Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,244 members, 7,880,907 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1053028 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
Hey guys, an interesting update;
A friend of mine got his passport request on the 13th June after medicals passed. He submitted his passport at vfs on the same day. He is being sponsored by his uncle, this afternoon he got a call from his uncle who said he just got off the phone with someone who called from the Canadian embassy, and they called to confirm if he gave his nephew the bank statement he applied with and if he's gonna sponsor him through his studies. His uncle said it was a straight forward conversation and he confirmed everything.

I find It odd though, this is happening after passport request, I thought I should put it out here because this might be the cause of the delay for the other guys waiting

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
nairabob:
Hello guys, I have a post graduate diploma in Education Pgde from Nigeria, can I get into a master's program in Canada with this qualification?

Someone help with this though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 9:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
nairabob:
A friend of mine got his passport request on the 13th August after medicals passed. He submitted his passport at vfs on the same day. He is being sponsored by his uncle, this afternoon he got a call from his uncle who said he just got off the phone with someone who called from the Canadian embassy, and they called to confirm if he gave his nephew the bank statement he applied with and if he's gonna sponsor him through his studies. His uncle said it was a straight forward conversation and he confirmed everything.

I find It odd though, this is happening after passport request, I thought I should put it out here because this might be the cause of the delay for the other guys waiting
You mean 13th August 2018?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 9:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
mcobex:
Okay. If you are applying with upfront medical then you can upload the medical form but if not then don't upload anything there. Good luck

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm ok now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
Kishkosh:

Dear , I do not know what you mean in the bolded , but pls note that school SOP is different from SOP to the Embassy .
The structure and tone are quite different.
The school has a section that helps review student application before one applies for visa and I sent my full visa application and the only changes they said was that the funds available was exactly what I needed + high cost of living in Vancouver so I should update my funds by another 5-10k which I did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
kcosam:

You mean 13th August 2018?

Sorry I'll edit that. 13th June I meant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
I just sent you a mail now. Thanks
Austacus:

If you can see this, pls slide in my dm for your full name and student number so I get you an extension for your tuition fee.
I am in school now, semme a mail, will reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 10:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
holllowu:
I just sent you a mail now. Thanks
Alright
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
nairabob:
A friend of mine got his passport request on the 13th June after medicals passed. He submitted his passport at vfs on the same day. He is being sponsored by his uncle, this afternoon he got a call from his uncle who said he just got off the phone with someone who called from the Canadian embassy, and they called to confirm if he gave his nephew the bank statement he applied with and if he's gonna sponsor him through his studies. His uncle said it was a straight forward conversation and he confirmed everything.

Are you serious? Wow! It's like this people want to start a new one. Though it's their right to confirm anything they like, but calling a sponsor? Haaaa Na wa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maka11: 11:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
I don’t understand this Canadian people anymore is there a place where sponsorers phone number is listed in submitting applications??
Obehi44:

Are you serious? Wow! It's like this people want to start a new one. Though it's their right to confirm anything they like, but calling a sponsor? Haaaa Na wa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guzenaira: 12:10am On Jun 21, 2019
nairabob:

Hello sir,

As sweet and shocking as this sound, am pleased to tell you that it’s not true.

The sponsor is telling a lie. Based on my personal findings and pls don’t quote me.

I maybe wrong but Embassy will never call sponsor. If it’s contacting banks, that’s possible but sponsor it’s not true.

In 2016, I applied using my uncle as sponsor, he was scared maybe I will give his bank statement to someone else to use because he’s a Lawyer. so he kept telling me that the bank called him.
unfortunately it was a refusal, the following yr I used my dad as sponsor but I didn’t tell him. He came back again and said the bank called him. I just smiled.

So my brother, Embassy will not call after passport request. Even if your school revoke admission today, passport request can come the next day because decision has already been made.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by guzenaira: 12:13am On Jun 21, 2019
maka11:

I don’t understand this Canadian people anymore is there a place where sponsorers phone number is listed in submitting applications??

Just imagine!!

