Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,340 members, 7,881,252 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1389831 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by alexohams2000(m): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
Approved2019:
Hi again house

I have another question. For the questions "How many schools did you apply to" and "Which schools?" Is there a way for the VO to verify how many and which schools I applied to?

I applied to only one school, but I don't know if this will put the VO off.

I really get shocked when I hear people say they applied to JUST ONE school, like really? In truth that shows no seriousness.

For your question, just say the truth brother. You applied to one school and that is it.

However, if I were you, I would just through in like two more applications JUST to say "I began applying to three, schools, but couldn't complete the rest after I got my admission in fffff hence fffff was the best ...among the three". Then, be prepared to also answer why it is your favorite of the three. This is better than telling lies.

In my case, I applied to about 5 schools and had about 3 incomplete applications, I said exactly that and was good to go.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sharwama(f): 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
fairheart:
sharwama, I cannot count how many applicants you have referred to me. They always point to you, "she said I should contact you, that she's too busy." I know that type of busyness. It's the one you're pelted with another assignment before you finish the one on your table. But it's the only kind of proper education young minds need to rise and develop their nascent potentials. I trust you're doing fine and getting by with good grades.

Still your King, Fairheart grin grin
Hehehehe, I am so glad you understand. I have been awake for two straight nights, doing homework, grading papers, studying for exams and doing lab experiments. It's crazy and so so different.
Yet, it is nice to be here. I saw snow for the first time yesterday, it was beautifully cold, I just wanted to put it in my mouth grin grin grin
Goodluck to all those planning to come over, success in your interviews.
Winter is upon us.
May the force be with you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omolade1998: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2019
ajanijudah:

$350 and what is the problem you are having.

I want to fill my ds-160 form but am yet to collect my i-20 how can I go about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
I have been trying to upload passport on DS 160 site , everything about the passport looks great but it keeps saying illumination poor. I have done everything possible but not working, I’m exhausted

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ajanijudah(m): 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Deegayes:
I have been trying to upload passport on DS 160 site , everything about the passport looks great but it keeps saying illumination poor. I have done everything possible but not working, I’m exhausted

Illuminate the photo, make it brighter, you might wanna use the help of a professional.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Approved2019: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
alexohams2000:

I really get shocked when I hear people say they applied to JUST ONE school, like really? In truth that shows no seriousness.

For your question, just say the truth brother. You applied to one school and that is it.

However, if I were you, I would just through in like two more applications JUST to say "I began applying to three, schools, but couldn't complete the rest after I got my admission in fffff hence fffff was the best ...among the three". Then, be prepared to also answer why it is your favorite of the three. This is better than telling lies.

In my case, I applied to about 5 schools and had about 3 incomplete applications, I said exactly that and was good to go.

Thanks for your honest opinion, Sir. I applied to the only university I really wanted to go to, and I was granted admission pretty fast. I'm not unserious, but I do see how the VO will not be happy be that.

I just wanted to know if it's possible to lie about it, and if the VO has a way to verify that information. My interview is in a few weeks, and I'm preparing hard.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ajanijudah(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2019
Omolade1998:

I want to fill my ds-160 form but am yet to collect my i-20 how can I go about it

You can actually submit without receiving the i20, however i won't recommend that,coz you might be surprised that upon receiving it, it contains informations you are not aware of before, especially in terms of major or concentration for your course.
Good luck anyways
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2019
alexohams2000:

The number of schools you applied to doesn't have anything to do with how serious you are or not, Alot can begin an application and not finish it, that's pretty means you didn't apply to the school. I applied to a school coz it suited me, they offered what I wanted to study shikena...If the vo wants to grant a visa he or she would and the number of schools you applied to wouldn't even be a debatable question.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dhrogbar9: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
In as much as it is advisable to apply to more than one school to determine the level of your seriousness by the VO...I still believe everything solely depends on luck. I applied to one school and my visa was softly approved. If you still have more time to apply to another school before having your interview, kindly do and tell the VO that you're still waiting for their response.
This visa of a thing is not about the credentials you have or how well you have prepared for the interview. Please remain calm and don't talk too much to prove a point during your interview. Pray for God's will to be done if you believe in Him. I wish you nothing but success.
Approved2019:
Hi again house

I have another question. For the questions "How many schools did you apply to" and "Which schools?" Is there a way for the VO to verify how many and which schools I applied to?

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2019
Approved2019:

Thanks for your honest opinion, Sir. I applied to the only university I really wanted to go to, and I was granted admission pretty fast. I'm not unserious, but I do see how the VO will not be happy be that.

