Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,182 members, 7,887,431 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:48 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1055662 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
Omo I applied from the UK and eligibility review hasn't even started... it has been on background checks for 2 weeks now... but my biometrics says updated with a date (19th of July). [quote author=Nobleman61 post=80754452][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by deejay2u: 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
[quote author=justwise post=79136298][/quote] Please i want to find out if a 40years old can apply for diploma course in CANADA,cause an agent is telling me they won't give visa for that age that's absorb,please how true is that,and if any one can recommend any school that I don't need to pay much tuition before submitting my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone.
Please does anyone know or confirm if I would be needing an ETA to enter Canada?
ETA is Electronic Travel Authorization, and I heard it might be needed or requested at POE.

Please your responses will be much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheInvestor: 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have an idea of how long eligibility review/background check takes on the average ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 5:11am On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=waynee2baba post=80754829]Omo I applied from the UK and eligibility review hasn't even started... it has been on background checks for 2 weeks now... but my biometrics says updated with a date (19th of July).

Please can your share screenshot of your dashboard, let’s see what it looks like, because me I don’t even understand when a particular one is reading.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hardeholar1(m): 5:43am On Jul 30, 2019
Good day friends
With great disappointment, I was denied student visa based on three reasons
1. Purpose of visit
2. Travel history
3. Assets- personal assets and financial status
So I will like practical solutions @frankrobnn @autacus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Medviv: 5:48am On Jul 30, 2019
Godblesmyhustle:

Keep trying, use exact details in your form - study permit outside of Canada.

Try everyday, mine took 2 days

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

Thank you so so much . I’ll try these steps right away !!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hardeholar1(m): 5:51am On Jul 30, 2019
I also need practical point on how to tackle the reason why I have not received my refusal letter , already on my gcms note I have been refused visa but till date I have not gotten a refusal letter
It’s close to five month now
I have sent several mail to the office processing my application but no response yet
Please what can I do to fast track this letter
Because I need it to process for my tuition refund
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 6:55am On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=Nobleman61 post=80757653][/quote]

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:56am On Jul 30, 2019
deejay2u:
Please i want to find out if a 40years old can apply for diploma course in CANADA,cause an agent is telling me they won't give visa for that age that's absorb,please how true is that,and if any one can recommend any school that I don't need to pay much tuition before submitting my application
What kind of diploma? What is your highest level of education before now? Your response will determine if it will be easy for you to get TRV or not.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OliviaPretty9: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2019
What school please ?

Gbemms9:

I used an agent for my visa application,
I applied to the school myself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinonye94: 7:01am On Jul 30, 2019
APPROVAL! Thank you Lord!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 7:03am On Jul 30, 2019
Congrats! Remember to post full transcript when you can.
Chinonye94:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinonye94: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2019
APPROVAL ALERT!
Submitted paper application on the 24th of April 2019
Medical request: 13th June 2019
Eligibility review: 17th June 2019
Medicals done at QLife: 4th July 2019
Medicals passed: 15th July 2019
BVL: 26th July 2019
Approval: 29th July 2019

Application profile
Admission into MSc/PhD in Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Fall 2019. I secured a supervisor with full funding (23000 CAD). ( I actually have an MSc in Biochemistry but had to apply for MSc because UofM Biochemistry department does not admit international students to PhD directly: I will be doing one year MSc coursework and move to PhD for the remaining 3 years)
School fees: 12000 CAD

Documents submitted
1. Funding letter from supervisor
2. Printout from department website showing that they do not take students directly for PhD
3. Scholarship letter from UofM (5400 CAD)
4. Academic transcripts (MSc and BSc)
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
7. SOA from my inlaw who has no dependents
8. Affidavit of support from inlaw
9. In law's landed property documents
10. Sponsor's business documents
11. International passport
12. Sponsor's international passport, and passport of dad's sister
13. Parents' and siblings' IDs
14. Academic awards gotten in secondary school and university, leadership certificates
15. Birth certificates (mine and my siblings')
16. Parents' and sponsor's marriage certificates
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
First, i want to thank God Almighty, my own visa officer!! I very worried that the VO would think that because I applied for MSC rather than PhD, I want to run away, but God did it. I also did not submit my account statement or any landed property, but just explained in my sop that I'm passionate about making a difference upon my return to Nigeria. Even though I showed no proof other than my family, God still did it!
Thanks to all the gurus and friends on this wonderful platform. You guys are all so amazing, God bless you!!
To all those still waiting for results, God will speedily deliver your approvals in Jesus name.
God bless you

