Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,868 members, 7,889,907 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1057045 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:28am On Jul 10, 2019
Leave7777:
Hello Guys, so I got a passport request and it's been about a month now and I just got information about procedure failure.

I have to respond and it's due to fraudulent bank statement. I got an agent who told me he could help with bank statement..I did everything myself but the bank statement was just given to me and the letter of sponsorship by the agent. I need help on what to do.. need to respond to the mail.

cry cry cry
Did you state in your app that you used an agent (did you fill the "use a representative form"wink? If not then be expecting a ban from CIC(most likely 5 years)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
U can't act ignorant of the fact u knew the statement was fraudulent and I think u no the consequences already so deal with it, it's better to tell the truth and be rejected than to be recognized as a fraud, u made ur bed so lie on it

You need to drink water and calm down.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 10, 2019
Someone should reply me please
jessyeve:
Please can someone email sample of family tree... I submitted an application with third party bank statement without showing the family tree or the person's source of income but it's a lump deposit since 2017,the account balance is 17mil and it's in Money market, do u suggest I send a Web form to give the remaining information or leave it like that, I already paid 51% of the fee,one yr program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2019
Leave7777:
Hello Guys, so I got a passport request and it's been about a month now and I just got information about procedure failure.

I have to respond and it's due to fraudulent bank statement. I got an agent who told me he could help with bank statement..I did everything myself but the bank statement was just given to me and the letter of sponsorship by the agent. I need help on what to do.. need to respond to the mail.

cry cry cry
He helped you with bank statement and letter of sponsorship and you didn’t verify the owner? You went ahead to use it like that. Common, there is no excuse now because you are aware. Well, truth is the only ground you can stand upon. Just tell them what happened.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
Please can someone email sample of family tree... I submitted an application with third party bank statement without showing the family tree or the person's source of income but it's a lump deposit since 2017,the account balance is 17mil and it's in Money market, do u suggest I send a Web form to give the remaining information or leave it like that, I already paid 51% of the fee,one yr program.
Use the web form or send it via email to CIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2019
cheesy grin I just hate it when some people negligence make Nigeria visa more difficult, that's all.
Naijaforeigner:

You need to drink water and calm down.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 11:32am On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
Because he or she isn't a baby, he should have verified something as sensitive as that

We all know that but drink water and calm down...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 11:35am On Jul 10, 2019
Aaron321:

How did you know he or she knew it was fraudulent...Could u be more polite in delivering your advice.. I won't tag this as an advice sef.. the person asked for wat to do, not to sound harsh... I dont like this..

How can someone give you bank statements and a letter without verifying? Is the person related to you? He is an agent remember and those people would do anything just to get their money. She ought to have verified. She’s supposed to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 11:35am On Jul 10, 2019
Leave7777:

cry cry cry

You need to remain calm. Worrying, lamenting or panicking solves nothing. I expect by now you should have contacted the agent to know if the statement submitted was fake or not

Once that is established, you will know the next step to take.

Not all agents use fake bank statements so the first step is ask questions from the agent.

(2) Who filled the IMM form? you or the agent?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:35am On Jul 10, 2019
Lol you dey vexoooooo. It seems you were just refused Visa? Its well but don't add salt to his injury biko.
jessyeve:
cheesy grin I just hate it when some people negligence make Nigeria visa more difficult, that's all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2019
Is it really necessary to go all through that or I could just leave it like that
mcobex:
Use the web form or send it via email to CIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2019
I reject visa refusal abeg, I'm still waiting for response
Chukwuemekatehi:
Lol you dey vexoooooo. It seems you were just refused Visa? Its well but don't add salt to his injury biko.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheAfrikan: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2019
Qudkom:

Yep September decided to come in earlier. 2 months out max is fine and you should have a convincing reason. It comes with advantages and Con's

Goodmorning,

Please could you elaborate on the bolded. What sort of cons can one aspect?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:

I understand where you are coming from but you need to realise that some people genuinely don't know the consequences of allowing an agent present SOA on their behalf.

Also, lets show empathy in all situations. We don't even know if this person is an undergraduate or a young school leaver.

God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 11:43am On Jul 10, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

You need to remain calm. Worrying, lamenting or panicking solves nothing. I expect by now you should have contacted the agent to know if the statement submitted was fake or not

Not all agents use fake bank statements so the first step is ask questions from the agent.

Finish! This is it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2019
Blema111:

How can someone give you bank statements and a letter without verifying? Is the person related to you? He is an agent remember and those people would do anything just to get their money. She ought to have verified. She’s supposed to ask questions.

