Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1050133 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chimzy4real: 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Thanks
Luckymama:

First thing to do is to research the faculty. Check them on google. If you can find any of their papers online read as many as you can. From the information you get from them you can now draft your research interests such that it will catch the attention of the supervisor you are targeting.

,e.g during my undergraduate program I studied.......and ........ l wrote my project on ...... and ....... While researching for my project I became intrigued by ......:....... (topic close to the professor you are targeting’s area of research). I therefore decided to pursue a Masters program on.......
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OnyinyeDebabe: 5:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ok. You can send your enquiry to fancymee8@gmail.com
Jermaie0009:

Yes, I want to confirm something from you about the diploma program you applying for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by glam12: 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Happy Easter everyone!
Please I need advice on how to package my study visa. I just got an acceptance offer from University of Winnipeg for a PACE post graduate diploma program?

My issue is how to package my funds in preparation for the visa. I am getting the money I will need from a friend, not related to me in any way. I am wondering how that would fly. Is it better that she transfers the money to my account and how long do I need to have it there before I can print the account statement to apply for the study permit? Or is it better to use the persons account statement directly? Also I am thinking about including the person in my CV as an employer?

Also, please does anyone have any experience with the university of winnipeg PACE programs? I realized it is just 12 months so I can only get a 1 year post graduate work permit. I was hoping to get atleast 2 years work permit to give me enough time to tidy up PR. But I guess they are ways around this.

In the spirit of Easter I await your kind responses guys. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Admin9:
Happy Ester,

I have been following this thread. I have drafted my SOP as concise as possible and it has run to about 7 pages. An agent recommended that i make it 2 pages max. I am just wondering how i could do that because i might end up removing vital information.

Also, how risky is it to have three sponsors?

What do you think?

If you are a first time applicant, I see no reason why you should write 7 pages. That is information overload, totally unnecessary.

If you are reapplying, you will definitely need to write more and address issues raised by the Visa officer. However, 7 pages still too much. That's about 3,500 words. Please note, there Is no word limit for LOE but make sure your information is straight to the point and not filled with things not related to your application.

If you write too much, you may end up leaving the visa officer asking more questions than answers.

Although, If you feel convinced to write 7 pages, please go ahead. I have seen someone with over 6 pages of LOE on this forum approved. Just make sure it is well spaced and arrange each sections properly using subheadings.

Can you use 3 sponsors? On CIC website, there is no limit on number of sponsors an applicant can use but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Take a step back and try to see your application through the eyes of a visa officer and you will get answers to most of your questions. What impression does an applicant with 3 sponsor give a visa officer? Who are the 3 sponsors?

My opinion, use a max of 2 sponsors. If you cannot, you can try your luck with 3. Luck/grace also plays a role in this process. All the best and Happy Easter.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by blessbunmi(f): 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by blessbunmi(f): 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
blessbunmi:
Hello gurus in the house, happy easter.

I am already filling my IMM form for my master study permit and I would like who I should fill as my sponsor. Should I fill myself or my brother.

I obtained a study leave with pay, got letter of introduction from my boss and will obtain a study loan from my cooperative society but my brother have transferred 1m to my account. Hence, should I use myself or my brother as my sponsor?

AbigealTobs:

How did you come about a student leave with pay ? What do you mean. ? And what document to prove it?

I got a study leave with my workplace for the two years of my study and my salary will still be running. I have a letter to that effect.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Admin9: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

If you are a first time applicant, I see no reason why you should write 7 pages. That is information overload, totally unnecessary.

If you are reapplying, you will definitely need to write more and address issues raised by the Visa officer. However, 7 pages still too much. That's about 3,500 words. Please note, there Is no word limit for LOE but make sure your information is straight to the point and not filled with things not related to your application.

If you write too much, you may end up leaving the visa officer asking more questions than answers.

Although, If you feel convinced to write 7 pages, please go ahead. I have seen someone with over 6 pages of LOE on this forum approved. Just make sure it is well spaced and arrange each sections properly using subheadings.

Can you use 3 sponsors? On CIC website, there is no limit on number of sponsors an applicant can use but wisdom is profitable to direct.
Take a step back and try to see your application through the eyes of a visa officer and you will get answers to most of your questions. What impression does an applicant with 3 sponsor give a visa officer? Who are the 3 sponsors?

My opinion, use a max of 2 sponsors. If you cannot, you can try your luck with 3. Luck/grace also plays a role in this process. All the best and Happy Easter.

Okay. I will have to cut-out some information. I just hope i won't be cutting out important things.

I tried as much as possible to explain everything in my LOE using sub-headings. I just hope i am doing the right thing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AbigealTobs: 11:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
blessbunmi:

I got a study leave with my workplace for the two years of my study and my salary will still be running. I have a letter to that effect.

Oh please could you describe how the letter should be written?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pepper247(f): 11:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
Good day house ,
Pls help a sister I’m a prospective graduate student bsc economics with a cgpa 3.39 my question is will I get admission to a Canada university if yes pls i need ur help thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gregsamo(m): 1:23am On Apr 13, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Nice one... we have nothing to worry about

Dear NwanyiOkpa, pls, I need to contact you for some guidance. My email is gregsamo231@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Mine is 6 pages. I hope it's good enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AbigealTobs: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

How do you guys write 6 to 7 pages won’t the reader get bored?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:44am On Apr 13, 2020
AbigealTobs:

How do you guys write less than that? can i get a template of yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 10:18am On Apr 13, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

There is nothing to be worried about if you think everything in the letter is what the visa officer should know. I don't know your situation, so I cannot comment if 6 pages is good or not.

