Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,465 members, 7,897,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 12:30 AM

"We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians (16302 Views)

Singer Simi To Upcoming Artistes: "If You Want It Badly, Always Sell Yourself" / 'Stop listening or buying Our Music' - Singer Simi to Yahooboys / Simi To Release Her Next Album On Her 31st Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by 2019elections: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2019
Ugosample:

I understand where you are coming from
But still...

It's still up to the govt to make life less difficult

And Nigerians too get too much wahala as well

Burkina is pooree than Nigeria

But you will not see the level of desperation in NIGERIA there?

even Some thing as basic as my soap, they were amazed and considered my brand a "luxury"

That is to give you a picture of Burkina

So the govt played its part in ruining Nigeria

the people also played their part in killing Nigeria

Nigerians are TOO DESPERATE

The desperation is a quest for survival.

1 Like

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by richmind2019(m): 10:36am On Jun 11, 2019
hybridblood07:
We both know that's never gonna happen when we have retired Generals ready to fight battle.
hahaha,the same generals that cannot defeat boko haram,fulani herdsmen is that one general
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2019
2019elections:

The desperation is a quest for survival.

So burkinabes do not have quest for survival?
The Malians do not have quest to survive?

These are countries poorer than Nigeria mind you

I travel to these countries for business and I see for myself

Nigeria people are TOO DESPERATE for wealth and not survival per se

una wan drive benz and all that

Nigeria, Liberia, Anglo Camerron and Ugandans are desperate to the extreme

if it's about survival why are folks from middle class homes in NIGERIA also neck deep in Yahoo

I get your point still
.But naija pple too desperate

3 Likes

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by hybridblood07(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2019
My brother, there is so much you don't understand about these Boko Harams guys.
Let me be honest with you, these guys are well trained like soldiers and they have sophisticated weapons.
They have insiders giving them information on how to attack and conquer soldiers.
It is difficult to defeat them when a lot of people are making billions out of terrorism.
Also if British take over Our government, we both know a lot will go wrong for those who has been looting government funds.
Make I no talk much due to my profession
richmind2019:
hahaha,the same generals that cannot defeat boko haram,fulani herdsmen is that one general
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Kingjames(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2019
were is thy faith ooh little prostitute
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by datigbogirl: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2019
Ugosample:

I understand where you are coming from
But still...

It's still up to the govt to make life less difficult

And Nigerians too get too much wahala as well

Burkina is pooree than Nigeria

But you will not see the level of desperation in NIGERIA there?

even Some thing as basic as my soap, they were amazed and considered my brand a "luxury"

That is to give you a picture of Burkina

So the govt played its part in ruining Nigeria

the people also played their part in killing Nigeria

Nigerians are TOO DESPERATE

Contentment is the major problem of the average Nigerian. Always trying to prove to the other they're better.
Churches aren't helping either....
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by datigbogirl: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2019
Ugosample:

So burkinabes do not have quest for survival?
The Malians do not have quest to survive?

These are countries poorer than Nigeria mind you

I travel to these countries for business and I see for myself

Nigeria people are TOO DESPERATE for wealth and not survival per se

una wan drive benz and all that

Nigeria, Liberia, Anglo Camerron and Ugandans are desperate to the extreme

if it's about survival why are folks from middle class homes in NIGERIA also neck deep in Yahoo

I get your point still
.But naija pple too desperate

You mean these other mentioned countries follow join shocked
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by djon78(m): 10:49am On Jun 11, 2019
The world has marked and remembered Nigeria. Even the high and mighty cannot get away with it. Example US visa, maximum they give now is 3 months, even if you had 10years before, and you must que in line at the embassy.

Nigeria has been completely battered, I heard from some sources that many multinational firms are exiting Nigeria. That MTN is leaving Nigeria too.

Many people have not yet understood what is happening. Many people with good paying jobs are exiting themselves and families to especially Canada PR.