I doubt that claim my brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jelmusboy(m): 12:15am On Jun 21, 2019
Hello people,

Has anyone or does anyone know someone who got admission into Biological, Biomedical or Microbiology MSc program in Canada with a second class lower degree (CGPA of <3.2/5.0) from a Nigeria university?

If you know of any, kindly state the university in Canada and if possible, let me know the handle of the person.

Na beg I dey beg ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staodi: 12:33am On Jun 21, 2019
God always has His ways but at the time we seem not to understand why some things happens...congrats dear....trying to pm you
Dera12345:
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST!!! (May applicant)

Experience is truly the best teacher, and my Canadian Sucess story made me believe the saying “EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING”!!! I know very well my story will motivate or strengthen some people never to give up in whatever that interests them, pursue it desperately like your life depends on it!! Yes I mean it.
Before I proceed, below is my timeline.

Online Application (2nd Application)
Submitted May 9th (10:57pm)
Upfront medicals passed on 11th June
Correspondence letter (today by 10:12am)
Original passport request (today by 10:32am)

This experience is my most difficult experience in life so far, I have always thought I can have anything I want in life but this Canada journey taught me that “Human beings can make any plans they want, but it’s God that decides their Sucess or failure”. I don’t even know where to begin from, but only God, Myself and @frankrobbn1 can tell my tragedy-comedy story.

So exactly a year today 20th June 2018, I submitted a paper route application and It was refused within 4weeks based on family ties, purpose of visit , personal assets and financial assets. Meanwhile, I have a Bsc in Biochemistry with overall CGPA 4.15 and last two year CGPA 4.71 , going for 2year diploma, paid tution fee $8,880cad.
when I received my refusal letter, I cried that very day like never before and till date my first refusal date 18th July,2018 still remains the worst day of my life, and the agent my parents used was just after money. After crying, knowing how bad i needed to leave this country I woke from my comfort zone and began my personal research, this was how I came across this wonderful forum and started reading up!

Through this wonderful platform I met an angel in human form, a motivator, my soulmate and my support system @frankrobbn1, may God bless you richly for me. Frank took his time to explain the errors in my application starting from advising me to secure a masters admission and that is nearly impossible to convince a VO on why diploma and not masters considering my high Gp, and secondly that my application is as empty as anything, I didn’t even submit my family’s information, no assets declared, no employment evidence and so on.

So I began my admission hunt and the devil started his work. Almost all the schools offering my course/ or related course requires a supervisor , and you know how difficult securing a supervisor can be. Some schools I contacted will tell me pump and play that I must identify a supervisor before applying while some will tell me to apply that they will assign me a supervisor once am admitted! I fell to their tricks and lost my application fee, I also tried contacting supervisors all kept turning me down. I kept sending countless mails to different supervisors in different universities all to no avail, some would always come up late with their negative mails of not having space in their lab while some will totally ignore me. I got feed up and I decided to stop sending mails but to call them on phone at least to get a straight forward response rather than waiting for their response that takes weeks and at the end must be negative. I made it as one of my daily activities to call at least 10 supervisors daily, and I did this for months!!! Even the ones that later accepted to supervise me though without funding just all of a sudden will deny even knowing me after I have submitted my application hoping I have secured a supervisor.

In general, I applied to 6 different universities in a space of 8months and all turned me down. I kept asking myself who did I offend? who is after my progress? Through this same wonderful forum I met a very nice fellow @agronat. Immediately he posted about him securing a masters admission with funding, i pm him to put me through, and that was how I realized the vital points/information missing out in my application and the reasons behind my refusals regardless of my high scores. And today am glad that my finally attempt landed me a full fulled scholarship worth $38,076CAD at BROCK UNIVERSITY ONTARIO , 2 years MSc in Biotechnology. Big thanks to @frankrobbn1 for recommending Brock University to me. I nearly craze that day (April 18th, 2019)!!! NB: the scholarship covers my tution and living expenses with extra left, I was also guaranteed a graduate assistantship position. Isn’t God great? This was when I realized that God was preparing something greater for me.

