Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:15 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1484063 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee(f): 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hey guys good evening... How can one track their application online?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
Wife's Documentations:

1. Letter of introduction from her office(Civil Servant) listing our names and passport numbers
2. 6 Months payslips
3. Employment letter, previous and present and copy of staff ID Card
4. Property documents
5. 6 Months salary and savings accounts statements(showing monthly allowances from me to her)
6. Her birth certificate and the children's
7. Few copies of wedding pics and marriage certificates(Church and Registry)
8. Pension savings account statement
9.Sponsorship letter and documents from me

Mine as sponsor:

1. Letter of introduction from my workplace listing their names and passport numbers stating the period of travel and also emphasizing that I am sponsoring the trip
2. 6 Months payslips and 6 months salary, savings and dom account statements
3. Pension savings account statement/properties documents/TB documents
4. Copy of my passport data page/UK Visa page/copy of my staff ID Card
5. Wrote a well-detailed sponsorship letter showing the sources of funding for the trip and noting that I am fully sponsoring, meaning, DW is not spending a dime her fund
6. Evidence of previous travel history as a family together

Children:

1. Letter of introductions from schools listing siblings and parents traveling together and giving content for the absence from school during the period
2.Birth certificates(Uploaded for everyone)
3.Their FD statements
4. Mine sponsorship documents as listed above were uploaded for each of the 4 applicants
5. Family pictures showing everyone together(This was uploaded for everyone)

Just all I can remember now. quote author=adegbitetunji post=83658332]Please documents submitted...

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 6:48pm On Nov 01, 2019
Wife's Documentations:

1. Letter of introduction from her office(Civil Servant) listing our names and passport numbers
2. 6 Months payslips
4. Property documents
5. 6 Months salary and savings accounts statements(showing monthly allowances from me to her)

Mine as sponsor:

1. Letter of introduction from my workplace listing their names and passport numbers stating the period of travel and also emphasizing that I am sponsoring the trip
5. Wrote a well-detailed sponsorship letter showing the sources of funding for the trip and noting that I am fully sponsoring, meaning, DW is not spending a dime her fund

Children:

1. Letter of introductions from schools listing siblings and parents traveling together and giving content for the absence from school during the period
3.Their FD statements
4. Mine sponsorship documents as listed above were uploaded for each of the 4 applicants

Just all I can remember now.
adegbitetunji:
Please documents submitted...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CitySect1(m): 8:33pm On Nov 01, 2019
Good day here.

please help a nephew of mine. This nephew of mine has a UK birth certificate issued at the time of his birth. His dad had a leave to remain status in his Nigerian passport as at the time he was given birth to (which was meant to be renewed yearly) but unfortunately the dad left UK (alongside the mum who was a Nigerian too with a Nigerian passport) when my nephew was around 3years. The dad wasn't issued an ILR before he left. Now, my nephew wants to claim a British citizen, how will he go about it before he does the unthinkable?

Responses from people with vast experience here will be well appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 1blessing: 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
Hello house, please may I know the procedure at which you upload document before biometric using a laptop? Also I am sponsoring myself with hostel booking may I know which category I place these documents? Eg residency, financial, etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seynex01: 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2019
Candybright:
Please help. How do I correct mistake or send update to UK embassy. Bio metrics was done yesterday. 
Where the ask how much you make in a year, I put monthly amount instead of yearly total. I just saw that in my downloaded form. What can I do? URGENT PLEASE @justwise

If you attach a cover letter and you wrote the correct figure in the cover letter it may not count....cos I made such mistake in my additional info but wrote the correct figure in the cover letter and it didn't count. Just be positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 10:35pm On Nov 01, 2019
Seynex01:

If you attach a cover letter and you wrote the correct figure in the cover letter it may not count....cos I made such mistake in my additional info but wrote the correct figure in the cover letter and it didn't count. Just be positive.
I made that mistake in the main form. Where's additional info? Is it the last part that asked if y9u have Any other thing you will like them to know? I didn't mention it in cover letter. Na GOD hand I dey shaa. I'm hopeful for a miracle. I will testify.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyaaliyah: 2:05am On Nov 02, 2019
Hello all,
Pls, I have been self service appointment since 3days now seems no available dates till mid next year. Pls anyone know about this or I am not doing something right. Pls help. Travel date is December. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 02, 2019
Candybright:

I made that mistake in the main form. Where's additional info? Is it the last part that asked if y9u have Any other thing you will like them to know? I didn't mention it in cover letter. Na GOD hand I dey shaa. I'm hopeful for a miracle. I will testify.
Y not send an email to complaints stating your GWF number and other stuff.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2019
iyaaliyah:
Hello all,
Pls, I have been self service appointment since 3days now seems no available dates till mid next year. Pls anyone know about this or I am not doing something right. Pls help. Travel date is December. Thank you

