Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,218 members, 7,873,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? (22165 Views)

Should I Drop Out Or Not? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Sexymercy: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2019
Please SUPPORT ME by clicking on the link to subscribe to my channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Fm1ybgDkc
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
Belial06:

.agreed but it's always better to have a plan B (a degree) than relying on self sustainance alone. Nigeria isn't a developed country like America , Canada , Russia or China .. I always advise youths to not follow the Steve jobs dropped out of school model or Zuckerberg left Harvard because those countries share talent alone can take you places and as long as you have a novel idea you can make billions on these countries not same can be said about Nigeria .

For goodness sake jobberman is bankrupt.. that's a case study for Nigerian start ups .. or look at konga or property. ng

These are all good case studies .. Nigeria is the only country where dreams die first

you can make millions in Nigeria if you know your way. you don't need to go tech because Zuckerberg did it with technology. just know what you want and go for it
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Clinton16: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2019
I'm also interested bro.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by stillseth: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
Wetin be your age first? Bros if youre over 28...just pursue money oooo.. To avoid stories that touch later when you're on your late 30s and 40s.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
Premiumwriter:
Op school is very very important.

Before you think of quitting school for a business, I think you might want to check very well and maybe try to evaluate the business first.

For instance, how much control do you have over the business?

Control is very important. The website you're working on, if they decide to shit down today, downsize or change their policy will it affect you?

If yes, then you have little or no control over the business.

Take my case for instance, I was making good money on fiverr sometime last year. I thought it would last but it didn't.

Fiverr updated their policy, that they will require ID card for verification and they gave only 14 days for you to obtain an ID and verify your account.

I don't have an ID and my account got suspended.

Since then I've been trying to stand up but haven't even been able to make a single sale on the website after creating another account for over 5 months now.

As such it is not advisable that you quit school for it.

Also think long-term. People may say certification is useless but in reality employers still ask for it. Try and get it.
Sorry to say this, u burnt urself why open fake account at first instance?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Belial06: 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mk93:

you can make millions in Nigeria if you know your way. you don't need to go tech because Zuckerberg did it with technology. just know what you want and go for it

Is that so? grin
I agree especially when you have a degree as plan B if at all you want to be self employed..

Education as unguaranteed as it is , is still a better option as a plan be than venturing into life armed with your skill , belief and a dream

Education never stopped anyone from dreaming

If Deji, Lekan and Opeyemi the founders of jobberman didn't have their degrees to back them up which also have them the wits to start other businesses where would they be today

Check it, graduates make the best entrepreneurs

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by MeoClark(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
Netanyahu1:

Education this and education that is what has gotten Nigeria to this point "massive unemployment of unproductive graduates" guy if what you are doing is a skilled job please continues doing it , master it and employ the graduates for 10k a month that's all they are worth.

How did you learn to read and type?

make sure you do same to your offspring. since Education means nothing to you.

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Slide007(m): 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
Bros pls I'm interested in the online work , my gmail is sonibaretomiwa2020@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Premiumwriter: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2019
olaBC007:

Sorry to say this, u burnt urself why open fake account at first instance?
I didn't say I opened a fake account.

I said I didn't have an ID card.

Even if I was operating a fake account, I could have updated the profile pictures, name and then verify it with my real ID card.

But I didn't have an ID card then.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
guy...first of all wat course are studying? attendance is not 10% some lecturer s 5%..ur c.a test 30% exams 60 %..guy no drop out..just the come class anytime u which,anytime test dey ,and during exams.forget dat attendance let assume u score 15 mark on test and try get 30 for exams u don get D..b that..las las no be who graduated with first class the make am pass..thats my advise to you...thats wat am going to apply cuz i cant joint school with movie writing+ blogging....

and wetin be that online buzs we're u dey do self... :Pguy...first of all wat course are studying? attendance is not 10% some lecturer s 5%..ur c.a test 30% exams 60 %..guy no drop out..just the come class anytime u which,anytime test dey ,and during exams.forget dat attendance let assume u score 15 mark on test and try get 30 for exams u don get D..b that..las las no be who graduated with first class the make am pass..thats my advise to you...thats wat am going to apply cuz i cant joint school with movie writing+ blogging....

and wetin be that online buzs we're u dey do self...
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by MeoClark(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
The work only needs a portion of your time each day. why not find a balance and do the two. And how reliable is the income source, is it something that can stop anytime any day... think about the long run.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by LyfeJennings(m): 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ur situation is quite similar to what happened to a friend back in school. This guy was a brilliant chap who made a lot of money back in the days. Somehow, he wasn't able to complete his education. Today, he's not a graduate, there is a limitation to where he can get because of his lack of degree and that lot of money then is change now, and he doesn't even make that much anymore cos of change in technology and all.
Dear bro, I hope the above scenario of my friend would teach U a lesson or two.
Choose wisely

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
Premiumwriter:
I didn't say I opened a fake account.