Fast forward to my visa application, guru @frankrobbn1 finished work.. I personally wrote my SOP and LOE, but when frank was done reviewing it I couldn’t recognize my LOE and SOP .. lol, he reconstructed it and was even using the VO’s terms to address every issue. He sold me well and also left the Change for the Visa officer to keep. I can’t thank you enough.., even after I submitted my visa application he took me to a church where I was given 4 days dry fasting and prayers (something I have never done in my life). I’m not the churchious type but this journey brought me closer to God and will forever remain grateful. I will be traveling to lagos next week to submit my passport and at the same time celebrate this wonderful journey that ended well. Seriously my sleep tonight will be very special after one year of dreaming of CANADA �� Lol, and to @justwise thanks for making this platform possible.

Below are the list of documents I submitted with my application:
Father sponsor.

All CIC FORMS
MY PASSPORT DATA PAGE
DIGITAL PASSPORT
UPFRONT MEDICALS
CLIENT INFORMATION;
•LOE
•SOP
•CV
•A reference letter from my supervisor
•Degree Certificate
•Degree Transcripts
•NYSC Posting letter
•NYSC Certificate
•My birth certificate
•WAEC result
•Employment letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•Study leave approval letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•work ID CARD
•police clearance certificate
•Picture with my parents
•HSSE professional Certificate (levels 1,2 and 3)
• social club reference letter (Written by frank)
•Deed of Gift of a four story building with a penthouse on top from Dad( Drafted by a senior advocate of Nigeria), I did the deed of gift before my application but it was back dated!
•My parent’s marriage certificate
•My family 25th marriage silver jubilee calendar as far back as 2008 . (Showing a portrait of all my siblings and my parents in the center) I was only 12years old then but I added it because we don’t have family picture.
•Siblings birth certificate
•Reference letter from my dad company stating I am one of the directors of his company existing for more than 30years now.
• My ID CARD showing am a director

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
•My full funding unconditional acceptance letter
•Affidavit of sponsorship (Drafted by frank, signed by Dad and notary public )
•Letter of sponsorship (Written by frank , signed by Dad)
•Board of resolution letter
•Dad’s international passport data page
•Dad’s Statement of account ( Bal: #113,000,000 inflow- 440M outflow-375M)
•My Personal savings acc. About eight something!
• My Dom account statement (I explained that regardless of my full funding, my father transferred the sum of $10,000Cad for my flight itinerary and other miscellaneous expenses that might rise)
•Dad’s CAC
•Dad’s company particulars of directors (showing my name as one of the directors)
•Dad’s company memorandum of association
• proof of his company shares in all my siblings name and also my mum
•Dad’s landed property, evaluation report and survey plan( I included two building, one rented and one personal building), AND three empty lands under construction)

Even though I know my application is a little bit tight, I still handed it over to God because I have seen better applications refused, or the acceptance quota being reached as rumored on the forum,I said to God that they will bang the door when it’s my time to enter, I prayed against errors which can come from the VO leading to common refusals, lol, I prayed against bad mood on the head of the VO handling my application. Prayer is the Key.

I wish all TRV hopefuls SUCCESS!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maka11: 12:33am On Jun 21, 2019
Abi o cause I only know the call banks to verify account and I don’t think bank might even release their client phone number cause it’s confidential I guess .

guzenaira:

Just imagine!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staodi: 12:37am On Jun 21, 2019
guzenaira:

Just imagine!!

lets not forget that sponsors drops major of their details, not like they will be asked to drop their phone no. In specific but some documents they present will carry such information..#my thoughts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 1:51am On Jun 21, 2019
I don't know anyone for Biological exactly, but I doo know of someone who got into a Master's in Environmental and Life Sciences at Brandon University, with a second class lower, though this one below is way lower than that of the individual.

jelmusboy:
Hello people,

Has anyone or does anyone know someone who got admission into Biological, Biomedical or Microbiology MSc program in Canada with a second class lower degree (CGPA of <3.2/5.0) from a Nigeria university?

If you know of any, kindly state the university in Canada and if possible, let me know the handle of the person.

