Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,521 members, 7,885,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1054790 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Higihaga: 6:33am On Aug 06, 2019
June 7th Applicant, no any message yet
Over 8 weeks old already
It will end well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2019
Maybe we should kukuma do upfront medical while waiting..
Hoping for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2019
gatsbym4:
Hoping for the best.
It will end well dude. Let hope for the best. My application will be exactly 8wks on Thursday this week.

We go dey alright Las Las

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:21am On Aug 06, 2019
Jetline:

Thank you for your timely response.
Details of Application:
Bsc:Geography(2007)
MBA: Business Administration (2014)
Going for 2 years MSc in Forensic science
Tuition: 17000 CD approximately
Deposit: 600CD
Self sponsored with available fund of about N14M in my Ist application.
Married,in early 30's
Wife is working but not travelling with me.
Submitted survey plans of landed properties without deeds of conveyance (I thought the deeds will make my docs bulky)
Submitted share certificates.
Submitted 2 months payslips only.
*didn't submit salary account statement*
Submitted employment and promotion papers.
Submitted evidence of marriage.
Submitted evidence of travel history to The Netherlands, Belgium, UK and Germany.
Work with a Federal Parastatal where forensic analysis is used.
I have deferred my admission to fall 2020 and planning to reapply soon.I wish to tackle the two (generic) reasons on purpose of visit and assets/financial ....
Looks like you have a hint to your problem's solution; and regarding your purpose of visit, I will suggest you write a convincing SOP with all questions answered.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kingsnigga: 8:43am On Aug 06, 2019
Blije:

Relax... you are not alone
We are “Legion”
My brother, you're not alone. We dey the same train, I applied via paper route on the 10th of June, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 8:53am On Aug 06, 2019
SmallerB:
LOL IT FEELS LIKE A MIRACLE LOL
Second application
submitted online June 20
Medical request July 5(funny thing is my first application was refused after 15days also)
Medicals done July 18
Medicals passed August 2( i had to call Qlife cause it was passed the 10 working days. They told me they had sent it, thats when the true worry started ehn i started questioning my health since i had a surgery in june lol. So i sent a web form on august 1st and the next day i got medicals passed)
BVl August 2nd also
Application was processed in Paris
Passport request August 5 lol

I submitted all cic forms
Admission letter: university of Saskatchewan going for PGD food science, i have an undergraduate degree in microbiology and 4.78cgpa i couldn't get a supervisor sadly. But i spoke to the program coordinator and he said if i have good grades and get a supervisor after the first semester i could switch to Msc so i am hoping(crossed fingers)i graduated uni at 19 so i mentioned how young and all i still am so a career switch blah blah lol i am surprised. I made mention of the courses i did as an undegrad that are related to food science(like food microbiology, organic chem, bio chem and industrial micro) i also mentioned that my undergraduate course was slightly deficient so i couldn't get into masters which is true in a way.
My mum is my main sponsor, statement of account of 9m and 7m TB said to be dedicated to my studies
Submitted my dad's will with funds and land property dedicated to i and my siblings. It also had court order.
Submitted my transcript and thats all. And above all i added my God to the equation lol.

My first application was refused based on ties to Canada and purpose of visit. I ordered GMCS note and it didnt mention anything about my study plan being vague or anything. VO's main point is that i wont return to Nigeria. I was really sad when the refusal came, i cried sef then ran to niaraland and read all the responses lol. My first application had all the documents i believe it was even perfect but yet it was refused. My second application i didn't even notorise sponsors letter or anything, didn't even submit birth certificate or any extra thing. Its only God that's all. I'm so thankful for everyone that posts here i have always been silent but I'm grateful to everyone here
congratulations on ur approval, i applied to the same school, PGD applied Microbiology winter 2020, still waiting for dem to give me feedback

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by deveid: 9:00am On Aug 06, 2019
Is it possible to get a student visa before septemeber 1st? Knowing one applied on 26th july and did biometrics 29th July. I want to do medicals down so I can beat time incase I'm required to submit it, but I've submitted my application. how can I get the medicals prepared so I can submit it when the need arises?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:00am On Aug 06, 2019
jessyeve:
My friend Google is ur friend also, it's against the rule to defer and work without schooling at all, unless u have already studied and waiting for ur next course then you can work while waiting, someone did it doesn't make it right, u will be found out while applying work permit because they calculate your course from ur point of entry, thanks.
I never said it was right.
But please don't ask such person to throw away their visa. because if he doesn't have the money to pay now, who knows even if he stay here for another one year he may still not get the money. Or will you help him pay? All fingers are not equal you know.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2019
Higihaga:

Thumbs up , nothing but the Truth
We people just like to exaggerate things and make it more complicated.

There is one of my brother currently now studying in McGill Quebec university .He paid full tuition fees when he was still processing his trv,
He arrived to canada for 2017 fall session , his class start at September 3rd and he landed around September 20th, he couldn't start the class again and school had to defer his admission to the next fall session which commenced on 2018 September 3rd, There is one year gap and he has been working since during that gap.

