Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,994 members, 7,915,921 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 12:21 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1406981 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dwilliams707: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
Deefav:

I'm not even seeing September � what is happening?
It's saying no available appointment for me. Since June 19th

Let’s link up bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by OgogoroDegree: 2:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hello house

What are the documents to bring along while coming to the embassy for interview

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by victree007(m): 2:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
OgogoroDegree:
Hello house

What are the documents to bring along while coming to the embassy for interview

Thanks
1. International Passport
2. GTBank Visa fee receipt
3. I20
4. Confirmation of Sevis Fee (Receipt)
5. Statement of Account
6. 2 Passport photographs (sometimes not needed)
7. Confirmation of visa appointment
8. DS160 confirmation page
9. Admission letters
10. Funding letters
11. School transcript/Certificate
12. GRE Test Scores

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by exousia058: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2019
Nothing suggests denial there na. angry sad

Stevenssen:

Does this mean if you apply more than 120 days before, the embassy will hold on to your passport till they can issue the visa or are they going to deny you visa because of that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mistercharles: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
Chidon40:

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Points noted.

Regards to your first point, what do you mean by the current trade war?. How does it affect my proposed study in the US?
Huawei Vs Apple war grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amb001: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
My DS160 is for Lagos while interview booking is Abj. Hw can I change DS160 to Abj?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayinkaji(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
I applied to BGSU since last two weeks for fall, and I am yet to recieve reply. I have even mailed the grad coordinator and other POI, none replied. I am lost?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by iwriterng(m): 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
Olayinkaji:
I applied to BGSU since last two weeks for fall, and I am yet to recieve reply. I have even mailed the grad coordinator and other POI, none replied. I am lost?

Fall 2020 I believe.

If you applied for 2019, I’m afraid you’re more than late for the admission season.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayinkaji(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
iwriterng:

Fall 2020 I believe.

If you applied for 2019, I’m afraid you’re more than late for the admission season.
Yes for fall 2019 I applied on 6th August, what should be the next step now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
You applied 6th of August of which year

Olayinkaji:

Yes for fall 2019 I applied on 6th August, what should be the next step now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Zizubest: 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good evening, please help a brother. I made my F1 application payment last December and when I tried using it to schedule an appointment, it kept returning me to the same site. I contacted GTB and was told the ref/receipt number was correct and was advised to contact the embassy. I did and to my greatest surprise, I was told it has been used to schedule an appointment some months ago (April) and that the person didn't show up.
Please, anyone with similar experience can advise cos I have to book an appointment by next week. Thank you in anticipation
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayinkaji(m): 6:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
Gloryemo:
You applied 6th of August of which year
This year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stevenssen(m): 6:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
Olayinkaji:
This year
Lol. Are you a time traveler?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayinkaji(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
Stevenssen:

Lol. Are you a time traveler?
It wasn't pass the deadline when I applied then. What do you suggest I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wommack007: 6:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone. I have been a silent follower for some years now and I have gotten tremendous value out of this thread.

I would like everyone's advice for my current situation.

Background: I recently got admitted for a masters at my desired school. The school is fully covering my tuition and I also have an assistantship too. However, on my I-20, there is an outstanding of $12k for living expenses, which my sponsor will cover.

This is where the slight hiccup is.

My sponsor provided me bank statements for only 6 months, from Jan 2019 - June 2019. My visa interview is in August and school resumes in September. My sponsor is not my family member and he is very, very difficult to reach. In fact, it took the better part of a month to get the bank statements I will be using now. On the upside, though, he also gave me a letter of support. But even at that, I'm doing everything in my power to reach him for an updated bank statement.

My question: In the event that I am not able to get an update from my sponsor fast enough, and the VO asks me for my bank statements, how do I explain it not being more recent if pressed further?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 7:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
Wommack007:
Hello everyone. I have been a silent follower for some years now and I have gotten tremendous value out of this thread.

I would like everyone's advice for my current situation.

Background: I recently got admitted for a masters at my desired school. The school is fully covering my tuition and I also have an assistantship too. However, on my I-20, there is an outstanding of $12k for living expenses, which my sponsor will cover.

This is where the slight hiccup is.

My sponsor provided me bank statements for only 6 months, from Jan 2019 - June 2019. My visa interview is in August and school resumes in September. My sponsor is not my family member and he is very, very difficult to reach. In fact, it took the better part of a month to get the bank statements I will be using now. On the upside, though, he also gave me a letter of support. But even at that, I'm doing everything in my power to reach him for an updated bank statement.

My question: In the event that I am not able to get an update from my sponsor fast enough, and the VO asks me for my bank statements, how do I explain it not being more recent if pressed further?

In this case, no need to explain... present what you have when asked. if they need an updated statement of account, they will put you on Administrative processing and ask you to send it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wommack007: 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
Olayinkaji:

It wasn't pass the deadline when I applied then. What do you suggest I do?