I just wanted to know if it's possible to lie about it, and if the VO has a way to verify that information. My interview is in a few weeks, and I'm preparing hard.
Lol...This is not a topic, you applied to a school, they offered what you wanted, the tuition fee looked affordable to you, you felt the school's environment would suit your learning...they offered you an admission, lobatan....If you like apply to the best schools 0-50 if the vo doesn't feel convinced in what way he or she wants, he or she won't grant the Visa and I bet the number of schools you applied to is not one of the conditions to granting a Visa. I applied to one school and they only question was 'Why just one" Bleep uni offered what I wanted lobatan..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Deegayes: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
Thanks , solved it few mins after that. It was until I almost turned myself to ghost before it worked oooo
ajanijudah:

Illuminate the photo, make it brighter, you might wanna use the help of a professional.
Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gaviria: 10:42pm On Nov 13, 2019
It's been awhile i came on here. I just remembered this platform and logged in. I am sorry to say this but your reason for choosing that course is why you got denied. It's not rocket science, sounds like a lot of bull. I am sorry if it sounded harsh but people need to think and be constructive when giving a reason for choosing the school or course because you know that question will definitely be asked.
NewHeaven3:
At Lagos embassy this morning I encountered a long queue
I was interviewed by a Young Man in Windows 3, The Slim guy that looked like Harry Kane of Tottenham.
V O: Good morning
Me :Good morning and how was your night?
V O:Not bad
Why going to the US?
Me: I'm going to Minnesota State University
Moorhead For My Bsc in Biomedical Science
V O:How many schools did you apply
Me:3, MSUM, Concord University West Virginia and University of Central Arkansas
V O:Why this Course
Me: Studying this Course will equip me with the Knowledge and Research of the Pathogenesis of The health issues in my State As well the skills in researching Novel treatment.
Also with an increasing demand for Professionals in this Field in my State, acquiring the recent Methodologies and Research skills from this course will make me Valuable and Qualified for a position in the State Ministry of health, and contribute in researching solutions to these Health issues.
V O:types for some time and issued me the pink paper.
Nothing again was asked just these, no documents.

I applied to more than 3 schools but I just told him 3

This is my second time of applying after I deferred my admission to Spring
I'm thinking of reapplying again but I'm short of funds coz I recently lost my job
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gaviria: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
Noone will know how many schools you applied to. You just have to be confident in the one school you applied to. I applied to just 1 school a couple of years ago, but i had all my facts right and gathered in regards to that school. The interviewer asked how many schools i applied to and i said 3. I'm not asking you to lie, i'm just saying the VO only knows what you tell them most of the time.
Approved2019:
Hi again house

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by alexohams2000(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
gaviria:
Noone will know how many schools you applied to. You just have to be confident in the one school you applied to. I applied to just 1 school a couple of years ago, but i had all my facts right and gathered in regards to that school. The interviewer asked how many schools i applied to and i said 3. I'm not asking you to lie, i'm just saying the VO only knows what you tell them most of the time.

You got it all right until you said "...the VO only knows what you tell them..." I would rather say, the VO knows everything they wanna know, except they don't wanna dig it. Before my visa was granted, I was placed on AP for over three weeks. I tell you man, those guys dug up and confirmed all the info I gave. Amazingly, I applied abroad but the investigations went to as far as Nigeria.

My advice to Approved2019: is, you have the time to just throw in applications to just any school for records. Ask yourself, if it completely doesn't matter, why would those that applied to just one school lie to VO they applied to more? Now, it is very easy for a VO to find out you are telling lies, if he is so bent on digging you. It just takes a call to the said schools to know if there's an application in your name and boom, you are in soup. Don't ever presume. We aren't all lucky. Finally, stand on the truth and do what you think is right.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
alexohams2000:

You got it all right until you said "...the VO only knows what you tell them..." I would rather say, the VO knows everything they wanna know, except they don't wanna dig it. Before my visa was granted, I was placed on AP for over three weeks. I tell you man, those guys dug up and confirmed all the info I gave. Amazingly, I applied abroad but the investigations went to as far as Nigeria.

My advice to Approved2019: is, you have the time to just throw in applications to just any school for records. Ask yourself, if it completely doesn't matter, why would those that applied to just one school lie to VO they applied to more? Now, it is very easy for a VO to find out you are telling lies, if he is so bent on digging you. It just takes a call to the said schools to know if there's an application in your name and boom, you are in soup. Don't ever presume. We aren't all lucky. Finally, stand on the truth and do what you think is right.