Just keep checking every time, new dates usually become available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pajabs(m): 11:41am On Nov 02, 2019
@justwise and other expert in the house. Please kindly go through this my refusal letter and clarify the reason for the refusal because I don’t just understand. And no right ofappeal.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by radhikasharma: 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2019
If you are making plans to travel anywhere else then must see the best Quotes for traveling...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
good afternoon house abeg help me out on this issue,

husband applied for uk visit visa and was granted and he hasnt travel with the visa, now he wanted to apply for his full house maker (wife) so that dy can travel together.

please how will they go about it..?

who is travelling with you question how will they answer that?

and if she answered that shes travelling with the hubby, wn it reaches time to pay will she pay for her own alone?

NB....the hubby will be the sponsor

help please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
pajabs:
@justwise and other expert in the house. Please kindly go through this my refusal letter and clarify the reason for the refusal because I don’t just understand. And no right ofappeal.

My brother, One Love.
But let me correct you with love and also with the truth.
Your application was shaft to the VO.
In the first paragraph, they VO noted that your application didn't even carry information that would able them know if you cleared for entry.
Secondly brother, the financial situation you used is slim, very slim.
Now UK has a way of reviewing your financial records and they did it here again.
Please to everyone reading this, if your total expenses for the Visit trip is more than or almost 2 times of your monthly salary, consider that application refuse except you show you have legit other means of income. If you receive 200k every month and you spend 100k for expenses. How much remains? That's 100k. 100k times 12 is 1.2M. how do you makes 1.2M in a year and spend almost 500k on a visit trip??
Please if you making an application and you don't understand the financial situation, ask someone. That's the problem alot of us had. The Embassy knows how it works, if you don't meet up. You are refuse.

I'm sorry to hear that bro.
All the best

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hottdawgg: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
obiz0819:
Good evening all!

As an update on my Complaints to Home Office against the reasons for my refusal, I sent out the mail on Sept 19. So last week while I was out of the country on official assignment, "an oyinbo person" called my organization and my colleague that picked the call, disclosed that she was asked details about my position, number of years I had worked at the organization and my salary.

All the info she provided corresponded to the details I had earlier provided in my application except for the salary, which she told the person, she doesn't have access to such information. The office line is designed in such a way that any staff can pick incoming calls

Moving forward, 2 days ago, I got this generic message from:
UKHUBVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk
Monday (2 days ago)

Dear

Your UK visa application has been concluded by Visits UK and will shortly be dispatched.
Votre demande de visa a ete traitee par notre service Visites Visa UK et la decision vous sera communiquee dans les plus brefs delais.Veuillez s il vous plait lire les instructions concernant la recuperation de votre passport......

I was already jubilating on how I would tell my success story here grin

Only for me to get another mail today again from Complaints via homeoffice.gov.uk

CMS Reference:

HO Reference:

Dear ....

Thank you for your email correspondence of 19 September where you have raised a complaint about the refusal of your Entry Clearance application.

We apologize for the error you have identified in the original refusal notice. An updated decision notice has been sent to you.

The onus in on visa applicants to demonstrate their circumstances are as claimed. There is no obligation upon decision makers to verify employment along the lines suggested by you in your complaint.

Moreover, at no point does the refusal notice challenge your employment as claimed or that you do not have sufficient funds available to cover the expenses of the proposed visit. Employment was not an area of concern and therefore the Decision Maker did not need to make any checks. (But note that they called my office oo)

If you can address the concerns raised in the refusal notice, it is open to you to make a new application which will be assessed on its merits.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter but I am unable to uphold your complaint.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. (My other complaint on the miscalculation of my planned expenditure and monthly income was not addressed). However if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter.

I really dont understand how to proceed cos it seems there is a gap between the first mail I got on Monday and today's mail from Home Office. I have attached the refusal letter and the complaint letter I sent to HO for aid our delibrations @justwise and others please help

First all I have to admit my complete novice status in all these. However when a request is made on how much you intend to spend they want to know the cost of your return ticket, accommodation, and the amount u intend to spend on feeding, not just the 200k u planned to spend on shopping . It appears the eco made her own deductions and decided it will be as much as 4-5x your monthly income. But then again we have no way of knowing since it was not explicitly stated probably because they think most refusals are not appealed. In the circumstances you can milk the refusal letter for all that it's worth. Good luck. Keep us posted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2019
Justblow:

For question one, father circumstances changed, he is no longer taking responsibility, you are now in charge of that

Ignore paragraph two, once you state he is now dependent on you, its a enough, as too much information at times confused the ECO.

Collect all the receipt of rent payment, at least the ones you can lay your hands on

Would a letter from my mum + her passport bio data page + my brothers birth certificate suffice (he is older brother but has medical condition) suffice as ties alongside with proof of monthly stipend?....... This is solid.