I think you must mean July 6, right? In any case, I think it's already late. Even if you are somehow able to get the admission, what of funding, etc? My advice would be to plan towards Jan 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by biikeys(m): 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
graduatestudent:
Interview Date: 10th July
Time: 6:45am

School: Fordham University, NY
Program: Master of Science in Marketing Intelligence
Funding: $20k
Deficit: $73K (including living expenses, dependent expenses and health insurance)

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry as my AP wasn't like all others I have seen. He didn't say they were going to verify any documents or give me any other slip besides the AP letter. Nothing about the information other VOs have given to students. I couldn't even explain to my son what the verdict was.

Fast forward to this morning, I tracked my visa status and both visas have been issued.

I don't know how this transcript will help, because the interview didn't really focus on my going as a student for the later part which was quite perplexing. I give Glory to God for all he has done and a big thank you to everyone on this forum for sharing as much as they can to help others. The people who were on AP and came back to confirm their visas were issued gave me hope even though my scenario was different.

Good luck to everyone still in the process!

$73k deficit shocked

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Wommack007: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Time2win:

In this case, no need to explain... present what you have when asked. if they need an updated statement of account, they will put you on Administrative processing and ask you to send it.

Thank you, bro

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Gloryemo(f): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
We are not yet in August. How come you paid Aug 6

Olayinkaji:

This year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
Gloryemo:

We are not yet in August. How come you paid Aug 6

Sorry my mistake, I applied June I mean. JUNE. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE FROM MG PART. I applied June
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
Wommack007:

I think you must mean July 6, right? In any case, I think it's already late. Even if you are somehow able to get the admission, what of funding, etc? My advice would be to plan towards Jan 2020
My mistake, I applied June, early June...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delaztyx: 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hey leospace man...I sent you a mail..kindly check and revert.Thanks
leospaceman:

I was given the white paper and was told they were going to run a check on the account. They called the Account Officer the day after my interview and called the owner of the account (my sister) 2 days later. When I track my passport, it says 'Your passport is still with the embassy'.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
I was counting wrongly
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Delux4luv: 7:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone. Does anyone have experience replacing a stolen F1 visa? How long does it take to be ready for pick up after approval at the interview? Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
Na so...

Congratulations.

Obyknow:
Visa approved at Lagos consulate today
Really appreciate all of you who comment here,you guys rock.Keep up the good work!!

All VOs today were male,not sure of window 1 cos it wasn't in my line of sight
Was praying not to be interviewed by the white guy in window 3,Oga was drilling applicant hard and still issuing pink paper

Alas na him hand i enter oo shocked

VO:Good morning,pass me your documents
Me:Good morning sir
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: Am going for my master degree in Chemical Engineering at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
VO:What branch of Chemical Engineering interests you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 8:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
This is a good piece.

Abeg @fairheart i wanna be your sister and friend and brother and tag-along... cheesy

fairheart:
The F1 approval rate will remain higher and steady until the new change come into effect. The number of B1/B2 visa the embassy issue has been slashed significantly due to Nigerians who abuse this visa. I am suspecting the US still want to maintain their overall target, hence, F1 visa rate will increase...at least, for now.
If you have been refused, learn the lesson and pursue again. A few days ago, we saw someone who got it at 6th attempt. You have been refused once or twice, and you're saying life is hard and unfair. You no know before?

For prospects, get your things right!
I continue to say it, avoid community colleges if you're looking at studying your first degree in the US. For people aspiring for advanced knowledge in their desire field, do go for Masters or Phd. Second degree is not advisable. Having another MS is great!

You will not achieve much in this life if you're not focus and willing to pay the price required for academic and career advancement. Not just the monetary aspect of the price but in terms of effort, quality time, and confidence you're willing to invest. If going to the US matters to you, focus on that and do it timely. I am now advising, it is not a crime to try top universities in the US. Na students wey get head like you dey go there. But don't let top schools gets into your head. It doesn't guarantee your success in life. I speak to the wise only!

You cannot succeed in life if you think you sabi it all. I have seen students with vain pride and ego on this forum. They don't know, but they will not ask questions. Once they mess up the application, they would then start asking useless questions. You dey do yourself!
What you don't know cannot help you; but what you know is useful only when you use it. Again, I speak to the wise only. If you don't understand something, ask questions.

The reason Oluwaseun Osewa created Nairaland is not because he wanted to make money, although that's part of the plan; the underlying reason is because he wanted Nigerians to share information in a way that would make two heads better than one. Have a partner in this journey; make a brother; make a sister, and make a friend. I call these people, a partner in F1 adventure. ASK QUESTIONs, but intelligent and reasonable questions.

Spring Prospects, start your application now. Carpe diem.
God bless!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
Tohajan:
APPRECIATION DIARY

Visa approved this morning
Lagos Consulate
8am
Program: MPH

First of all, Alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah) for making this a success. Honestly, my responses were nowhere near perfect. As a matter of fact, it still feels like a dream.

My mentor, Rasulullah (peace and blessings forever be upon him) taught me, "whoever does not appreciate fellow man, will never be able to appreciate God".