I understand all that and the applicant made a mistake but common mehn.. to blast the applicant like that wasn't the best way..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2019
OK. I reject it on ur behalf too but you need to be soft on him/her. There are so many novices who are not aware of consequences. Just show Empathy.
jessyeve:
I reject visa refusal abeg, I'm still waiting for response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

A friend of mine was banned because the agent gave her a bank statement that almost 6 different persons used almost at the same time. So even if at the end of the day it was verified, has he given same to different people at different times? Visa officials aren’t fools na.
P.S all 6 were banned. They gave a funny story as to how the supposed sponsor was related to them. Even when the statement was verified, she was still banned.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkeemTy(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2019
i believe this is what has happened. Advisable one always gives the documents demanded to the agent personally than telling the agent to get those sensitive documents himself. Those folks are just after their money whether you get denied or not, they don't care.
Blema111:

A friend of mine was banned because the agent gave her a bank statement that almost 6 different persons used almost at the same time. So even if at the end of the day it was verified, has he given same to different people at different times? Visa officials aren’t fools na.
P.S all 6 were banned. They gave a funny story as to how the supposed sponsor was related to them. Even when the statement was verified, she was still banned.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Imadeosarodion: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please guys i am confused as i have applied for Canada temporary work permit since october 6 2018 through one agent,but up till this moment i haven't gotten any reply from Canadian immigrantion, any time i try to track my application it tells me record not found, please what does this mean? I have tried calling Canadian high commission here in Nigeria many times but no one is answering, can i go to Canada immigrantion office in Lagos to make enquires? I am curious to know because i want to lodge another application but this time a students visa but i am scared because i don't know my faith with the previous work permit visa.
Please house i need your advise as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
submitted my study permit may 10th and got medical request June 26th, medicals done july 4th, the online portal has not yet updated anything on medicals yet.
heard the online portal is not usually updated real time but don't know how true this is.
Are you resuming in September too?
Uncle123:

Over here.. smiley ...M.Eng too, University of Calgary but mine is Civil...submitted my study permit application on 28th June and on 8 July, eligibility review started and my medical status changed to "we are reviewing the result of your medical exam" I didn't do any upfront medical btw.
I hope it turns out positive..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Imadeosarodion:
Please guys i am confused as i have applied for Canada temporary work permit since october 6 2018 through one agent,but up till this moment i haven't gotten any reply from Canadian immigrantion, any time i try to track my application it tells me record not found, please what does this mean? I have tried calling Canadian high commission here in Nigeria many times but no one is answering, can i go to Canada immigrantion office in Lagos to make enquires? I am curious to know because i want to lodge another application but this time a students visa but i am scared because i don't know my faith with the previous work permit visa.

Try and link your application online... if u plan to lodge a new application.. I think u have to wait till this previous one is done(not sure) but don't use an agent o..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kennylad90: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
Blema111:

4.37/5 University of Windsor

Did you apply for fall 2019 or winter 2020 and how many weeks did it take before you were given admission after application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by easywork2019: 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
I would advise you to forget the passport, look for a way to get a new one then forget about Canada dream for years. Does agent can help you with a real account . from experience, they will send your passport to kirikiri , they would call to come to for it please do not go unless you will be arrested and pay lots of money.

Blema111:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Green4(m): 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
mcobex:
Since you are working in UAE(you have a permit) you can apply over there and your app will be processed based on the processing time of the said country (UAE). Good luck

Thanks allot sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
cuteesthy:
u mean the application deadline, it was 1st of June

Since it has passed the deadline date, expect an update soon. Sometimes, they are always slow in issuing out admission letters. You will surely hear from them. The graduate committee mostly sits after the deadline date to make decisions.

For a satisfying info, call the admission office/international office directly than sending an email.

Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
Qudkom:
Just had the smoothest POE experience. I wasn't asked any questions or whatsoever just directed to a counter where the lady requested my passport and excused her self came back after a few seconds and handed me my study/work permit. To all trv hopefuls I wish you the very best and I'll still be present here to offer my advises et all to those who need it. Cheers!

Stay safe and remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
Is it really necessary to go all through that or I could just leave it like that
It is not necessary, but if you think sending it will increase your chances of securing TRV then please send but if not no need. CIC only made that provision for people who forgot to include some vital information before submitting.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
Imadeosarodion:
you are missing the first step in this whole thing, which is contacting your agent . Your agent should tell you if he really applied for you and if he did let him give you the correct details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 1:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
easywork2019:
I would advise you to forget the passport, look for a way to get a new one then forget about Canada dream for years. Does agent can help you with a real account . from experience, they will send your passport to kirikiri , they would call to come to for it please do not go unless you will be arrested and pay lots of money.

Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2019
Kennylad90:

Did you apply for fall 2019 or winter 2020 and how many weeks did it take before you were given admission after application

I’m for fall 2019. That’s another school that take their sweet time. My admission and funding came late around June.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
easywork2019:

Seriously!

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (644)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Usa Visit Visa / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.