Many Nigerians don't understand yet what is happening. They are still living like ostriches, burying there head in the sand

1 Like

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Encapsulate: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2019
Our problem is that Nigeria is too blessed. When people have nothing to worry about they tend to forget what they have and who they are.

A little Earthquake or Hurricane Katrina might jump start Nigerians dormant brain so that when they see some from the North, West and East the first thing that will come their mind is brother, sister instead of Saramatu, Oluwatosin and Amaka
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 10:54am On Jun 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

You mean these other mentioned countries follow join shocked
from my experience with them
they worship money and vanity too
Anglo Cameroon do a lot of kidnapping, 419 and other Fvckery
as opposed to the Franco phone side that's less inclined to do that
It's not abt wealth or poverty
It's the mindset of the pple

1 Like

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2019
djon78:

The world has marked and remembered Nigeria. Even the high and mighty cannot get away with it. Example US visa, maximum they give now is 3 months, even if you had 10years before, and you must que in line at the embassy.

Nigeria has been completely battered, I heard from some sources that many multinational firms are exiting Nigeria. That MTN is leaving Nigeria too.

Many people have not yet understood what is happening. Many people with good paying jobs are exiting themselves and families to especially Canada PR.

Many Nigerians don't understand yet what is happening. They are still living like ostriches, burying there head in the sand

don't mind them

Nigeria is in hot soup at the moment

Yet we have millions of IDIOTS who cheer this demonic gov't that got us there in the first place

now today is the national assembly elections
And we have useless youths cheering at the prospects of a suspected terrorist, spineless stooge, suspected U.S. felon and others leading the legislature

And you think Nigerians are not mad
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by djon78(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2019
Ugosample:

don't mind them

Nigeria is in hot soup at the moment

Yet we have millions of IDIOTS who cheer this demonic gov't that got us there in the first place

now today is the national assembly elections
And we have useless youths cheering at the prospects of a suspected terrorist, spineless stooge, suspected U.S. felon and others leading the legislature

And you think Nigerians are not mad

It has not yet dawned on many people what is actually facing this Nation presently.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Urchman200: 11:05am On Jun 11, 2019
Speaking from the area that affect them directly as if not issuing visas Is the major problem of Nigeria, a lot of bad policies and evil leadership decisions going on in the country does not call for concern, you will never see them speak against evil leadership Visa and Visa that.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2019
djon78:

It has not yet dawned on many people what is actually facing this Nation presently.

I think of my family members each day who are still in that country undecided

It's a pity what our country has become
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2019
Urchman200:
Speaking from the area that affect them directly as if not issuing visas Is the major problem of Nigeria, a lot of bad policies and evil leadership decisions going on in the country does not call for concern, you will never see them speak against evil leadership Visa and Visa that.

These things are all encompassing
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ernerstdavid55(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2019
2019elections:
If I may ask, who are the WE?

In this country, citizens are already pushed to the wall and definitely will want to defy all odds to survive.
How do you tell someone who hawks pure water under a scotching sun that "change begins with him"?

How do u tell someone who graduated 5 yrs ago without a job that he or she should live a decent life?

With all due respect to Simi, most of these celebrities did crazy things to get to the top. When they do, they start giving motivational speeches / advises.

Dear Simi, there is frustration in the land. Such advice can't through the grassroot. At this stage we are, everyone is displaying his/her survival ability.

I'm so sorry to say this... Nigeria isn't looking to be better, at least not in some decades to come.

Modified

To those quoting me, the ambition of an average Nigerian is to meet his basic needs, not necessarily to live large, if such basic needs aren't met, he goes prowling. Most people dwell in illegalities to survive.

One day, the poor will have nothing to feed on but the rich.

Iamvictorbassey said and I quote:
'Always remember that everything in Nigeria is trying to kill you.

A time is coming soon when our children will sue us to court and win, for giving birth to them in Nigeria without provisions and without their consent.