Na beg I dey beg ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by alao1981: 2:51am On Jun 21, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Work on writing a strong and convincing SOP. Once you're done, you can contact any of the knowledgeable person's here to help vet the letter so as to be sure that you've tackled the concerns of the visa officer prior to reapplying for your visa.
Thanks again, sir. I was wondering if you have any window to assist with a review? I promise (and hope) it would not take much of your time due to the inputs I already have which have gone into the revised SOP. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jelmusboy(m): 3:21am On Jun 21, 2019
I quoted that GPA because is less than 3.0 when converted to Canadian GPA. I want to know if someone has ever got admission with less than 3.0 on a 4.0 Canadian GPA scale

Bracha:
I don't know anyone for Biological exactly, but I doo know of someone who got into a Master's in Environmental and Life Sciences at Brandon University, with a second class lower, though this one below is way lower than that of the individual.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 3:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Dera12345:
ORIGINAL PASSPORT REQUEST!!! (May applicant)

Experience is truly the best teacher, and my Canadian Sucess story made me believe the saying “EVERY DISAPPOINTMENT IS A BLESSING”!!! I know very well my story will motivate or strengthen some people never to give up in whatever that interests them, pursue it desperately like your life depends on it!! Yes I mean it.
Before I proceed, below is my timeline.

Online Application (2nd Application)
Submitted May 9th (10:57pm)
Upfront medicals passed on 11th June
Correspondence letter (today by 10:12am)
Original passport request (today by 10:32am)

This experience is my most difficult experience in life so far, I have always thought I can have anything I want in life but this Canada journey taught me that “Human beings can make any plans they want, but it’s God that decides their Sucess or failure”. I don’t even know where to begin from, but only God, Myself and @frankrobbn1 can tell my tragedy-comedy story.

So exactly a year today 20th June 2018, I submitted a paper route application and It was refused within 4weeks based on family ties, purpose of visit , personal assets and financial assets. Meanwhile, I have a Bsc in Biochemistry with overall CGPA 4.15 and last two year CGPA 4.71 , going for 2year diploma, paid tution fee $8,880cad.
when I received my refusal letter, I cried that very day like never before and till date my first refusal date 18th July,2018 still remains the worst day of my life, and the agent my parents used was just after money. After crying, knowing how bad i needed to leave this country I woke from my comfort zone and began my personal research, this was how I came across this wonderful forum and started reading up!

Through this wonderful platform I met an angel in human form, a motivator, my soulmate and my support system @frankrobbn1, may God bless you richly for me. Frank took his time to explain the errors in my application starting from advising me to secure a masters admission and that is nearly impossible to convince a VO on why diploma and not masters considering my high Gp, and secondly that my application is as empty as anything, I didn’t even submit my family’s information, no assets declared, no employment evidence and so on.

So I began my admission hunt and the devil started his work. Almost all the schools offering my course/ or related course requires a supervisor , and you know how difficult securing a supervisor can be. Some schools I contacted will tell me pump and play that I must identify a supervisor before applying while some will tell me to apply that they will assign me a supervisor once am admitted! I fell to their tricks and lost my application fee, I also tried contacting supervisors all kept turning me down. I kept sending countless mails to different supervisors in different universities all to no avail, some would always come up late with their negative mails of not having space in their lab while some will totally ignore me. I got feed up and I decided to stop sending mails but to call them on phone at least to get a straight forward response rather than waiting for their response that takes weeks and at the end must be negative. I made it as one of my daily activities to call at least 10 supervisors daily, and I did this for months!!! Even the ones that later accepted to supervise me though without funding just all of a sudden will deny even knowing me after I have submitted my application hoping I have secured a supervisor.

In general, I applied to 6 different universities in a space of 8months and all turned me down. I kept asking myself who did I offend? who is after my progress? Through this same wonderful forum I met a very nice fellow @agronat. Immediately he posted about him securing a masters admission with funding, i pm him to put me through, and that was how I realized the vital points/information missing out in my application and the reasons behind my refusals regardless of my high scores. And today am glad that my finally attempt landed me a full fulled scholarship worth $38,076CAD at BROCK UNIVERSITY ONTARIO , 2 years MSc in Biotechnology. Big thanks to @frankrobbn1 for recommending Brock University to me. I nearly craze that day (April 18th, 2019)!!! NB: the scholarship covers my tution and living expenses with extra left, I was also guaranteed a graduate assistantship position. Isn’t God great? This was when I realized that God was preparing something greater for me.

