Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,111 members, 7,880,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1478444 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2020
@johnade you can cancel the application if the passport number on your application is incorrect. Then fill out a new application. You would get a refund in about 28 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abeoladele: 2:54pm On Jan 24, 2020
House pls help ooo. My 6 month's visa just expired and I'm planning to renew . Is it possible I applied for 5 years? Instead of 2 years .

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2020
oyin000000:
Good afternoon everyone. Please do we upload our checklist with the application? Also what documents are we meant to take to tls?

House please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 7:02pm On Jan 24, 2020
Abeoladele:
House pls help ooo. My 6 month's visa just expired and I'm planning to renew . Is it possible I applied for 5 years? Instead of 2 years .
Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 8:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
Mutual funds are redeemable within minutes or hours of putting in a request and fund managers now send letters to the embassies stating same so why can't it be available for travel?

The reason why most ECOs refuse it is because the applicant probably does not have satisfactory source of income with which s/he invested in mutual funds. For example, if an applicant is not one that gets a steady income and all of a sudden there's a large deposit in his or her account and end up using that to invest in mutual funds within days or a month before before interview ....the ECO will treat it as suspicious inflow.

On the other hand, if I'm a worker receiving steady income and I invest part of it on a regular basis before going for the interview, I see no reason why I should be denied. If treasury bill certificates in applicants name is not rejected, I don't think Mutual Funds will be any exception.

If I state clearly in my cover letter that due to the volatility of the banking sector and the need to see my funds yield good investments to foot my bills for a vacation rather than let it lie idle in the bank account, I don't think I would be turned back. You don't just present documents and bank statements to ECO and expect him or her to see the same picture as you are. You need to explain and build a tangible business case for them to be in sync with you.

Also, you don't need to have funds in your bank account before being granted a visa. Many with millions in their bank account had been refused and had published same here times without number. All the ECO want to see is that applicant has a steady job or business to return to after holiday as a proof of strong ties and that s/he has enough funds to foot the bills for the holiday and not having to resort to public funds.

giselle237:
U can’t quote the money in the mutual funds certificate as the money you intend to use for the travel. Haba oga! denials here cause of this. ECO visibly said in the refusal letters, that they are not sure the money will be accessible despite the applicants presenting letters to say the funds can be released in even less than 48 hours if need be.. ECO still said No, that they not sure of financial status and denied the visa. They said tht the funds are not palpable.
If you have separate savings for the travel, yes you can then use the certificate as proof of asset/home ties.You can’t appear for tourist visa at the embassy with no money in your bank account and present mutual funds certificate as the money you intend using to travel..
pls show us someone that used only funds certificate and got tourist visa, asin no bank account with money. .. this is what I’m interested in
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
giselle237:
U can’t quote the money in the mutual funds certificate as the money you intend to use for the travel. Haba oga! denials here cause of this. ECO visibly said in the refusal letters, that they are not sure the money will be accessible despite the applicants presenting letters to say the funds can be released in even less than 48 hours if need be.. ECO still said No, that they not sure of financial status and denied the visa. They said tht the funds are not palpable.
If you have separate savings for the travel, yes you can then use the certificate as proof of asset/home ties.You can’t appear for tourist visa at the embassy with no money in your bank account and present mutual funds certificate as the money you intend using to travel..
pls show us someone that used only funds certificate and got tourist visa, asin no bank account with money. .. this is what I’m interested in

Please am in need of some one who can assist me out of my cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
Big big talk. For UK visa you do! Show your genuine funds and its origin. You need to show that. pls nobody should go there with zero account balance and say he doesn’t need to have funds in his account or that he has only mutual funds certificate to present..
Again I say, stop speaking on possibilities et probabilities... if it’s not too much hassle, kindly show me one person that got tourist visa in 2019 strictly by showing mutual funds certificate or that presented a zero account balance as STANDALONE financial document.
We are not speaking of home ties.. oh my God.
Many that had millions you say that were refused probably showed lack of evidence to back up compilation of such amounts of money or multiple inexplainable credits... that’s not for u to say they dont need to have funds in their account. O mase! Do so at their risk. U dont have funds and want to go for holiday... na wa!
This kain talk... na home ties go buy plane ticket...
bigtt76:

Also, you don't need to have funds in your bank account before being granted a visa. Many with millions in their bank account had been refused and had published same here times without number. All the ECO want to see is that applicant has a steady job or business to return to after holiday as a proof of strong ties and that s/he has enough funds to foot the bills for the holiday and not having to resort to public funds.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
No point arguing with you! You sound like one who can't have a constructive discourse without retorting to foul language, not cut out for that. Have your way and a good evening. kiss

