Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,156 members, 7,880,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1052940 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrekMazino(m): 3:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
I mean if I can survive with that amount for a year in a University while working to pay for the rest years and might also get support from my family?

mcobex:
No you can't (that amount will barely cover one year and your program will be for 4 years)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yads97: 4:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
Yads97:
Good day everyone. Hope this message meets you well. I was introduced to this platform some time ago but started getting information after I had already applied for my student visa. I really wish I knew about this page earlier. I got refused today. I haven’t gotten an email yet but I checked my profile and the application status has been updated to refused. I have not gotten the reasons why I was refused yet but from what I’ve seen on this platform, I’m guessing it’ll be lack of family ties and them not being convinced I’ll leave at the end of my study.

Documents submitted:
CIC forms
SOA of my parents (Dad had 8m while Mum had about 2m)
Admission letter from school (MUN)
Receipt of payment of first year fees (11460 CAD)
My university transcripts (I’m currently schooling here but I want to transfer)
NECO certificate
Birth certificate
Sponsorship letter from my Father
Letter of explanation (stating why I want to study in Canada and explaining that my father has a bottle water company so I’m planning to return back to work there)
I’m 22 years old

I applied on February 6th
Got BVL letter 26th February
Refused 29th February

I didn’t add any evidence of landed properties of my father. Didn’t also provide evidence of my father’s factory business as I didn’t know it was necessary.

@frankrobbn1 and other gurus please help me.
I’m looking to reapply as soon as possible as I’m to start school in May this year. I really want to get it right this time.
Please what does my application need?

My email address is :preciousumk39@gmail.com
I really need help also regarding the SOP and LOE. Maybe my LOE wasn’t strong enough and I don’t really understand what the SOP is supposed to contain.

Hoping to hear from you guys and together we’ll all testify and educate more people through this platform, amen.
God bless.
@Qudkom please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 4:02pm On Feb 29, 2020
UrekMazino:
Thanks very much...
Pls is the 9 credit units per semester to be recognized for only Manitoba University or all Canadian Universities?
Yes the minimum you can register is 9credit hours (3 courses per semester) but during your Visa application, tuition is calculated for the entire credit load of your program( which is 30cr/yr).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrekMazino(m): 4:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
Thanks...
Pls I heard that an international student can do at least 9 credit courses.
I would like to know if paying my tuition fees according to the courses I pick will reduce the tuition fee?
vickyehi:

The total credit load of a year is mostly 30credits (10 courses).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrekMazino(m): 4:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
Okay....
Thanks very much...
I understand now...
vickyehi:

Yes the minimum you can register is 9credit hours (3 courses per semester) but during your Visa application, tuition is calculated for the entire credit load of your program( which is 30cr/yr).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 4:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Good evening house. I want to order GCMS notes but i don't know which site to use.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
I saw this link posted by mr Frank some time ago and i don't know if i can still order them from here

Or is there any site y'all recommend? Please i need help.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 4:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
[quote author=Naijaforeigner post=87043234]

Thank you for the explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by prettydiana4: 4:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
It was after I submitted my application that I got to read this thread, I must commend the wealth of information here is second to non.
Got admitted into St Lawrence to study health care administration 2yrs PGD. Although my first degree is Linguistics and Communication, Payment of cad2350 deposit for tuition was made. I Graduated in 2013 and served in 2014, since 2015 I have been running my own business (a cosmetics/beauty shop) in 2018 my maternal uncle set up his own clinic and I was employed to supervise the accounting unit, in 2019 became the business development officer, hence my decision to go for Health Care Admin. I applied for TRV on the 3rd of Febuary, Biometrics 6th and I got rejected 27th. Reasons! "I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on family ties in Canada and in your country of residence, " I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada to pay the tuition.
My maternal uncle is my sponsor and he presented ARM funds with 19m in it. I also used ARM with 2.5m. The school didn't request for a year tuition that's why we didn't pay. Employment letter, study leave approval, sponsorship letter, payslips, personal account statement, transcripts, sop, nysc, etc was all submitted. I intend to reapply as soon as possible as the school resumption date is 27th of April. Please I need help to get it right this time, can someone put me through? What can/should I do differently? I'm very sorry for the long post
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 4:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
UrekMazino:
Can I pursue my dream to school for undergraduate course in Canada with 4.5 million naira?

I just wanna know before I fully start this process...
Thanks.
The answer to this is Yes and No.

Yes because in reality, that is about 16k cad and would be sufficient for you to pay your first term tuition in a school in Manitoba and cater for at least 6mths of bills. However, you would need to secure a job within this period and figure out a way to fend for yourself. In manitoba, this would be possible if you are doing a 1year or max 2year course. Your hustle would support your tuition if you commit the hours.

No because you need to show proof of the entire tuition of approximately 30credits (roughly 16-21k cad in brandon university) and an extra 10k for living expenses. This means you would need to show an account statement and source of funds up to 10m naira.

I hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 4:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
Blema111:

My study leave sample was just three lines or less. It was something like this: please note that you have been granted study leave to pursue your post graduate studies. We wish you all the best in your journey of self improvement. That was all. Then it was on the company’s letter head and signed. No need for all those information.

Hello Blemma111, I appreciate you for responding to my queries. Thank you very much.

I would like to sincerely ask for your help, can you please share the sample with me. Even if it is a screenshot with any important details blank out.

Please. I'm so worried about this leave letter and it's connection on job and eventually its impact on overall study application assessment based on what I have read online.

I would appreciate if you can please share the one that has worked for you with me. I want to know if the letter is addressed to embassy or to me and if any details about position and date of employment or date or resumption is included.

I sincerely hope you will be able to help me with this. And if anyone can be kind enough to send any leave letter sample with me, please do.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 4:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
UrekMazino:
Thanks...
Pls I heard that an international student can do at least 9 credit courses.
I would like to know if paying my tuition fees according to the courses I pick will reduce the tuition fee?

In reality yes but fact is that the letter of admission issued to you has a financial commitment breakdown that considered you taking the entire 30cr.
Then again for most schools, you cant pick courses till you have had a meeting with your advisor after getting your visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 4:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
IboBoyNuel:
Good evening house. I want to order GCMS notes but i don't know which site to use.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en
I saw this link posted by mr Frank some time ago and i don't know if i can still order them from here

Or is there any site y'all recommend? Please i need help.
If you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent resident then yes. If not then you may have to use the companies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 4:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
Have seen it bro!!
Kaycevit:
Check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 4:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
sorry for refusal bro, you should get it second time this time..

Is the 11kCAD for the full one year tuition...I taught is more than that?
te author=Yads97 post=87055749]Good day everyone. Hope this message meets you well. I was introduced to this platform some time ago but started getting information after I had already applied for my student visa. I really wish I knew about this page earlier. I got refused today. I haven’t gotten an email yet but I checked my profile and the application status has been updated to refused. I have not gotten the reasons why I was refused yet but from what I’ve seen on this platform, I’m guessing it’ll be lack of family ties and them not being convinced I’ll leave at the end of my study.

Documents submitted:
CIC forms
SOA of my parents (Dad had 8m while Mum had about 2m)
Admission letter from school (MUN)
Receipt of payment of first year fees (11460 CAD)
My university transcripts (I’m currently schooling here but I want to transfer)
NECO certificate
Birth certificate
Sponsorship letter from my Father
Letter of explanation (stating why I want to study in Canada and explaining that my father has a bottle water company so I’m planning to return back to work there)
I’m 22 years old

I applied on February 6th
Got BVL letter 26th February
Refused 29th February

I didn’t add any evidence of landed properties of my father. Didn’t also provide evidence of my father’s factory business as I didn’t know it was necessary.

@frankrobbn1 and other gurus please help me.
I’m looking to reapply as soon as possible as I’m to start school in May this year. I really want to get it right this time.
Please what does my application need?

My email address is :preciousumk39@gmail.com
I really need help also regarding the SOP and LOE. Maybe my LOE wasn’t strong enough and I don’t really understand what the SOP is supposed to contain.

Hoping to hear from you guys and together we’ll all testify and educate more people through this platform, amen.
God bless.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UrekMazino(m): 4:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
Yes...
Seems I'm not ready for Canada yet undecided
vickyehi:

The answer to this is Yes and No.

Yes because in reality, that is about 16k cad and would be sufficient for you to pay your first term tuition in a school in Manitoba and cater for at least 6mths of bills. However, you would need to secure a job within this period and figure out a way to fend for yourself. In manitoba, this would be possible if you are doing a 1year or max 2year course. Your hustle would support your tuition if you commit the hours.

No because you need to show proof of the entire tuition of approximately 30credits (roughly 16-21k cad in brandon university) and an extra 10k for living expenses. This means you would need to show an account statement and source of funds up to 10m naira.

I hope you understand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yads97: 4:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
[quote author=eddyme post=87057767]sorry for refusal bro, you should get it second time this time..

Is the 11kCAD for the full one year tuition...I taught is more than that?
Amen.
It’s currently 11460 CAD for an undergraduate BSC course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chigrad: 5:44pm On Feb 29, 2020
Hi all,
Is it ok if one has an express entry account and apply for study permit?
Or is it advisable to cancel the express entry account before applying for study permit.
Secondly if one decides to do upfront medicals, Does the hospital immediately send/upload the result to IRCC or can IRCC only get the result only when you have uploaded it?
I ask because someone said he/she did upfront medical but did not upload until it was requested for by IRCC, However I had the understanding that once you completed medicals, IRCC has access to it once the result is ready.
Please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
UrekMazino:
Yes...
Except if you have a sponsor that can help reduce the financial burden, if not it will be difficult to convince the vo with that amount.
It would have been easier if you are going for a one year program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 6:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
chigrad:
Hi all,
Is it ok if one has an express entry account and apply for study permit?
Or is it advisable to cancel the express entry account before applying for study permit.
Secondly if one decides to do upfront medicals, Does the hospital immediately send/upload the result to IRCC or can IRCC only get the result only when you have uploaded it?
I ask because someone said he/she did upfront medical but did not upload until it was requested for by IRCC, However I had the understanding that once you completed medicals, IRCC has access to it once the result is ready.
Please advise.