Fast forward to my visa application, guru @frankrobbn1 finished work.. I personally wrote my SOP and LOE, but when frank was done reviewing it I couldn’t recognize my LOE and SOP .. lol, he reconstructed it and was even using the VO’s terms to address every issue. He sold me well and also left the Change for the Visa officer to keep. I can’t thank you enough.., even after I submitted my visa application he took me to a church where I was given 4 days dry fasting and prayers (something I have never done in my life). I’m not the churchious type but this journey brought me closer to God and will forever remain grateful. I will be traveling to lagos next week to submit my passport and at the same time celebrate this wonderful journey that ended well. Seriously my sleep tonight will be very special after one year of dreaming of CANADA �� Lol, and to @justwise thanks for making this platform possible.

Below are the list of documents I submitted with my application:
Father sponsor.

All CIC FORMS
MY PASSPORT DATA PAGE
DIGITAL PASSPORT
UPFRONT MEDICALS
CLIENT INFORMATION;
•LOE
•SOP
•CV
•A reference letter from my supervisor
•Degree Certificate
•Degree Transcripts
•NYSC Posting letter
•NYSC Certificate
•My birth certificate
•WAEC result
•Employment letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•Study leave approval letter (Written by frank , signed by my employer)
•work ID CARD
•police clearance certificate
•Picture with my parents
•HSSE professional Certificate (levels 1,2 and 3)
• social club reference letter (Written by frank)
•Deed of Gift of a four story building with a penthouse on top from Dad( Drafted by a senior advocate of Nigeria), I did the deed of gift before my application but it was back dated!
•My parent’s marriage certificate
•My family 25th marriage silver jubilee calendar as far back as 2008 . (Showing a portrait of all my siblings and my parents in the center) I was only 12years old then but I added it because we don’t have family picture.
•Siblings birth certificate
•Reference letter from my dad company stating I am one of the directors of his company existing for more than 30years now.
• My ID CARD showing am a director

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
•My full funding unconditional acceptance letter
•Affidavit of sponsorship (Drafted by frank, signed by Dad and notary public )
•Letter of sponsorship (Written by frank , signed by Dad)
•Board of resolution letter
•Dad’s international passport data page
•Dad’s Statement of account ( Bal: #113,000,000 inflow- 440M outflow-375M)
•My Personal savings acc. About eight something!
• My Dom account statement (I explained that regardless of my full funding, my father transferred the sum of $10,000Cad for my flight itinerary and other miscellaneous expenses that might rise)
•Dad’s CAC
•Dad’s company particulars of directors (showing my name as one of the directors)
•Dad’s company memorandum of association
• proof of his company shares in all my siblings name and also my mum
•Dad’s landed property, evaluation report and survey plan( I included two building, one rented and one personal building), AND three empty lands under construction)

Even though I know my application is a little bit tight, I still handed it over to God because I have seen better applications refused, or the acceptance quota being reached as rumored on the forum,I said to God that they will bang the door when it’s my time to enter, I prayed against errors which can come from the VO leading to common refusals, lol, I prayed against bad mood on the head of the VO handling my application. Prayer is the Key.

I wish all TRV hopefuls SUCCESS!!!

Sweet like vanilla & chocolate!

Your Congratulations is LOUD & HEAVY

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 5:35am On Jun 21, 2019
PPR ooooooo! I just couldn't sleep, I felt something was coming today. 5:30 am. Kept on refreshing my page till I saw update. Thank God and thank you all my gurus

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Opana1: 5:57am On Jun 21, 2019
guzenaira:

Hello sir,

The sponsor is telling a lie. Based on my personal findings and pls don’t quote me.

I maybe wrong but Embassy will never call sponsor. If it’s contacting banks, that’s possible but sponsor it’s not true.