giselle237:
Big big talk. For UK visa you do! Show your genuine funds and its origin. You need to show that. pls nobody should go there with zero account balance and say he doesn’t need to have funds in his account or that he has only mutual funds certificate to present..
Again I say, stop speaking on possibilities et probabilities... if it’s not too much hassle, kindly show me one person that got tourist visa in 2019 strictly by showing mutual funds certificate or that presented a zero account balance as STANDALONE financial document.
We are not speaking of home ties.. oh my God.
Many that had millions you say that were refused probably showed lack of evidence to back up compilation of such amounts of money or multiple inexplainable credits... that’s not for u to say they dont need to have funds in their account. O mase! Do so at their risk. U dont have funds and want to go for holiday... na wa!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:40pm On Jan 24, 2020
The only reason I am responding is because you just tried to defame my character, you did it subtly but noticeable enough to be picked. Next, I celebrate you for being able to have a constructive discourse. Congratulations.
I do not do arguments. Sorry. Also, if you probably missed it somehow, there’s no need to egg onto ego and try to dim my lights. Sorry I’ll not play into your hands.
I brought my points to the table and don’t need any sort of approval from anyone... certainly not from you. Good evening.
bigtt76:
No point arguing with you! You sound like one who can't have a constructive discourse without retorting to foul language, not cut out for that. Have your way and a good evening. kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
I'm not trying to defame you or dim your lights ....absolutely no reason for me to do that. Nairaland doesn't pay my bills for me to say my responses must always be correct or I'm regarded as a guru or no it all person ....no but rather for the benefit of all.

Your earlier response using some words or phrases such as embolden below ...points in a direction of one who could fight tooth and nail just to be see as being correct or know it all. I've been on this thread for years and I've not seen Justwise or any other respond in such manner ....but its okay and all for good. kiss ....pls lets not derail this good thread by running back and forth responses. I salute you! kiss

We are not speaking of home ties ..oh my God.

giselle237:
The only reason I am responding is because you just tried to defame my character, you did it subtly but noticeable enough to be picked. Next, I celebrate you for being able to have a constructive discourse. Congratulations.
I do not do arguments. Sorry. Also, if you probably missed it somehow, there’s no need to egg onto ego and try to dim my lights. Sorry I’ll not play into your hands.
I brought my points to the table and don’t need any sort of approval from anyone... certainly not from you. Good evening.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
You have been on this thread for years? Sorry now I understand. Secondly, your continual need to deflect is superb... tooth and nail fight? U must be a stalker. Congratulations and stop quoting me if you dont want a response. You quote giselle237, giselle237 will respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
justwise:
[/b]
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 11:58pm On Jan 24, 2020
oyin000000:
Good afternoon everyone. Please do we upload our checklist with the application? Also what documents are we meant to take to tls?

House kindly assist with this. Also I was just scanning my bank statement. It is about 50 pages. I was on my 20th page and it told me that I could only upload maximum of 20pages for the quality of upload. How do I go about this please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Distinction5050: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2020
Hello house, pls is there anything like freelance visa in Uk and how can one get a freelance permit in Uk. Which state has the lowest cost of living in Uk for freelance?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 8:20am On Jan 26, 2020
greatyou:
Guru's in the house, i need your assistance. i was denied visa based on the information pasted below whereas everything stated there are not what i submitted for review. i filled the form myself and did self upload. Everything in this letter is Ghana (GHS) currency while the form i filled is Nigeria (NGR). i have not been to Ghana and do not have any business in Ghana.
Kindly advice on what to do because they said " there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review" .

Hahaha this is a big mistake by the ECO, a single complaint email or PAP will solve this issue. Once they make mistake like this, no choice to grant you the visa coz they won’t want this to go public. Have experienced it before, don’t mind ECOs, their intention is to refuse without proper assessment of applicant visa form.

You got a strong case to win here bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 8:28am On Jan 26, 2020
Johnadelaide00:
House pls help. I'm scheduled to submit my passport and application at TSL but i jst noticed that d last number on my passport number in application is not the corrcet one. Pls can anything be done or is it negligible

If you made mistake on your application and you submitted, best thing is to cancel it and fill another application form to avoid getting refusal for incorrect info. Also you can try your luck with cover letter to explain it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Darvick:

Hahaha this is a big mistake by the ECO, a single complaint email or PAP will solve this issue. Once they make mistake like this, no choice to grant you the visa coz they won’t want this to go public. Have experienced it before, don’t mind ECOs, their intention is to refuse without proper assessment of applicant visa form.

You got a strong case to win here bro

Stop putting out this sort of misleading information.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 8:32am On Jan 26, 2020
Abeoladele:

Calm down a step after the other, there’s a reason they listed 6months 2years 5years 10years. Even though you apply for for 5yrs after your 6months, they can still give you another 6months or 2years trust me they won’t give you 5years. Don’t be a SKIPPO apply for another 6months or 2years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:38am On Jan 26, 2020
Abeoladele:

Yes you can if you are a frequent traveler or show that you plan to travel frequently to the UK this year onward.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2020
justwise:

Stop putting out this sort of misleading information.

Oga Justwise nothing misleading, it’s an obvious info. Do you think they process third world countries visa application same with western countries, prove me wrong.

They know the desperation that third world countries (developing countries)wanting to move to UK. You can submit everything and still get refused by stating they are not satisfied and doubted you so what you saying?

Share the truth don’t hide it and life goes on.

Even UK immigration lawyers are aware of this and are helping to protest it, infact not only them, it’s obvious to many.