This is Nigeria and we all know how hardship the Economy is
Deep down in everyone's mind on this forum, 95% are not ready to come back to Nigeria, and not all those who got TRV are financially capable for their study. Even someone who boasted to sponsor might later changed his or her mind base on different reason or other circumstances.

Thank you for this. I know a lot of people may think along but not everyone needs to respond to everything.
People need to understand that, Na where you know reach another person own from start.
Na the same water when de boil yam soft, Na him still de boil egg strong.
Same life, different head, different outcomes.

Thanks once again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2019
deveid:
Is it possible to get a student visa before septemeber 1st? Knowing one applied on 26th july and did biometrics 29th July. I want to do medicals down so I can beat time incase I'm required to submit it, but I've submitted my application. how can I get the medicals prepared so I can submit it when the need arises?
You should have thought it through before applying
You application is just about a week old
As you can see many June applicants and even some may applicants are yet to get a response/ medical request talk more of July applicants July 29 is even as good as August 1st
This is just August 6th for crying out loud. So relax
Don’t be faster than your shadow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ahmedio2017(m): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2019
cuteesthy:
congratulations on ur approval, i applied to the same school, PGD applied Microbiology winter 2020, still waiting for dem to give me feedback

I don't know what's wrong with those school ooo...they are yet to release admission list for Jan2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2019
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=495&top=15
This is the question answered on CIC site. CIC says it's illegal to work before studies begin.
Now this is the main problem with many Nigerians, always looking for loopholes and how to beat the system.
It's not legal! and do you think they aren't aware that Nigerians are doing this?
We go through one of the longest and strictest checks before a visa is granted and yet people keep encouraging others to do illegal things.
'The country is tough, blah blah' That doesn't mean you should go and do something you aren't allowed to, because in turn, this is only making it more difficult for people that have not gotten their visa.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yacha77: 9:19am On Aug 06, 2019
Blije:

You should have thought it through before applying
You application is just about a week old
As you can see many June applicants and even some may applicants are yet to get a response/ medical request talk more of July applicants July 29 is even as good as August 1st
This is just August 6th for crying out loud. So relax
Don’t be faster than your shadow
Just to clarify some things. Firstly , I know July applicant that has gotten medical request. Secondly, visa application is not first come first serve and we have seen here that people got ppr in 1 year and some 2 weeks. Lastly , the correct answer is that the visa processing time is against the applicant and he shouldn't have applied when he did at least without upfront. I stand to be corrected please.......... Osheeeeeeeee

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 9:19am On Aug 06, 2019
Any June 28 applicant ?
Paper route
Nothing yet o sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2019
Nobleman61:
Any June 28 applicant ?
Paper route
Nothing yet o sad
bro i dey with u o. Oboy we be july applicants na. I think our package got to the vos july 2... Oboy my medical has been reading since last two weeks thursday. No news yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 9:42am On Aug 06, 2019
Pls does anyone have the visa office or officer number in Nairobi. Need to call urgently as a follow-up, got a mail from Nairobi to update my medicals which I have done for over a month. And it shows medical passed on their portal.
Pls I need a number to call
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2019
Hello Dear,
Please there is no need replying to every response to your post because such constant forth and back argument will only derail this beautiful thread as different monikers hold different views, understanding, and opinions regarding certain issues. The clarification you gave with examples is nothing but the honest truth of the reality of certain events over there irrespective of whether it is the right thing to do or not base the immigration laws, still people do it and get away with it.
However, I believed that the concerns of some monikers and mine as well is the implications of posting such on an open platform such as this where anyone including undercover immigration officers may be active members carrying out investigation and can use such revelation to tighten the rate of visa approvals for Nigerians.
During my study in UK, I personally know a good number of students who did the same thing to survive in UK including Asians, Europeans, and African students, the Government is aware of these things and they tackle the ones they chose to at any particular time.
I would rather suggest you give such advice in private rather than on a public forum such as this because you don't know who is reading. I fully understand your good intentions but doing so privately will save us all from a lot of visa hurdles.God willing, our visa applications shall returned with speedy approvals in Jesus name.
LET PEACE REIGN.......
Obehi44:

I never said it was right.
But please don't ask such person to throw away their visa. because if he doesn't have the money to pay now, who knows even if he stay here for another one year he may still not get the money. Or will you help him pay? All fingers are not equal you know.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:44am On Aug 06, 2019
I agree with you entirely. When such person is denied PGWP, he comes screaming that CIC are wicked, bla bla, not knowing that his/her past is hunting the person. Its not right, there is no short cut to it. Imagine someone staying one full year in Canada without working, and you are saying he got away with it, when its time for study permit extension and CIC issues a ban, they won't tell you oh. They will only tell you the one that was successful. An Indian student was deported for working more than 40hrs per week. That won't be loud. Several people have been victims of breaking the law in Canada but they won't come out and speak. I have a friend who is a lawyer in Saskatchewan who we discuss occasionally and he tells me cases Nigerians bring to him, they are alarming. A lot are on the run. We will never be told. As much as we are trying to beat the system, same way they are getting wise and more strict. Fake statements were getting people visa, now, how market. CIC will keep getting strict everyday. And very soon, getting visa will become almost impossible if we dont stop this our trickery in this country. Its high time we start doing the right thing and stop cutting corners. We are here today in this country because of this attitude. Developed countries are moving forward because they are doing the right thing. Canada isn't for everyone, we must not kill ourselves to get to Canada. They are better countries with a more robust economy.
Peace!!!
Stevenssen:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=495&top=15
This is the question answered on CIC site. CIC says it's illegal to work before studies begin.
Now this is the main problem with many Nigerians, always looking for loopholes and how to beat the system.
It's not legal! and do you think they aren't aware that Nigerians are doing this?
We go through one of the longest and strictest checks before a visa is granted and yet people keep encouraging others to do illegal things.
'The country is tough, blah blah' That doesn't mean you should go and do something you aren't allowed to, because in turn, this is only making it more difficult for people that have not gotten their visa.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2019
Bro, I'm thinking in this direction too. May be this may speed up the process.
@frankrobbn1, please bro, what is your take on this? applications submitted late June/early July, background and eligibility review ongoing, no medical request mails yet. Schools resume early Sept. Please, your kind advice is needed here Sir.

gatsbym4:
Hoping for the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2019
Amen bro. I join my faith with yours. It will all end well in Jesus mighty name. Amen.

Ayodeji786:

It will end well dude. Let hope for the best. My application will be exactly 8wks on Thursday this week.

We go dey alright Las Las

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:57am On Aug 06, 2019
Just some clarity in regards to the trending topic..

There are numerous international students in Canada working without the resumption of their classes or course work to meet up. This might be possible but also have consequences, in the sense that the dream of a PGWP and then a PR might be in jeopardy if working without an active studies when the school is not on unschedule break.

Its a fact that sometimes, checking if international students have defaulted or breaking immigration law of their study permit "might" pose difficult by IRCC especially if the employer of the int'l students pays salary by cash and not by an accountable means that reflects on government database, also if the int'l students works in short hours of duration. Aslo, on-campus work might also pose another difficulty for IRCC to keep track of int'l students that works more than the stipulated work hours of 20hrs per week or working without class resumption (if possible or maybe under some unprecedented situation).

However, working off-campus without class resumption comes with great risk which many int'l students are taken due to detoriorating situation in the course of studying to meet up. The risk is that some employers might not pay in cash, which means they follow a recognized mode of payment by the government, meaning the government can easily keep track of whether int'l students are violating their SP by working more hours or as the case may be.

The implication of working without the class or school resumption is like hanging the success of applying for a PGWP and PR on a thin worn out thread. Though, some int'l students have also be lucky with getting through this illegal act but it doesn't mean its appropriate.

The bottomline is: its not advisable to violate the laws guiding the SP, as working without class or school resumption is highly not advisable. It might seem smart and rewarding, but if caught, the implication will be costly and filled with many regrets.

Goodluck to all TRV hopefuls.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 10:00am On Aug 06, 2019
Actually, my fellow June applicants, especially those btw 7th to 18th June, I just booked medical at IOM and the date given is August 15th.

I'm actually believing God, before that day I would get my medical request.

So let all take action and let our faith be strong. My school resume in 26 days time.

Moreover those Visa Officers knows school would resume early next month. So let see as this week goes.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 06, 2019
has it been heard
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:09am On Aug 06, 2019
Pls does anyone have the visa office or officer number in Nairobi. Need to call urgently as a follow-up, got a mail from Nairobi to update my medicals which I have done for over a month. And it shows medical passed on their portal.
Pls I need a number to call
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 10:14am On Aug 06, 2019
No be my mouth you go hear say Yar Adua don die.
Pray hard.
jessyeve:
has it been heard a paper applicant got a bvl and later got medical request? i submitted 7 june, my eligibility wasnt reading till yesterday that i sent a webform to send my sponsor cac and other documents i skipped during application, i got a correspondence letter this morning and my eligibility started reading, what does this mean?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 10:15am On Aug 06, 2019
ahmedio2017:

I don't know what's wrong with those school ooo...they are yet to release admission list for Jan2020
Lets just be hopefull
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2019
funny i no the usual process,just want to know if there is exception lol but its funny how they remembered me because i sent webform
ralfudoh:
No be my mouth you go hear say Yar Adua don die.
Pray hard.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 10:21am On Aug 06, 2019
jessyeve:
funny i no the usual process,just want to know if there is exception lol but its funny how they remembered me because i sent webform
I don’t think it’s the webform
It’s just a coincidence
It’s well

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (644)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.