In 2016, I applied using my uncle as sponsor, he was scared maybe I will give his bank statement to someone else to use because he’s a Lawyer. so he kept telling me that the bank called him.
unfortunately it was a refusal, the following yr I used my dad as sponsor but I didn’t tell him. He came back again and said the bank called him. I just smiled.

So my brother, Embassy will not call after passport request. Even if your school revoke admission today, passport request can come the next day because decision has already been made.

[Sometimes it is unnecessary to make hasty generalizations. Please be informed that the embassy places calls to sponsors every now and then. I feel this is done when they need clarification on issues. This usually happens after they have spoken to the bank.
It is not strange for a sponsor to end with "feel free to contact me if you need any further document".
At this juncture, when a lot of applicants are waiting on a decision to be made on their application, the least we can do is brush issues aside, we should take every issue seriously and learn from it. It wouldn't cost us anything to give our sponsors a hint to expect a call at anytime. To your uncle, the fact he lied doesn't mean it doesn't occur. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 6:05am On Jun 21, 2019
Congrats bro.
ghabrhiel10:
PPR ooooooo! I just couldn't sleep, I felt something was coming today. 5:30 am. Kept on refreshing my page till I saw update. Thank God and thank you all my gurus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 21, 2019
Opana1:

[Sometimes it is unnecessary to make hasty generalizations. Please be informed that the embassy places calls to sponsors every now and then. I feel this is done when they need clarification on issues. This usually happens after they have spoken to the bank.
It is not strange for a sponsor to end with "feel free to contact me if you need any further document".
At this juncture, when a lot of applicants are waiting on a decision to be made on their application, the least we can do is brush issues aside, we should take every issue seriously and learn from it. It wouldn't cost us anything to give our sponsors a hint to expect a call at anytime. To your uncle, the fact he lied doesn't mean it doesn't occur. Thanks.

Thank you for this, I'm perplexed at how 3 or 4 monikers tagged me a liar (directly or indirectly) when all i did was just to pass a message I received from a friend.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

congrats bro and Dera12345.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hollushola(m): 6:46am On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations.,finally!!!!!
ghabrhiel10:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 6:55am On Jun 21, 2019
Thanks my guys, God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2019
guzenaira:

Hello sir,

I totally disagree with you bro. Its is very possible for them to call sponsor after passport request. Infact I know two cases where sponsors were called and bank also contacted applicants about their banking documents. All this is happening after passport has been requested and submitted. I spoke to the VFS manager in Abuja and he said that over 60% of applicants are using fake documents, so CIC is verifying every document submitted especially banking statements. And when the sponsor doesn't bear the same surname as applicant or when there is no proper documentation showing a relationship between applicant and sponsor. E.g Mr Olalekan sponsoring Mr Chukwudi. At times bankers are paid to print bank statements of someone with millions without the persons notice, that's why they call. He also pointed out that CIC check social media accounts (LinkedIn and Facebook). I have a case of an applicant where his documentation showed he was part of directors of a company while his LinkedIn showed he was just a staff. CIC have smartened up. They are getting every single thing now. Even after passport request, they still review. At point of entry they can still cancel your visa and send you back. Please if you plan to change DLI, do that after you have gotten to Canada or notify them 30days before your intended date of travel via your mycic account. I am speaking from experiences I have had. People involved. Peace

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2019
thesoj:

An eight-page SOP is just too long and the VO probably didn't read it, or got confused reading it. In my view, the only way a VO would read such a lengthy SOP is (a) you have a concise TL DR on the first page OR (b) your writing is like Chimamanda prose.

An eight-page SOP is a sign to the VO that you have not yet figured out your reasons for wanting to study in Canada.
This legend. I have read all your posts on this thread years back, along with Frankrobbn1. Welcome back!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kvbenjamin44(f): 7:20am On Jun 21, 2019
i feel so sad
I was denied visa few days ago and this is the stated reasons

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Gurus in the house how do I convince them that I will leave canada at the end of my study.
please Help @frankrobben, @justwise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oriazowan: 7:35am On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations bro. I am indeed happy for you!
ghabrhiel10:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bukonlami: 7:47am On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations ooo

ghabrhiel10:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.