Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,877 members, 7,876,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1387710 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amazingoreofe: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2020
Please does anyone have information about South Dakota State University?
Very urgent pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2020
NikeMi1:
Please please and please are there any undergraduate scholarships available in the US if I get a high score in SAT?

If Yes,please can someone give me information about them

Thanks�

There are several full-ride scholarship opportunity for undergraduate students. The first step and your priority right now should be conquering the SAT. FULL-RIDE SCHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN US
Use the bold line as search string on Google. You'll find several other schools. Mention me or post on this thread two days after your SAT exam.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mirahkle: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Please, anyone going to the University of Louisville, Kentucky this fall?
Let's get to know ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by westernbond: 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2020
Is your school resuming in August/September or when.
I will advise you to proceed and choose a date around first week of August,
hopefully everything about Covid and opening of the Embassy would have easen up.

I will advise you to prepare very well for the interview questions and right answers.

Just in case, apart from your own preparation, we can assist you prepare good answers to all the major 15/20 questions you might be asked.
We are experienced travel/tourism firm with enough experience in study visa application.

WesternBond Travels & Tourism Promotions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by megapixels: 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
Mirahkle:
Please, anyone going to the University of Louisville, Kentucky this fall?
Let's get to know ourselves
Which program?Still expecting my admit
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by stylodesta: 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFbTlpSsRH4

Has anyone come across this�?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LavandeAMB: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
Hello Sharonte!
I sent you an email. I'm so sorry, I don't know how the platform works because I new here. I sent a message just because I think we might me meeting each other soon at WIU! Yes, I'm being really positive.

Any other person going to WIU should please get in touch. My mail is very much active.
Thank you
Sharonte:
Good evening guys please I need an advise.
Got a 3k international commitment scholarship and 4k housing scholarship out of 23k, with possible offer of GA and tuition waiver in the later at WIU.

Also got i20 and admission letter, I have seen people pay for embassy interview despite the closure of the embassy. Is it advisable to go ahead with my interview with this offer or defer? secondly, for those who paid, were dates given and what dates were available.

Thanks gurus for your candid advice.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
Justochi:

You do not need to fill another DS160 to switch your appointment venue provided your DS160 is alright. I interacted with a Consular who told me that. Just choose Abuja on the schedule appointment page. As for me, I will wait for Lagos because there is plan to consider F1 visa applicants as priority whenever they commence. This information was contained in the e-mail I received from them when I made the inquiry.
Best.

Please what email did you send your enquiries to?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4hranc: 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2020
Okis2kool:

This Is a very details response to critical interview question but I will advice also to be very concise with information. So that you nail it short.

It a goal still. Congratulations
Thank you very much for the encouragement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mirahkle: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2020
megapixels:

I am going in for Chemistry (PhD).
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mirahkle: 8:24am On Jun 12, 2020
megapixels:

I pray you get your admission soon, with funding oh....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Jubrilx3: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2020
Hello, a friend of mine needs advice from the gurus, 4years ago he wrote on his Ds160 that his mum will be his sponsor, now he decides to choose his uncle, say the uncle want to sponsor him. And his uncle statement is boyyant

Is it not contradicting ? Any advice please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2020
No! It is acceptable!
Jubrilx3:
Hello, a friend of mine needs advice from the gurus, 4years ago he wrote on his Ds160 that his mum will be his sponsor, now he decides to choose his uncle, say the uncle want to sponsor him. And his uncle statement is boyyant

Is it not contradicting ? Any advice please

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by afeezzezo: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2020
LavandeAMB:
Hello Sharonte!
I sent you an email. I'm so sorry, I don't know how the platform works because I new here. I sent a message just because I think we might me meeting each other soon at WIU! Yes, I'm being really positive.

Any other person going to WIU should please get in touch. My mail is very much active.
Thank you

Hello boss, kindly check your mail, i sent you message.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by afeezzezo: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2020
Sharonte:
Good evening guys please I need an advise.
Got a 3k international commitment scholarship and 4k housing scholarship out of 23k, with possible offer of GA and tuition waiver in the later at WIU.

Also got i20 and admission letter, I have seen people pay for embassy interview despite the closure of the embassy. Is it advisable to go ahead with my interview with this offer or defer? secondly, for those who paid, were dates given and what dates were available.

Thanks gurus for your candid advice.

Hello sharon, please kindly check your mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by emmaroland: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
rotexxxx24:
Good day people

Please is there anybody on this platform that got both admission and funding to study at NCAT this fall 2020.

Let's connect, please

Thanks

Dm me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temitayokehinde: 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thanks for sharing

pompeiimagnus:
Felt like sharing my experience here since it might benefit intending MS students in the future. I just began my summer internship with an amazing solar energy company in CA, though due to Corona I'm working remotely from TX. My BS was in Industrial Eng, currently on my MS in Mech Eng, now I'm working as a project engineer intern in the development of an off-grid solar project. Some key points I'll like to share are:

1. Try to build a diverse skillset so you can have opportunities in other related disciplines as you can see from my profile. Engineers and IT folks have the edge here due to our training. Corona has shown that any job one can't perform remotely will always be impacted by economic downturns. So try to gain as much IT skills as you can during your MS and select your electives wisely.

