Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,317 members, 7,887,972 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:10 PM

How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? (47573 Views)

Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) / Please Your Suggestions Are Needed On Gas Filling Business / Which Is More Profitable Between Gas Cooker Filling Business And Bet9ja Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by dominique(f): 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
About 100-150k should do (minus shop rent o)

You need to buy at least 2 50kg cylinders, scale, dispensing hose and taps to fill different types of cylinders. You still need to study under someone rooted in th business so you can learn how the gas is dispensed.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by IamSoProlific: 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

Gas biz?

I have no idea but if you won't mind venturing into kerosene biz too, I will honestly as that you see Ikpeazu for biz advice.

You mean the kerosene governor

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by luluosas(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
When no water lines is connected to our houses from the government, is it a gas line they will run? Abegi
Asquare84:
It will cost almost 3.5 million to construct the gas tank , very soon govt will ban the sale of gas in cylinder and in filling station

9 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by OfficialAPCNig: 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
peekay007:
contact me for a business Plan 08036576218 or nathanielishaya@yahoo.com
Drop a link to one of the businesses you modeled.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
See why people fail? You dont have a business plan where this type of question would be answered?

You didn't state if it is road side gas shop or you want to buy gas tanks (mini gas station).
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Dizzytee: 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2019
Asquare84:
It will cost almost 3.5 million to construct the gas tank , very soon govt will ban the sale of gas in cylinder and in filling station
sori bro, if gas is banned frm people who sale frm cylinder & filling station where do we get gas frm then? pls i need n urgent reply pls

8 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Kayus18:
It depend on how elaborate you want it to be. I just finish my Nysc and I am selling gas too. I bought 50kg cylinder 2. One is 32-35k. I got too for 70k depending on your area you can get it for 32. Buy scale the one you will be using to measure the gas kg for costumer. Either manual or computer scale. Manual 10k. Computer scale 35k buy any one you like. . Then a shop. Which I believe you must have seen a location already. Then look for the nearest gas mega station go there with your empty 100kg. Enter to see them and tell them you are a new dealer and you want to be buying from them. They will register your name and be selling for you in a cheaper rate. 08167848676. That’s my number you can chat me up anytime If anything is confusing you bro. But what I have explain is the most important info you need to know. God bless our hustle
most reasonable answer so far

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Asquare84(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dizzytee:

sori bro, if gas is banned frm people who sale frm cylinder & filling station where do we get gas frm then? pls i need n urgent reply pls

The pictures attached is a gas tank, it will be used for sale of gas, although expensive and you need approval from DPR

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by luminouz(m): 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dizzytee:

undecided
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by LamidicownuBSS: 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2019
What if u want to stop d business,what will u do wit d cylinder?
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Belial06: 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
mikemodel24:
I decided to start a gas filling after studying my environment and also as a fresh graduate. But i need to know what it will cost to start thought i already had a shop. I will need a breakdown of what is needed and probably the cost because the person i try to ask from was not straight with answer. Thanks as you all be contributing to the topic

How much will. It take you to pay an R & D company to give you accurate figures ?
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Rossonero: 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
must u own N8m licence just to sell a cooking gas. Why are people going hyper. The young man wants to just start his small gas refil business this one dey call N8m again. Kilonshe nairalanders na?
Not true. You have just 3 categories of DPR license and the highest is 250k which is the special category.

9 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Rossonero: 11:20pm On Jun 08, 2019
codeworks:
DPR license is about 8 million naira
Not true special category which is the highest of DPR license is 250k Special category

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by sparog(m): 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
Kayus18:
It depend on how elaborate you want it to be. I just finish my Nysc and I am selling gas too. I bought 50kg cylinder 2. One is 32-35k. I got too for 70k depending on your area you can get it for 32. Buy scale the one you will be using to measure the gas kg for costumer. Either manual or computer scale. Manual 10k. Computer scale 35k buy any one you like. . Then a shop. Which I believe you must have seen a location already. Then look for the nearest gas mega station go there with your empty 100kg. Enter to see them and tell them you are a new dealer and you want to be buying from them. They will register your name and be selling for you in a cheaper rate. 08167848676. That’s my number you can chat me up anytime If anything is confusing you bro. But what I have explain is the most important info you need to know. God bless our hustle

God bless you

6 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by davidsOFFICE(m): 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2019
code9:
Please don't go into that business yet. The government is trying to pass a new law regarding the sale of consumer gas. Please check the internet for this info before you cast your stone. Govt. Laws can destroy a business in an instant. Check well.

If you want to go ahead, do a proper research first.