My appreciation goes to the following for being a part of my success story:

@Mudicua
Thanks for reviewing my proposed transcript here. Your suggestions worked in no small measure. I really appreciate. Wish you success in your career.

@Shawarma
Queen of queens. This lady and her humorous sense ehn! I hope you remember this line: I wish you all the best and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. You were the one pursuing me upandan with your transcript grin
Well, you didn't hurt my feelings in any way. I asked for unalloyed review of my transcript, and you gave just that. I really appreciate because your comments made me return to my drawing table. Wish you success in all your endeavors.

Lastly, but not in anyway the least,
@fairheart
This King of Queen Shawarma... Hmm... I don't even know where or how to start appreciating you. Like it's usually said in my local parlance, "tí mo bá ní kí n ṣe àdúrà, epe má jabọ́".
What a down-to-earth man you are! I really appreciate your efforts and words of encouragement. May you continue to soar higher and higher in life. Thank you a trillion times.

Finally, my NL people. Thanks for everything. Your comments, answers to questions, etc have really been helpful. May we all continue to break grounds in our future endeavors!

To those with upcoming interviews, I wish you a seamless experience with positive outcome.

Will drop my transcript once I get my passport.

Cheers!
Congratulations!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mudicua: 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yayyyyy...
I am so so happy for you.
I am glad your visa was approved...

Congratulations once again.
May God bless your new venture into the land of the free and home of the brave!!

Tohajan:
APPRECIATION DIARY

Lagos Consulate
8am

First of all, Alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah) for making this a success. Honestly, my responses were nowhere near perfect. As a matter of fact, it still feels like a dream.

My mentor, Rasulullah (peace and blessings forever be upon him) taught me, "whoever does not appreciate fellow man, will never be able to appreciate God".

@Mudicua
Thanks for reviewing my proposed transcript here. Your suggestions worked in no small measure. I really appreciate. Wish you success in your career.

@Shawarma
Queen of queens. This lady and her humorous sense ehn! I hope you remember this line: I wish you all the best and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. You were the one pursuing me upandan with your transcript grin
Well, you didn't hurt my feelings in any way. I asked for unalloyed review of my transcript, and you gave just that. I really appreciate because your comments made me return to my drawing table. Wish you success in all your endeavors.

@fairheart
This King of Queen Shawarma... Hmm... I don't even know where or how to start appreciating you. Like it's usually said in my local parlance, "tí mo bá ní kí n ṣe àdúrà, epe má jabọ́".
What a down-to-earth man you are! I really appreciate your efforts and words of encouragement. May you continue to soar higher and higher in life. Thank you a trillion times.

Finally, my NL people. Thanks for everything. Your comments, answers to questions, etc have really been helpful. May we all continue to break grounds in our future endeavors!

To those with upcoming interviews, I wish you a seamless experience with positive outcome.

Cheers!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by clapper04: 8:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
Obyknow:
Visa approved at Lagos consulate today
Really appreciate all of you who comment here,you guys rock.Keep up the good work!!

All VOs today were male,not sure of window 1 cos it wasn't in my line of sight
Was praying not to be interviewed by the white guy in window 3,Oga was drilling applicant hard and still issuing pink paper

Alas na him hand i enter oo shocked

VO:Good morning,pass me your documents
Me:Good morning sir
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: Am going for my master degree in Chemical Engineering at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
VO:What branch of Chemical Engineering interests you
Me: (Was not expecting this question so fast) Am interested in Hydrocarbon processing and Conversion
VO:What's the application of this
Me:This process is used in Oil refineries.I would be learning how to design processes or modify already existing processes in Nigeria oil refineries which are subsidiaries of NNPC(said this in full),this...(cut off)
VO:Do you work in NNPC
Me:No
VO:Oh you pursing this degree to work in NNPC?
Me:Yes
VO:Why this School
Me:Aside from the assistantship I received,i choose the school because of the ongoing research on Hydrocarbon processing and Conversion by Prof Basha,he offered me a research opportunity,i accepted because it aligns with my research interest,i also chose the school because of the school curriculum,i ts.....(cuts me off)
VO: (Quickly checks my i2O),Oh you have a support from the department
VO:Tell me about this assitantship?
Me:It's a Research assistantship,i would be joining prof Basha research team.I would be setting the lab,carrying out experiments and gathering/analyzing data(VO nods)
VO:Did you take the GRE?
VO:what did you score?
Me:310(VO nods)
VO: Who's paying for the rest
Me:My mum
VO:Any statement?
I passed it,glances through it and returns it
VO:Have ur mum been to the US?
VO:Have u travelled out out of Nigeria before?
VO:Any siblings?
Me: Yes
VO: (passes white paper)Congratulations your visa has been approved,pick it up in 3 working days
Congratulations. May God bless your new journey.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
I don't know if I should laugh or cry, this is just so beautiful. I'm glad you got the help you needed. God bless you grin

Tohajan:
APPRECIATION DIARY

Lagos Consulate
8am

@Mudicua

@Shawarma

@fairheart

Cheers!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.