I have stated in my invitation letter that my mum lives at home with my dad. Should I also state that my brother lives with them?

In that invitation letter, I also stated that I am financially responsible for my brother.

Can you advise if I should state that the 50k + 50k i send to both my dad and mum is to financially support my mum, dad and my brother? Or should it state that its for my mum and dad only?

Kindly advise please as this is the last bit of this application before I submit it. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2019
hosey:

Y not send an email to complaints stating your GWF number and other stuff.
I did and got a response that they can't do anything or update my profile since it's been submitted and biometrics done. Faith is all I've got right now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
pajabs:
287k salary with monthly spending of 100k leaving you with balnace of 187k and you were supposed to spend about 400k meaning you will be spending more than 2times your disposable income.

This has been said repeatedly here that YOU MUST NOT SPEND MORE THAN TWICE YOUR DISPOSABLE INCOME.
Sorry for your refusal

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 5:57pm On Nov 02, 2019
Vicas2000:

I have stated in my invitation letter that my mum lives at home with my dad. Should I also state that my brother lives with them?

In that invitation letter, I also stated that I am financially responsible for my brother.

Can you advise if I should state that the 50k + 50k i send to both my dad and mum is to financially support my mum, dad and my brother? Or should it state that its for my mum and dad only?

Kindly advise please as this is the last bit of this application before I submit it. Thanks.

What's your monthly income?
What's your expenses monthly?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2019
josiahese:

What's your monthly income?
What's your expenses monthly?

I am the one inviting my dad to the UK. I have sufficient salary to fund the trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kodia007(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Am sincerely appreciate your efforts on this platform, u guys are great helping others to solve there visa's obstacle, kindly help me for this, am applying for tourist UK visa, but am self employed without company registered but the biz am going involve big cash,only my 6months running account is very much big. I have persona tax clearance. Plss help me out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luxxycool(m): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2019
Hello house, I applied for a tier 2 dependant visa but decided to cancel the application because plans changed. I'll be applying again by Dec. I got a refund for the visa fee but not the IHS. My question is, do I need to take any step for IHS to be refunded or its going to be automatic like the visa fee. Its exactly 32days that I cancelled.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adegbitetunji(m): 7:07pm On Nov 02, 2019
Thanks

ozymes:
Wife's Documentations:

2. 6 Months payslips
4. Property documents

Mine as sponsor:

Children:

3.Their FD statements

Just all I can remember now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
Kodia007:
Am sincerely appreciate your efforts on this platform, u guys are great helping others to solve there visa's obstacle, kindly help me for this, am applying for tourist UK visa, but am self employed without company registered but the biz am going involve big cash,only my 6months running account is very much big. I have persona tax clearance. Plss help me out.

Please let me make you aware of this.
Big credit in your account does not move the VO.
What you should note is that, every money in your account should be fixed. The VO do not want to see inconsistent crediting .
All the "big money" like you said should come with a deposit receipt if available or a written reference letter from the bank.
Now, take note: your total expenditure in the UK should not exceed a monthly income.
That's it.
If you total trip exceed your monthly salary or almost two times your monthly intake, then it won't be greeted well. That's a trick you should know.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2019
Vicas2000:
All the gurus in the house...please kindly advise on the below pretty pleaseeeee:

In June 2017, I invited my dad to visit me in the UK for three weeks, but his visa was refused.

I submitted...

1. my bank statement
2. Proof of mortgage
3. Six month payslip
4. Letter of invitation

My dad is in his 70's. A retired business trader and currently relies on me for Monthly stipend which I send via western union online to his bank acount every month.

At the time of filling the form back then. On the form..he was asked if anyone depends on him and lives with him at home and also if he had any family ties.

He 'put' on the form..Yes

And he stated in the additional information that my mum and my immediate elder brother (in his 30's) who is visually impaired 'depend' and lives at home with him as my brother needs care as a result of his medical condition. my dad stated this as family ties and he will be coming back to Nigeria.

At the time...my dad did not realise that 'dependent' as stated on the form means 'financially dependent'.

At the time...he did not submit his bank statement or any proof to show my brothers medical records.

I didn't raise an eye brow on this at the time of that application in 2017 as I had one year earlier invited my mum and she was granted a visa without submitting any of her bank statement as I was sponsoring her entire trip.

I now know better about submitting lots of proofs after reading and following this thread for the past three months!

I am now looking to invite him again. I will be sponsoring his entire trip including flight. Accommodation. Feeding.

This time looking to supply the following....