I said I didn't have an ID card.

Even if I was operating a fake account, I could have updated the profile pictures, name and then verify it with my real ID card.

But I didn't have an ID card then.
OK, what a miss, never give up bro. Thank God Amazon KDP asked for it before I joined, and I'm still working on it, wait, are u a writer??
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Strech(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
Who skul epp. Make the doe now, skul can come later.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2019
Belial06:

Is that so? grin
I agree especially when you have a degree as plan B if at all you want to be self employed..

Education as unguaranteed as it is , is still a better option as a plan be than venturing into life armed you with your skill , belief and a dream

Education never stopped anyone from dreaming

If Deji, Lekan and Opeyemi the founders of jobberman didn't have their degrees to back them up which also have them the wits to start other businesses where would they be today

Check it, graduates make the best entrepreneurs
you can always get a degree anytime. i know many entrepreneurs who don't owe a degree but are doing well in their field . Nigerian degree is useless as most of the graduate are only useful as employees.
before starting school, I already knew more (practically ) about my field of study than most of those useless lecturers
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Belial06: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mk93:

you can always get a degree anytime. i know many entrepreneurs who don't owe a degree but are doing well in their field . Nigerian degree is useless as most of the graduate are only useful as employees.
before starting school, I already knew more (practically ) about my field of study than most of those useless lecturers

What are you studying, English language?

Anyways what's your definition of an entrepreneur doing well?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by freethesheeple(m): 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:
Good morning nairalanders

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later

100K.? sheeee u are happy people are sending DM on what biss u dey do..Lol...Get Certificate and never leave ur skill.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2019
MeoClark:

How did you learn to read and type?

make sure you do same to your offspring. since Education means nothing to you.
Basic education in civilized countries is high school bro. If one can't learn to read and write by 12th grade or what you call ss3 in Nigeria, that person either have mental problems or the school system have failed them as usual.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Belial06:

What are you studying, English language?

Anyways what's your definition of an entrepreneur doing well?
anyone who own and organize a business venture and assume any risk that may come out of it is an entrepreneur. you don't need to come up with an innovation to become an entrepreneur
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
olaBC007:

That carpenter, share me his contact grin
Lol, there are shit loads of them out there bro.

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by MORNDEW(m): 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
Bro what's this hustle. Am interested
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Belial06: 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mk93:

anyone who own and organize a business venture and assume any risk that may come out of it is an entrepreneur. you don't need to come up with an innovation to become an entrepreneur
I hope you know there are different levels of risk assessment and management?

I think we can both agree that while you don't have to be a graduate to run a successful SME, being one goes a long way in managing risk?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Give me a call let's talk 08068058380
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Sluacoast(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
namiji2598:
what are u saying sirI think money can take u places and nt school
The both works together. So acquiring both could yield out something excellent
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by pastorjesuseun1: 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2019
Try National Open University of Nigeria you don't need to go to school test online time for exam you go to school
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Ademolaononuga: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
OP, pls check your mail. We really need to discuss.
You can hit me up via mail: ademolaononuga@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Fantazy(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
adrian3000:
I have been staring at my keypad for over a min now cos i seriously don't know what to type.

Depending on the kind of business u'll want to venture into, forfeiting school temporary might be a very good idea cos las las school in this country is not the key for survival

You can ask those traders at onitsha main market how they roll grin

I see sense here!

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Premiumwriter: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
olaBC007:

OK, what a miss, never give up bro. Thank God Amazon KDP asked for it before I joined, and I'm still working on it, wait, are u a writer??
yeah I'm a writer

How's kindle treating you?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2019
freethesheeple:

100K.? sheeee u are happy people are sending DM on what biss u dey do..Lol...Get Certificate and never leave ur skill.
graduates are dying for 30k Npower stipends. some of those saying thrash on this post are those hypocritical graduate earning 15k teaching in a private school. as you are chasing a certificate, remember to also chase a brain because in this country, one will need a brain after leaving school unless you have someone up there
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by sdcf(m): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
Skill acquisition and developing it is the best education one can ever have . A lot of Africans are conflicted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / Should I Continue Studying Medicine In Nigeria Or Should I Start Afresh Abroad / Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.