Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,371 members, 7,978,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 09:11 PM

Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! (924 Views)

Missing Ohio Teen Located In Florida After Logging In To World Warcraft Account / Top Video Calling Services You Can Use Without Downloading Or Logging In / My Facebook Account Hacked! How Do I Retrieve It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by Casemiro(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2019
I woke up this morning and got a text message from facebook that ***** is my facebook password reset code... I logged to my mail and got message that someone wants to log into my facebook.

Please is my account safe? What should I do?
Re: Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by delishpot: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2019
It's safe. The person would have changed the password if he had access to your email where the code was sent but since the email addy is private to you, he can not retrieve the code to reset your password nor change your registered email on fb.
Re: Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by bluebay(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2019
Stop using your phone number for email and password. That’s how they gain access to your account alaye
Re: Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by Casemiro(m): 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
delishpot:
It's safe. The person would have changed the password if he had access to your email where the code was sent but since the email addy is private to you, he can not retrieve the code to reset your password nor change your registered email on fb.
then how could the person have gotten my login
Re: Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by Casemiro(m): 5:09pm On Jun 10, 2019
bluebay:
Stop using your phone number for email and password. That’s how they gain access to your account alaye

true
Re: Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by delishpot: 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
Casemiro:
then how could the person have gotten my login

The person knows your name or the email you used to register on Fb.(login email) So they tried to log in but couldn't. Then FB asked if they forgot password or want to reset it? They said yes. FB now sent the new reset code to the email you registered with. Since they don't have access to the email they couldn't change it.
Re: Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by Casemiro(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
delishpot:

The person knows your name or the email you used to register on Fb.(login email) So they tried to log in but couldn't. Then FB asked if they forgot password or want to reset it? They said yes. FB now sent the new reset code to the email you registered with. Since they don't have access to the email they couldn't change it.

Thanks for this explanation. That means its someone I know
Re: Please Help! Someone Tried Logging In My Facebook! by delishpot: 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2019
Casemiro:

Thanks for this explanation. That means its someone I know

Or that knows you. You welcome

(1) (Reply)

Updating 2g To 3g / Mint Samsung Note 8 / Latest MTN Tweakware Vpn 0.0kb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.