I bet you that petroleum minister idea is not good. They'll put so many people out of business

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Ugosample(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
essenceplus:

Buy a business plan that has everything laid out.
I'm not saying business plan is bad tho...
But I'm not a fan of business plans
it seems too theoretical and all to me..
As one who have run businesses for a while I know for sure that contents id business plan And the realities that HIT YOU when you are operating that business
Is very very WIDE the difference is clear most of the time

7 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by peekay007: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2019
i see ur middle name is Thomas grin grin,let me show u something then
OfficialAPCNig:

Drop a link to one of the businesses you modeled.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by SavageBoy: 12:05am On Jun 09, 2019
Asquare84:

why??
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by wink2015(m): 12:08am On Jun 09, 2019
Nice share !
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by toygod2: 12:12am On Jun 09, 2019
Well, let me give you my own piece of advice.
On the basics you need,
1 - 1 / 2 50kg cylinders
2 - weighing scale
3- Hose and transfer valves
4- Do you have shop?

Well , You can start with 200k plus.

There's gain in the business. If your area is a very clumsy one, you can sell one of Ur 50kg in 1 or 2 days, and on that big cylinder, you should make nothing less than 4k after every of the incurring bills have been settled

6 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Remijuice: 12:17am On Jun 09, 2019
Items For Opening Of Gas Shop

Gas - - - - - - - - - - 12,720
Nido Transfer - - - - - - 3,000
Camp Transfer - - - - - - 3,000
Eagle Transfer - - - - - - 3,000
Scale - - - - - - - - - 27,000
50kg Cylinder - - - - - - - 35,000
Hose - - - - - - - - - - 600
Clip - - - - - - - - - - - - 100
Traed tape - - - - - - 200
Screw driver - - - - - 100
Shifting spanner - - - - - 1,200

Total - - - - - - - - -

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by murphybo(m): 1:01am On Jun 09, 2019
Remijuice:

Total - - - - - - - - -
mikemodel24:
I decided to start a gas filling after studying my environment and also as a fresh graduate. But i need to know what it will cost to start thought i already had a shop. I will need a breakdown of what is needed and probably the cost because the person i try to ask from was not straight with answer. Thanks as you all be contributing to the topic
He has said it all but one thing I.will advise you for now is to wait a bit cos of some mumu policies and stunts DPR is pulling or you just get yourself registered with DPR to avoid future stories or stunts, the listed above are just what you needed but can only make your 50kg be 2 or 3 cos problem of refilling from plant and get cylinders of all sizes for adverts and sales. Cos that's what will make people know what you do and get fire extingusher.
Which state or city are u considering to set up? You also need like 2 to 4 weeks training depending on your smartness to be confident

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by sarrki(m): 1:02am On Jun 09, 2019
License is the major which is around 5 million to 7 million

You can start with a pum or two for Ago and pms

Depending on the location
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by sarrki(m): 1:03am On Jun 09, 2019
Remijuice:

Total - - - - - - - - -

What about the licensing which is the major

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by murphybo(m): 1:12am On Jun 09, 2019
codeworks:
DPR license is about 8 million naira
Wetin happen for retail outlet?
Its less than #10,000 for its category, D

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by PETUK(m): 1:40am On Jun 09, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:
Are you a millionaire?

Hahahahahaha savage
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Kasali226(m): 1:42am On Jun 09, 2019
dapadawee:
220 million pounds
Bros is not opening a company yet

Eh ni suru ..220millon pounds bawo ..

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by sonety2k(m): 2:26am On Jun 09, 2019
cool
Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by tabithababy(f): 2:50am On Jun 09, 2019
Op, go on with your business plan o

Don't let anyone discourage you undecided

Which law undecided

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by Youngzedd(m): 4:37am On Jun 09, 2019
Dizzytee:

He said the government will soon commence a clampdown exercise on illegal roadside LPG dealers and advised all skid operators to “immediately convert their outlets to micro distribution centres (MDCs) before the enforcement begins”.

Ataga explained that consumers would only pay for the content of cylinders when the exercise begins.

“The MDCs will essentially create and introduce into the market what we call the cylinder exchange programme, whereby the cylinders are owned by the distributors.

“There is no need for you to decant for anybody that comes in, and that eliminates illegal risks as well.

“You would fill them at the refill plants that would be tied to you and exchange it with your customers because you know your customers already.

“Your customers pay for only the content, while you own the cylinders and control the management of those cylinders.

Source: http://petrobarometer.thecable.ng/2019/05/22/fg-ban-individual-ownership-cooking-gas-cylinders/

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Take To Start A Gas Filling Business? by justdare007(m): 4:38am On Jun 09, 2019
mikemodel24:
I'm already into the business... Chat me up so that we can discuss better. Here is my WhatsApp no:07033777294.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / Obi Cubana To Sponsor Ekuma Jeremiah, Hawker To University / How To Stay Rich Even When You Have A Very Low Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.