2. Keep track of projects (coding, CAD, research, etc) you have done at school, work, or personally. You never can tell when they'd come in handy. In my zoom interview, I impressed my boss by presenting a 5slide PowerPoint which I had prepared about my undergrad solar project. I've also used this project in my scholarship applications to NSBE which I luckily won, and SHPE which I'm hoping to win. When attending career fairs, create one page pictorial illustrations of these projects and take them along with your resume. At my school's career fair this spring, when I showed the recruiter a picture of the project, she told me to expect a call from her because the company was working on something similar.

3. Don't miss any opportunity to meet recruiters and hiring managers at career fairs at your University or conventions by NSBE, SHPE & SWE. It gives you a foot in the door than when you simply apply online. Also brace yourself for rejections, it's nothing personal and I have received tons of regret mails. I only needed one Yes, but I had to earn it.

4. Socialize with Americans as much as you can especially by attending campus events. College students are very social and will warm up to you as far as you are focused, independent and likeable. My conversational skills and confidence have really improved from this. Also, you'd be surprised that you can learn a lot from undergrad students who look up to you as a TA/RA.

Lastly, never ever give up! Focus on what you can control and leave the rest to God. Best wishes to y'all.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temitayokehinde: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hello,
If you just get admission offer for Spring 2021 (MS Environmental Science) in University of New Haven or you are there already, dm me please.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paultaiwo101: 7:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Good day everyone, i got admitted to pursue M.sc., Accounting at the University of New Mexico, USA just two days ago, i'm currently processing my Form I-20, please what is the next step after the Form I-20 from my intended school. I'm to resume studies by August/September for the Fall 2020 admissions. Would it be wise to go ahead with Visa processing as the US Embassy is currently not operating. Many thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Someone said his professor withdrew his funding, I think due to his inability to start this fall as a result of COVID-19. Is it possible that funded student who were supposed to start this fall but could not as a result of embassy not opening for visa, may lose their funding?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rotexxxx24: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
okay boss
emmaroland:

Dm me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Predstan: 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
Paragontek:
Someone said his professor withdrew his funding, I think due to his inability to start this fall as a result of COVID-19. Is it possible that funded student who were supposed to start this fall but could not as a result of embassy not opening for visa, may lose their funding?

That will differ from school to school and sometimes profile of the funded student. If you have funding and cant report to school in August, just talk to your graduate coordinator and see if they can defer your funding till the spring semester of 2021.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Perotti: 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hello folks in the US, Please does anyone know when the Nigerian embassy in DC will be re-opening? I want to renew my International Passport ASAP and urgently. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by oluezekiel(m): 12:53am On Jun 13, 2020
It would be better you complete the online application and make the payment. I believe the date you'd be given for biometrics capturing would tell you when the consulate would open. Presently, only Atlanta and D.C. consulates are issuing passport.
A friend was given a date in late August after making the payment.

Best of luck.

Perotti:
Hello folks in the US, Please does anyone know when the Nigerian embassy in DC will be re-opening? I want to renew my International Passport ASAP and urgently. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by olasubomy: 3:17am On Jun 13, 2020
Dears, I would like to ask (1) Please does anyone have an idea when the US Embassy in Lagos would likely open for those of use intending to resume for the fall 2020 semester (2) Also, in preparing for the F1 Visa interview, i do not want my company to be in the know of what i am planning so, i intend to get a letter from my dad's friend company (indicating they are sending me on study leave) to present at the interview i.e i tell the visa officer i am currently working in my dad's friend company and present a letter to that effect. What do you guys think? (3) I did not write the GRE/GMAT. I was granted a waiver. How do i ace the question if i am asked if i took the GRE?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sammiel: 6:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Wow.. Nice one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 6:56am On Jun 13, 2020
Predstan:

That will differ from school to school and sometimes profile of the funded student. If you have funding and cant report to school in August, just talk to your graduate coordinator and see if they can defer your funding till the spring semester of 2021.

What if the person had deferred from summer to fall... And still couldn't make it for fall resumption?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chacha22: 8:14am On Jun 13, 2020
Please is anyone here encountering any problem filling the Ds160 form , or is it just me. The page has refused to load for days now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 9:35am On Jun 13, 2020
That's great. Is it very cold in Wisconsin? How is the weather? I am eyeing one school around there UW-La Crosse for biological sciences program

Chemical2:

I currently attend UW-Madison.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Princekenuk: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2020
Is there anyone here presently schooling at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ikjosh04: 11:43am On Jun 13, 2020
fairheart:

There are several full-ride scholarship opportunity for undergraduate students. The first step and your priority right now should be conquering the SAT. FULL-RIDE SCHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN US
Use the bold line as search string on Google. You'll find several other schools. Mention me or post on this thread two days after your SAT exam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (779)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.