Data protection laws ... Vo are not above that smiley but I hear you and support doing the right thing always

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by alexohams2000(m): 12:38am On Nov 14, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Data protection laws ... Vo are not above that smiley but I hear you and support doing the right thing always

I understand your position, but I am sure you also signed that part that gave away that exclusive right at the end of your application or maybe this is applicable to only the schools I applied to. Embassy WILL verify your info when they want that. Thanks for still telling him to do the right thing anyways
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Oasishavenng: 2:40am On Nov 14, 2019
gaviria:

Until they ask the name of the school and you say Columbia University without GRE and the V.O bounces you. Now you isn't referring to you but people that will take your advise. Say the truth

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Approved2019: 3:23am On Nov 14, 2019
Thank you so much Oasishavenng, alexohams2000, LagosismyHome, gaviria, Swerveking14, and dhrogbar9 for your insightful inputs. It has helped me greatly, as well as other silent readers that find themselves in the same conundrum.

I agree that it is not wise to lie to a VO, especially about matters that they can easily verify. I think it is already too late to apply for more universities, so I will do my best to put together smart answers to the questions: "Why did you not apply to other schools?" and "Why did you apply only to this school?"

I hope you'll help me review my answer to this, and other questions, when I post my proposed transcript soon. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TWoods(m): 8:19am On Nov 14, 2019
LagosismyHome:

The embassy has a right to verify all the information provided when seeking an immigration benefit. US organizations are obliged to comply.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tiptoe1: 8:22am On Nov 14, 2019
Hello good morning. Please I'd love to ask a question here. My cousin applied for an undergraduate program to 3 schools and 2 schools accepted her but her dream school which is the third school took long to reply back, she was given 50% scholarship in those two schools so she went ahead and book an appointment for December last week.

Just this morning, I got a call from her mom saying the third school accepted her on Tuesday with her i-20 on the way and she was also given a full scholarship.

I know it's possible to create another ds-160 and update and university zip code and university name in the appointment page to this new school. But I want to know if it's still possible because the last time I saw someone did it in this thread was back in 2013.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by mvem(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2019
How much currently is GRE exam?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abby190(f): 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hello everyone, I applied to 2 different California State Universities for my Masters in Public Health and my I-20 is on the way please hope choosing only California State Universities will not be a problem during my interview. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Etherealbeing: 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
tiptoe1:
Hello good morning. Please I'd love to ask a question here. My cousin applied for an undergraduate program to 3 schools and 2 schools accepted her but her dream school which is the third school took long to reply back, she was given 50% scholarship in those two schools so she went ahead and book an appointment for December last week.

Just this morning, I got a call from her mom saying the third school accepted her on Tuesday with her i-20 on the way and she was also given a full scholarship.

I know it's possible to create another ds-160 and update and university zip code and university name in the appointment page to this new school. But I want to know if it's still possible because the last time I saw someone did it in this thread was back in 2013.

Yes, it is possible. She still has time to resubmit her DS160 but she might have to cancel the appointment and reschedule(I think this is only allowed once)
Do you mind sharing the names of the schools she got scholarships to, her SAT score and gpa?.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2019
She should do WES evaluation and she will be fine.

Ashirioluwa:
Please I need more info....
I want to know if my sister can use HND degree to apply for MS degree in USA.
She has HND degree (upper) in Statistics
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by N2B2: 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
tiptoe1:

Yes. She can create another DS-160 and update her profile on us travel docs.

solihp:

Create a new DS160 from your old one, enter your old form number and if asked if you want to create another one, say yes(I have forgotten the exact word), then after filling a new form, update your new number on the visa page, print another appointment confirmation page. Ensure this is done at least 3 days to your interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by gaviria: 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
You're just trying to be "smart". Why would you say Columbia University in the first place? There are alot of schools in America, and besides you can apply to Columbia even if you don't write GRE, the only thing that'll happen is they'll deny your application and you can then say you applied there. I understood your point but try not to be sleek next time.
Oasishavenng:

Until they ask the name of the school and you say Columbia University without GRE and the V.O bounces you. Now you isn't referring to you but people that will take your advise. Say the truth
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amore1: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
Please I need some school in USA that didn't request for any international exam.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Memerazzy: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
Pls what is germs? I Read a transcript where the vo asked if he did germs? Nd he answered yes so I am confused as to wt germs means
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amore1: 4:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
I need help about Campbell university USA, anybody with genuine information should help me out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (779)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.