately I sent it, they started telling me to buy their remaining Bitcoin at a cheaper rate, that was when I started seeing their foul play.

I told d Admin to refund me but he immediately blocked me.

(1) (Reply)

A Closer Look At The Arrest Of Suspected Fraudster, Mompha / Shocking!!! This Ritualist Kidnapped This Young Girl For Rituals Unfortunately / Benue Girl Dies After Being Poisoned At Her Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.