I'm scared of having kids. Because this thing we're living is not Life. We're just breathing in Nigeria"
well said sir
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by datigbogirl: 11:10am On Jun 11, 2019
Ugosample:

from my experience with them

they worship money and vanity too

Anglo Cameroon do a lot of kidnapping, 419 and other Fvckery

as opposed to the Franco phone side that's less inclined to do that

It's the mindset of the pple

No wonder, I've stayed at the border with the anglophone Cameroon, they're so terrible that all they know is money. They can steal anything steal able and all they know is Beer and Fvck. Very disgusting sets of ppl, had to beat it and run the fvck outta d place...they're Nigerians but their behavior is totally different from the average Nigerian. Even the names of their villages sef, you go know sey these ones no follow at all... cheesy
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by desiredhome: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2019
2019elections:
If I may ask, who are the WE?

In this country, citizens are already pushed to the wall and definitely will want to defy all odds to survive.
How do you tell someone who hawks pure water under a scotching sun that "change begins with him"?

How do u tell someone who graduated 5 yrs ago without a job that he or she should live a decent life?

With all due respect to Simi, most of these celebrities did crazy things to get to the top. When they do, they start giving motivational speeches / advises.

Dear Simi, there is frustration in the land. Such advice can't through the grassroot. At this stage we are, everyone is displaying his/her survival ability.

I'm so sorry to say this... Nigeria isn't looking to be better, at least not in some decades to come.

Modified

To those quoting me, the ambition of an average Nigerian is to meet his basic needs, not necessarily to live large, if such basic needs aren't met, he goes prowling. Most people dwell in illegalities to survive.

One day, the poor will have nothing to feed on but the rich.

Iamvictorbassey said and I quote:
'Always remember that everything in Nigeria is trying to kill you.

A time is coming soon when our children will sue us to court and win, for giving birth to them in Nigeria without provisions and without their consent.

I'm scared of having kids. Because this thing we're living is not Life. We're just breathing in Nigeria"

I believe Nigeria can be great, with this your mindset things might not work well, you sound defeated.
You can't give what you don't have,
Nigerian is bad not just because of the bad leaders but also the masses even the very poor amongst us.
That is what you get when you cerebrate money instead of value. Everybody want a quick money.
Gone are the days when they use to hear "a cool kobo is better than a hot naira" sad

The We here are the progressive Nigerians devoid of corruption and standing by the truth to make our country a better place.
It begins with you
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 11:14am On Jun 11, 2019
datigbogirl:

No wonder, I've stayed at the border with the anglophone Cameroon, they're so terrible that all they know is money. They can steal anything steal able and all they know is Beer and Fvck. Very disgusting sets of ppl, had to beat it and run the fvck outta d place...they're Nigerians but their behavior is totally different from the average Nigerian. Even the names of their villages sef, you go know sey these ones no follow at all... cheesy

one of them almost screwed over my business
when I show am RED EYE

he knew what's up...

good things cannot come out of bad people

look ar the trend of stealing pants for rituals (which btw I don't believe works)

Nigeria people just got to hear it in the news, and stealing of pants free exponentially

what does that tell you?

Tell Nigerians that the new thing is to steal shit from soakwawy and give to one "baba"

the rate at which you will see broken soakaway will surprise you

Nigerians are a special type of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Stallion93(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:
i still believe if we dont allow the british come back to rule us,NOTHING WILL CHANGE
Clear cut Truth, There's no way the white Man would be present here and Nigeria would Be as DISGUSTING as it is today, Even if we just have sand as our only Natural resource.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Gabson001(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:
i still believe if we dont allow the british come back to rule us,NOTHING WILL CHANGE
Fact boss
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by charlesELIKIBA: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2019
how do you change an omonile, an agbero and a danfo driver with his rickety bus.

this country needs a miracle. no amount of you and I changing will solve this.

you can't ask me to drop my silver spoon for a brass one. impossible
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Kenneth10110(m): 11:22am On Jun 11, 2019
Fix the economy first before trying to change us don't expect an hungry man to change just like that. PMB till 2023 we are all in this nation together grin

1 Like

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by smartking1: 11:23am On Jun 11, 2019
True talk Simi