1. Mortgage statement

2. Current account And savings account Statement with £5,000 balance (will transfer £1,500 from savings to current and then to my dad's account to support his flight ticket)

3. Letter of invitation

4. Payslip six month

5. Flight itinerary

6. 12 months Proof of monthly stipend receipts that I send monthly to him

My dad will be submitting the following

1. a cover letter addressing the 2017 refusal and stating that he retired from trading business and does not have a pension and relies on stipend from me. And that he misunderstood the question that while my brother lives at home...he (dad) is not financially responsible for him as my dad is retired. The finance that care for my brother comes from monthly stipend I send to my parents every month.

2. Six Bank statement that shows the monthly stipend I send to him

3. Bank statement that shows stipends I send to my mum too

4. A medical certificate for my brother from a private hospital where he does his monthly medical check up

5. Letter from my mum stating she will care for my brother while my dad is away on this trip (please note that my mum has visited the UK since then and on her own form, she filled that "no one is financially dependent on her as she is a home maker/housewife)

I have attached the refusal letter from 2017 to this post

Will the fact that my elder brother living at home affect my dad's application as my dad is retired?

Also, I am trying to fill his application form right now and the form says:

Does anyone rely on you for financial support? This include children over 18 who live with you at home.

Should the answer be YES or NO?

Can you good people in the house kindly advise on what else I need to add as documentation and if I am missing anything out.

I will appreciate every help I can get.

Thanks very much.

In the new application, on the question: Does anyone rely on you for financial support? This include children over 18 who live with you at home.

My dad has selected NO.

And in the additional information, he stated the following:
-----
I am no longer financially responsible for the dependent. This responsibility is covered by my son in the UK as he sends me & my wife a monthly allowance for the 3 of us (Me, my wife & dependent). I have included mine & my wife's bank statement to demonstrate this.
-----

Would the above explanation be ok? As I send both my mum and dad 50k each monthly that covers for my brother who is the dependent in this situation? Or should my dad state that the allowance is just for my mum and dad and no mention of dependent brother?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CitySect1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2019
CitySect1:
Good day here.

please help a nephew of mine. This nephew of mine has a UK birth certificate issued at the time of his birth. His dad had a leave to remain status in his Nigerian passport as at the time he was given birth to (which was meant to be renewed yearly) but unfortunately the dad left UK (alongside the mum who was a Nigerian too with a Nigerian passport) when my nephew was around 3years. The dad wasn't issued an ILR before he left. Now, my nephew wants to claim a British citizen, how will he go about it before he does the unthinkable?

Responses from people with vast experience here will be well appreciated.

please help someone here oooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 9:01pm On Nov 02, 2019
Please it's really urgent. Someone online should kindly respond asap.

Good evening. My acquaintance is applying for a UK Visa. We just made visa payment and we are in the TLS portal to select appointment date(Assisted Service). We have seen a date, a message popped up: You are selecting an ASSISTED SERVICE date for 8am with charges, if we click yes, hope the said charges is just the initial 10k TLS assisted service fee selected?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 9:15pm On Nov 02, 2019
Success2011:
Please it's really urgent. Someone online should kindly respond asap.

Good evening. My acquaintance is applying for a UK Visa. We just made visa payment and we are in the TLS portal to select appointment date(Assisted Service) . We have seen a date a mesaage popped up: You are selecting an ASSISTED SERVICE date for 8am with charges, if we click yes, hope the said charges is just the initial 10k TLS assisted service fee selected?
I believe the total sum of what you will pay will be shown before you proceed to confirm your appointment. I think you should pick time from 9:30. Don't pick 9am and 12pm as that's for super priority. If you do, when you get there, you MUST pay 42k or go back and reschedule another free date.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kodia007(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2019
Thank for your respond, it was not a deposit but the cash flow in the account is much. I mean deposit and withdraw as a business man.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
Kindly assist

opomulero:
good afternoon house abeg help me out on this issue,

husband applied for uk visit visa and was granted and he hasnt travel with the visa, now he wanted to apply for his full house maker (wife) so that dy can travel together.

please how will they go about it..?

who is travelling with you question how will they answer that?

and if she answered that shes travelling with the hubby, wn it reaches time to pay will she pay for her own alone?

NB....the hubby will be the sponsor

help please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by josiahese(m): 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
opomulero:
Kindly assist

Let her apply alone.

She should include in her cover letter that her husband already has Visa but due to her not been available for the trip, he didn't go.
Let him give a copy of his bio page and visa and attach it.
His wife should carry all relevant documents to show she has ties with Nigeria , like current job and people who depend on her.

She would most likely be given. 98%.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2019
Thank you so much. It ended successfully. God bless
Candybright:

I believe the total sum of what you will pay will be shown before you proceed to confirm your appointment. I think you should pick time from 9:30. Don't pick 9am and 12pm as that's for super priority. If you do, when you get there, you MUST pay 42k or go back and reschedule another free date.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.