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OB411(m): 7:20am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile
Admission into MSc/PhD in Biochemistry and Medical Genetics, University of Manitoba, Fall 2019. I secured a supervisor with full funding (23000 CAD). ( I actually have an MSc in Biochemistry but had to apply for MSc because UofM Biochemistry department does not admit international students to PhD directly: I will be doing one year MSc coursework and move to PhD for the remaining 3 years)

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinonye94: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2019
OB411:

Congratulations.
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 7:33am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile

Documents submitted
2. Printout from department website showing that they do not take students directly for PhD
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
14. Academic awards gotten in secondary school and university, leadership certificates
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
First, i want to thank God Almighty, my own visa officer!! I very worried that the VO would think that because I applied for MSC rather than PhD, I want to run away, but God did it. I also did not submit my account statement or any landed property, but just explained in my sop that I'm passionate about making a difference upon my return to Nigeria. Even though I showed no proof other than my family, God still did it!
Thanks to all the gurus and friends on this wonderful platform. You guys are all so amazing, God bless you!!
To all those still waiting for results, God will speedily deliver your approvals in Jesus name.
God bless you

Congrats

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2019
Wow, congratulations cheesy

Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile

Documents submitted
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
God bless you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 8:10am On Jul 30, 2019
Please o, house my eligibility and background check is running at the same time, is that a bad sign ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ymin: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Congratulations!!!
I'm equally starting in fall in University of Manitoba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
Congrats Nonye... more wins

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KenduMan: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2019
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile

Documents submitted
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
God bless you
Congratulations Go and Prosper

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sirkay360: 8:44am On Jul 30, 2019
Good Morning Everyone,
I intend going for my Masters in Chemistry and I've been trying to get a supervisor because i think doing that is very important but they keep telling me that they have to opening..
I will be applying for winter 2020 and the deadline is fast approaching.
Pls, My Ogas in the house, Can I proceed in applying for the admission without securing a supervisor first.
You advice will be appreciated..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations dear
Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 9:03am On Jul 30, 2019
sirkay360:
Good Morning Everyone,
I intend going for my Masters in Chemistry and I've been trying to get a supervisor because i think doing that is very important but they keep telling me that they have to opening..
I will be applying for winter 2020 and the deadline is fast approaching.
Pls, My Ogas in the house, Can I proceed in applying for the admission without securing a supervisor first.
You advice will be appreciated..

If your department require you secure a supervisor prior to applying, kindly don't apply until you get a prospective supervisor with the department.

If you proceed and submit without supervisor, your application will not be process until a supervisor is identify and will eventually lead to refusal of your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 9:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Wow guys!!!

BVL and passport request dropped this morning. Wow Nairaland...you've helped me twice now in 2 years.

I'm so grateful for the immense knowledge gained through posts.

My question is, my sister dropped her passport with me in Lagos (she's back to Ado) can I help her submit it in VFS and also collect when it's ready? P.s. she signed consent for indirect submission and collection form.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pekun210(m): 9:05am On Jul 30, 2019
Congratulations
did you write GRE?

Chinonye94:
APPROVAL ALERT!

Application profile

Documents submitted
5. CV
6. SOP (3 pages)
17. Admission letter
18. WAEC certificate
God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pekun210(m): 9:07am On Jul 30, 2019
Congrats
Approval rain this morning �

Bkoks:
Wow guys!!!

BVL and passport request dropped this morning. Wow Nairaland...you've helped me twice now in 2 years.

My question is, my sister dropped her passport with me in Lagos (she's back to Ado) can I help her submit it in VFS and also collect when it's ready? P.s. she signed consent for indirect submission and collection form.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KenduMan: 9:09am On Jul 30, 2019
Bkoks:
Wow guys!!!

Congrats.. please don't forget to share your details and timeline as soon as you can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 9:12am On Jul 30, 2019
[Timeline:
Submitted online 18th May
Biometrics 22nd May
Medical request 4th July
Medicals done 15th July
Medicals passed 18th July
Bvl and passport request 30th July
quote author=Bkoks post=80762429]Wow guys!!!

My question is, my sister dropped her passport with me in Lagos (she's back to Ado) can I help her submit it in VFS and also collect when it's ready? P.s. she signed consent for indirect submission and collection form.[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SandCastle: 9:18am On Jul 30, 2019
Pls guys...not sure if anyone is having same issue.
Submitted paper app on the june 20th.Been tracking the app for weeks thru vfs website comes up with the generic terms your passport is at the canada embassy.
I did try to linked the application its says no records found..i habe tried a couple of times
I have tried tracking through vfs webiste again it says No records..i am confused..what do i need to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (644)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.