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Litmus: 11:26am On Jun 11, 2019
All nations in the world need fixing. No nation is FIXED, all are works in progress - literally. There'd be no need for the concept of heaven in dreams if a Developed Nation existed on Earth. The tragedy of Nigeria is that they have been successfully fooled into believing that there are nations out there that are "Developed" ( Perfect even) instead of what those nations are, which is different not even Developed let alone superior palaces. The tragedy is that Nigerians are being driven to self destruction. What constitute perfect human living conditions is something for philosophical debate. I've been to places in Jamaica where Rastars live off the land, have no electricity, fetch water from stream, wash clothes in stream , sleep in zinc and stick sharks and are perfectly happy and do not want to live the Western lifestyle. The African American Searching for Uhoru left a corporate America existence to come share in his dream of a different type of living in Africa. Scenery for scenery, infrastructure for infrastructure, space for space, Africa is not better than America Yet he is willing to leave all that behind in order to live in Africa. You know why? See, beyond his dream for self respect in finding a common purpose with his African kin, he understands that life could be a different thing from all that American Electricity, high rise buildings, smooth car highways and insufferable sense of superiority destroying the humanity of the whites there. He understands the meaning of Quality of Life. He understands that fulfilling life is a complex combination of things.

Upshot, stop down talking Nigeria. Nigeria is great.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 11:45am On Jun 11, 2019
Litmus:
All nations in the world need fixing. No nation is FIXED, all are works in progress - literally. There'd be no need for the concept of heaven in dreams if a Developed Nation existed on Earth. The tragedy of Nigeria is that they have been successfully fooled into believing that there are nations out there that are "Developed" ( Perfect even) instead of what those nations are, which is different not even Developed let alone superior palaces. The tragedy is that Nigerians are being driven to self destruction. What constitute perfect human living conditions is something for philosophical debate. I've been to places in Jamaica where Rastars live off the land, have no electricity, fetch water from stream, wash clothes in stream , sleep in zinc and stick sharks and are perfectly happy and do not want to live the Western lifestyle. The African American Searching for Uhoru left a corporate America existence to come share in his dream of a different type of living in Africa. Scenery for scenery, infrastructure for infrastructure, space for space, Africa is not better than America Yet he is willing to leave all that behind in order to live in Africa. You know why? See, beyond his dream for self respect in finding a common purpose with his African kin, he understands that life could be a different thing from all that American Electricity, high rise buildings, smooth car highways and insufferable sense of superiority destroying the humanity of the whites there. He understands the meaning of Quality of Life. He understands that fulfilling life is a complex combination of things.

Upshot, stop down talking Nigeria. Nigeria is great.

LookatDisWan undecided

Nigeria is great my black arse

(Nigeria was once great and has potential to be great, but in 2019, Nigeria is NOWHERE near great )

The HQ of extreme poverty on earth
country ruined by evil governance
And the list goes on

Forget all that story you are telling up there

There are Developed countries
emerging countries
And $hithole countries

That is the hierarchy
Ways differ and that is true

but by the common metric used to judge

hands are not equal

3 Likes

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Billionaire09: 11:51am On Jun 11, 2019
This girl supposed to be the President had Nigeria not a British failed company.

What is the meaning of Nigeria in dictionary

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by richmind2019(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
Abkreizi:
yah mad
your generations are all mad
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Rolly22(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
Urchman200:

As if Visa is the only problem we have in this country.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Litmus: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Another issus stifling Nigerians and restricting their creative ability to solve problems is the obsession with wanting to be like the West. A wise man ones said, LIFE is a struggle when trying to be the copy of an idol but liberating and exhilarating striving to be different and better.

'Ohh, ooh, they say we live on trees!'

And you're protesting? Really, as though you had the good fortune, wealth or wherewithal to live on trees, as though doing so wouldn't be a fine thing or better for the environment and future generations....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Khosi And Blue Aiva Expose Their Boobs On Camera, Big Brother Titans / Paul Okoye Advises Guys On Girls / A Picture of Rihanna Before Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.