Firstly, you have the right to dual intent according to IRCC, this means that you can have an active express entry profile and still apply for a study permit. In My case I had and still have an active express entry profile and still got approval. Secondly, when you do an upfront medical, the hospital sends your result to the CIC database for easy access and during your application you upload the slip the hospital gave you as evidence. As per the person that didn't upload his/hers, it simply means the person did not do an upfront medical before applying. As a result, he/she did so after applying and is probably waiting for a medical request before uploading the slip. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 7:49pm On Feb 29, 2020
i was bounced twice last year, i'ld like to know if these people are still giving study permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ron5ke: 8:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
Must I go to Alagbon before I get the Police Clearance certificate??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sim2003: 8:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
vickyehi:

If you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent resident then yes. If not then you may have to use the companies.

Please Can I have ur whatsapp number sir? I want you to help me proofread my letter of explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
It's good to be back.. who missed me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:03pm On Feb 29, 2020
ron5ke:
Must I go to Alagbon before I get the Police Clearance certificate??

If u are in lagos.. YES!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
holllowu:
i was bounced twice last year, i'ld like to know if these people are still giving study permit.
Lol.. sorry for the bouncing but the good thing is u bounce back in the end.. yes they are.. you just have to be positive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 10:19pm On Feb 29, 2020
mybad:
Hello Experts in the house.
Can someone assist with advice on a two year program that will:-
1) Guarantee me admission in no time.
2) IELTS free or flexible
3) Economically possible tuition
4) Allows for work and study
5) 100% guaranteed travel within the year 2020

1) do a course related to your bsc
2) IELTS is not compulsory or required in a study visa as long as your courses were taught in English
3) Canadian education is not cheap but not expensive as well... so if u are looking for cheap, it depends on the province the school is located..Ottawa is expensive, newfound land is not etc
4) as long as you have a study visa, u are automatically issued a work permit. Therefore u are going to be working and schooling simultaneously
5) it's dependent on when u start applying. If u start now, by September u are out of Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oilyngbati(m): 10:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
UrekMazino:
Yes...
When you’re ready to apply for school in Canada, just go for a 2-year program in any college outside of Ontario. It’s cheaper, stay away from 4-year university because the funds you will need to present at the embassy is too high.
College programs are cheaper and since it’s only for 2yrs, you’re only required to show proof of funds for 2yrs as opposed to proof of funds for 4yrs. Besides, colleges are cheaper than universities and you can always transfer to university after your 2yrs of college. In that case, all you need to get your BSc is additional 2yrs of study in the university, since you already have 2yr-diploma from a college.
This was how I did mine. I graduated from a Canadian college (2yrs) and transferred to a university in the US to obtain my BSc within 1.5yrs. Good luck and wishing you all the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jtown442(m): 11:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
Jtown442:
advice needed,my company wants to sponsor me to Canada for one year diploma course in film directing which is related to my work in the company and I have submitted my documents to Newfoundland university yesterday,waiting for admission, and I’m 21
ps.i finished sec school 2012,then went into skills learning (photography and video editing ) now they want me to start directing musical videos ,please what are my chances to Canada or should I look elsewhere thanks

Please someone help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oilyngbati(m): 11:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
Another thing/advice to all who are already in Canadian schools (colleges and universities)is to be actively engaged in your school’s sports activities, be it soccer/football , track and field. Many schools in the US will offer you full scholarship once you are good in your chosen sports.

I’m a recipient of US full scholarship via football/soccer after my college education in Canada. The Nova Scotia community college has a very good soccer/football program and sometimes they play matches against community college teams from the Eastern USA. So get involved in your school sports teams, you never know what opportunities awaits you in that aspect.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 11:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
oilyngbati:
Another thing/advice to all who are already in Canadian schools (colleges and universities)is to be actively engaged in your school’s sports activities, be it soccer/football , track and field. Many schools in the US will offer you full scholarship once you are good in your chosen sports.

I’m a recipient of US full scholarship via football/soccer after my college education in Canada. The Nova Scotia community college has a very good soccer/football program and sometimes they play matches against community college teams from the Eastern USA. So get involved in your school sports teams, you never know what opportunities awaits you in that aspect.

Thanks for this.

Can a 30 year old Post-graduate student play school soccer?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oilyngbati(m): 11:45pm On Feb 29, 2020
governorudeh:

Thanks for this.

Can a 30 year old Post-graduate student play school soccer?
you can, but I don’t think you can get a scholarship for post grad. I got mine over 10yrs ago when I was in my late teens and it was for undergrad. But no harm in trial

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.