Tips:
Make sure you use a good font size, paragraphs after 8-10 lines, subtopics to make it easy for the visa officer to read.

Read you letter again to make sure you are not repeating information.

I will suggest you give someone on/outside this forum your letter to have a second look. You don't have to pay for this. It could be a friend or family member.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 10:37am On Apr 13, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

Be strong and try not to lose focus if the heart still desire. However, appealing can drag to a lenthy extent and that can frustrate you reapplying ASAP. BTW if I understand you, appealing and reapplying within 3wks may not be possible considering the fact that the appeal period must be over before a new application can be submitted.

All the best

Thanks, so you suggest I should just reapply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

There is nothing to be worried about if you think everything in the letter is what the visa officer should know. I don't know your situation, so I cannot comment if 6 pages is good or not.

Tips:
Make sure you use a good font size, paragraphs after 8-10 lines, subtopics to make it easy for the visa officer to read.

Read you letter again to make sure you are not repeating information.

I will suggest you give someone on/outside this forum your letter to have a second look. You don't have to pay for this. It could be a friend or family member.

Thank you. I am using cambria, font 11

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
You’re right. He or she will just drop it
AbigealTobs:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gregsamo(m): 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Thank you. I am using cambria, font 11

Dear NwanyiOkpa, why aren’t you responding to me? I just want to make private enquiries as regards MUN application process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
Why don’t you just make your enquires here for gurus to respond? Nwanyiokpa is a fellow applicant & won’t know so much.

gregsamo:

Dear NwanyiOkpa, why aren’t you responding to me? I just want to make private enquiries as regards MUN application process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
gregsamo:

So sorry.

Please kindly state your concerns here so that we all can tackle it together.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by governorudeh: 1:22pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hello @Luckymama and other gurus that filled the online application.

Please I want to upload the form via online application. It still doesn't allow me to fill on my details.

It is just very stiff.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP, HOW DID YOU GUYS DO IT

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
governorudeh:
Hello @Luckymama and other gurus that filles the online application.

Please I want to upload the form via online application. It still doesn't allow me to fill on my details.

It is just very stiff.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP, HOW DID YOU GUYS DO IT

The system prompt says, you should activate JavaScript.
If you don't know how to get their, goto search in your computer, type JavaScript, if you have to update, install, or activate.
Do it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SilaV: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good day everyone, please I have a quick question as regard Proof of Fund. I got approved by Mpower Finance for a student loan into one of its participating universities in Canada. How does this impact on approval for Study Permit? Actually, I was admitted into a thesis program, and the department has asked me to apply for the departmental funding ( Graduate Assistantship) in late July/early August, but I think waiting till around that time before applying for study permit may be a bit late. So, what advice does gurus in the house have for me in this regard? Should I go ahead and use Mpower Finance student loan or I should wait till August, get a GA ( covers for tuition + stipend of about 5400 per Term) before applying? Does anyone know individuals who used the likes of Mpower Finance, Prodigy Fianance, or any other student loan banks for international students and got approved?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cflow10: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good afternoon house,
Please I have an admission for the fall semester in memorial university of Newfoundland. I would appreciate if I could be given a break down of the visa application process. Whether it’s better to apply online or through the paper route? How much is expected to have in your account? Tips on writing the sop/loe? I would really appreciate any information I can get.
Thank you house.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Cflow10:
Good afternoon house,
Please I have an admission for the fall semester in memorial university of Newfoundland. I would appreciate if I could be given a break down of the visa application process. Whether it’s better to apply online or through the paper route? How much is expected to have in your account? Tips on writing the sop/loe? I would really appreciate any information I can get.
Thank you house.

What course? Is it masters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OluwaFavored: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hi House and guru like @Frankrobbn1, as I prepare gradually to apply for the SP, I have below questions please,

1. Sponsorship: My total money (both tuition and LE) for the 1st comes from school funding and myself (personal account) second year tuition is 75% funded and indicated in acceptance letter. In this case, who do I use as sponsor? myself? other? or family?. I wanted to add my uncle as co-sponsor basically for LE in second year if I will ever need money from another person in that second year.

2. EE prfile: What do you suggest I do with the EE profile? Do I withdraw it and include UCI number or leave it as it is? which one is better from experience?

3. Cost of Study section in the app form has tuition, room and board and other, there was no other expenses stated in my acceptance letter, only tuition and referred me to cic site for guidance. Now, do I put my tuition, LE as room and board? what do I now put in "other"?
Again,it required cost of my studies, is it for the whole program (2yrs) or just for the first year?

4. Lastly , I'm married with a kid before traveling to US and they are at home in Nigeria, but the marriage was a traditional one and there is no certificate from the court yet, I was lazy to do that before I eventually traveled. Now, do I indicate status as married or Common-Law? They will request for marriage certificate if I indicate married and Statutory declaration of C-L if I choose that. Challenge will be that how do we sign Declaration while we are apart in US and Nigeria? Can they accept two different declaration? one from here and another from Nigeria?

Thanks so much as usual, I appreciate. So sorry for the length. @Frankrobbn1 and other experience folks, please, help.
OluwaFavored:
Thanks so much @Frankrobbn1 for this detailed response. I appreciate you and every other person that commented and will comment.

As you rightly said and also in my earlier post, I really need someone to work with and I appreciate if you can or know someone that you can recommend to me. I really need to turn-in a convincing application first time.

Thank you once again.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chimzy4real: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please What course dis you apply for?

Cflow10:
Good afternoon house,
Thank you house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cflow10: 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Chimzy4real:
Please What course dis you apply for?

Oil and Gas Engineering

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.