My advice to all applicants should make sure they submit all the right docs and leave nothing out not to allow ECO to have any reasons for silly refusal.

Good example, a student in Nigeria studying will be refused to visit UK but if he moves to Europe to study then his chances of getting UK visit visa from any Europe country would increase. Not just talking ok have experienced many of this scenarios. The ECO do really get hard on applicants from Africa due to record of overstaying and misused of visit visa.

Well known that chances of Africans overstaying and misusing of their visit visa is high, reason they get hard on us while making a decision. So oga Justwise what’s misleading?

Or you think if they issue visa to all applicants that submitted right docs from all countries, won’t UK get full up. Let’s face the reality and hope for the best nothing misleading.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2020
Good morning.
Please my Parents are about submitting their visiting visa application in Nigeria and then I discovered some of their original documents like birth certificates and declaration of age are with me in UK. Please can I send the original copy to the Nigerian Embassy in London or I should just send via DHL to Nigeria cry so that they submit in person?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2020
Darvick:

Oga Justwise nothing misleading, it’s an obvious info. Do you think they process third world countries visa application same with western countries, prove me wrong.

They know the desperation that third world countries (developing countries)wanting to move to UK. You can submit everything and still get refused by stating they are not satisfied and doubted you so what you saying?

Even UK immigration lawyers are aware of this and are helping to protest it, infact not only them, it’s obvious to many.

My advice to all applicants should make sure they submit all the right docs and leave nothing out not to allow ECO to have any reasons for silly refusal.

Good example, a student in Nigeria studying will be refused to visit UK but if he moves to Europe to study then his chances of getting UK visit visa from any Europe country would increase. Not just talking ok have experienced many of this scenarios. The ECO do really get hard on applicants from Africa due to record of overstaying and misused of visit visa.

Well known that chances of Africans overstaying and misusing of their visit visa is high, reason they get hard on us while making a decision. So oga Justwise what’s misleading?

Or you think if they issue visa to all applicants that submitted right docs from all countries, won’t UK get full up. Let’s face the reality and hope for the best nothing misleading.

Everything you said here got nothing to do with your first comment I responded to.

You are just jumping from one issue to another contradicting yourself.

How do you know that the embassy intentionally refused applicants visa without proper processing?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2020
STENON:
Good morning.
Please my Parents are about submitting their visiting visa application in Nigeria and then I discovered some of their original documents like birth certificates and declaration of age are with me in UK. Please can I send the original copy to the Nigerian Embassy in London or I should just send via DHL to Nigeria cry so that they submit in person?

Do that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:30am On Jan 26, 2020
justwise:

Do that
Oh!! embarassed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 10:40am On Jan 26, 2020
STENON:
Good morning.

Did you pick an appointment date yet on the tls website?

If you are yet to....then you can still use self upload of the document digitally and they will appear with just their passport.

With this....you only need to scan their document and upload to the tls website so you don't need to physically present it.

I self uploaded all documents for my dad's application from outside Nigeria and he was granted visa.

But this will only work if you are yet to book an appointment.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oskyworld(m): 10:44am On Jan 26, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:25am On Jan 26, 2020
Darvick:

Of course they handle applications from so-called "high-risk" countries like Nigeria much differently and with more bias than those from other countries not classed as such. That's a given, no need to argue the point further. A lot of the applications turned down here and in other so-called high risk countries would be successful if the applicants either had different nationalities or domiciles. They use AI to filter out those from their so-called high-risk countries and handle them separately.

With respect to the specific case of the error made confusing Nigeria and Ghana, it is arguable that that specific intent to deny may have contributed to the carelessness, but there's no evidence for that. In any event, that person should contact UKVI and point out that their application appears not to have been properly handled, given the glaring error.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2020
greatyou:
Guru's in the house, i need your assistance. i was denied visa based on the information pasted below whereas everything stated there are not what i submitted for review. i filled the form myself and did self upload. Everything in this letter is Ghana (GHS) currency while the form i filled is Nigeria (NGR). i have not been to Ghana and do not have any business in Ghana.
Kindly advice on what to do because they said " there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review" .

Here's a similar case with yours: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/31/home-office-cites-iraq-in-copy-and-paste-refusal-letter-to-jamaican-man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2020
Do 2 years
Darvick:

Calm down a step after the other, there’s a reason they listed 6months 2years 5years 10years. Even though you apply for for 5yrs after your 6months, they can still give you another 6months or 2years trust me they won’t give you 5years. Don’t be a SKIPPO apply for another 6months or 2years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2020
Scan to them and they print out in colors
STENON:
Good morning.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by STENON(f): 12:49pm On Jan 26, 2020
Vicas2000:

Did you pick an appointment date yet on the tls website?

If you are yet to....then you can still use self upload of the document digitally and they will appear with just their passport.

With this....you only need to scan their document and upload to the tls website so you don't need to physically present it.

I self uploaded all documents for my dad's application from outside Nigeria and he was granted visa.

But this will only work if you are yet to book an appointment.
Thank you very much for this advice. I will go with this option, they are yet to book an appointment so it will be easier and cheaper than sending through DHL from here

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.