Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,560 members, 7,968,595 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 10:00 AM

Kudops To Nigeria - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kudops To Nigeria (602 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kudops To Nigeria by lipuka(m): 8:24am On Oct 01, 2010
May I join all Nigerians, and the rest of Africa, and indeed the rest of the world n congratulating Nigeria, as it celebrates 50 years of independence. I know there are many challenges facing Nigeria, and to many it is just another holiday. Indeed, there are many Nigerians who may feel that the money spent in the celebrations could be put to better use. But the celebrations are a milestone, and deserve to be marked with pomp and style.

The celebrations come at a time when Nigeria is gearing for elections, and Nigeria needs enlightened leadership. Nigeria has been through much in it's 50 years, military dictatorships, the Biafra war, corruption, you name it. All this should be considered as a part of growing up and a learning phase. It is through such happening that we learn how to govern ourselves. We must make mistakes in order to do the right things.

So, however much disillusionment Nigerians may have, they should be proud of themselves. You have come a long way, and there is still a long way to go. GOOD LUCK, NAIJA!
Re: Kudops To Nigeria by Adonike(m): 4:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nice One.
Re: Kudops To Nigeria by ElRazur: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2010
What "long way" have we come from? I am keen on knowing. According to my Parents, and their Parents, naija was a much better place in their days. I am not so sure I can turn around to my kids and tell them the same thing. undecided
Re: Kudops To Nigeria by lipuka(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2010
Better live in poverty while free than in riches as a slave

(1) (Reply)

Cnn | Black In America | 'almighty Debt: Fighting Debt From The Pulpit' / Buari Y Wasin Ur Tym / Gbagbo Troops 'hit' Ouattara Hotel Hq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.