Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:10 AM

Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} (3496 Views)

Joomla Plugin/module/component Request Thread / Bulksms Component & Nigeria GSM Number Database(local Govt By Local Govt-new) / Joomla Component For A School Management System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by shintaku(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
Hello friend,
Please I need some with an idea on how or where to get the Component, or Module that I can install on my joomla website for freight management.
Freight Management in the sense that customers can track the movement of their packages (consignments) in real time.

Send the link to: umarsh39@yahoo.com or post it here. Thanks
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by DualCore1: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
i can build that as a seperate system that can be embedded into your joomla site. if interested, lets get talking.
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2010
Ohhh, Such systems are solutions and you may not find a plugin or module.

Best get a Software Developer to develop such, with logical analysis of the system's operation.

That's what Bros Dual is proffering!
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2010
Developing flexible joomla components no be beans oh. Donpuzo and dual core, you guyz should take up the task nau? or do you want me to start up a tutorial thread on how to do components?
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by mcfranc(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2010
Like my Ogas said. Its better to build a stand alone application and integrate it into your joomla site.

@dhtml, i wouldn't mind if you start a thread on building modules and components for joomla. We have gurus in the house like Lojik, Dual Core, Donpuzo and co that will help you.
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by lojik(m): 12:26am On Oct 04, 2010
Joomla components no be beans truly. But once u get it, it becomes yam. lol

I can develop a joomla component for you if u want. i have sample modules, components, plugins and templates i have developed (some of which are listed on joomla extensions directory). u can check my site or buzz me for free details or free guide on joomla component development.

NB: while i have a free joomla module(check my site) that can help you use your custom php code in joomla, i always recommend using ready made extensions or coding a new one that meets joomla's guidelines and regulations. Except u don't think security is paramount.
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by shintaku(m): 11:29am On Oct 04, 2010
Thank u all.

@dhtml, and @mcfranc please I waiting to see a thread on Joomla components, modules, and plugin TUTORIAL

@Dual Core interested, let me see samples of your work as fast as posible! so we can get talking.

@lojik thanks for the ""PHP file inclusion module for joomla CMS"" link
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by DualCore1: 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
Samples? Dunno what you want exactly for samples but check my site if you find what you looking for there. www.SawyerrKen.com
My contact is there also.

DHTML, it'll be nice to start up a thread like that. Being that I am more of an old school do-everything-yourself person, I wont have time to start learning for the sake of Joomla. Its most def going to be good for you and Lojik to come up with a tut for everyone.
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by lojik(m): 2:15am On Oct 05, 2010
Wouldn't it be better to start a tut on joomla module development b4 moving to joomla component development?
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 05, 2010
Over time, i have observed that many people dont know how to create joomla extensions: from templates, modules and themes.
The most difficult one is the component development. Letz get it booting then.
Maybe lojik should start with the module development, then i will follow it up with template development, and then the component
development.
The thread is going to be fast because we are going to be considering intermediate developers and above.

I have booted the thread already: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525380.0.html#msg6877262
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by lojik(m): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2010
Not sure whether to start with joomla's mvc right away or simplify module creation b4 going 2 jommla's mvc. Will start anyway.
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 06, 2010
Ehm, i dont think they will follow MVC at this level yet. Let us do everything in a simple way first, so that they can create simple extensions before going fully into MVC. MVC is just good programming practices at the end of the day, and is not complicated to follow for those that do good programming practices. Interestingly, as at the time i studied MVC, i discovered that, it has been my original technique of programming right from the start - for anyone grounded in OOP, MVC is not a problem at all.
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by basking4me: 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2010
When you guys are talking Joomla extensions only what about Drupal Modules,

I have an online demo for cargo tracking for the freight industry, al thats required to is see what additional modules you may require and voila, its up. Like Dual said, it will be built separately but integrated into your existing system.

PM me and I will provide you with the password to access the backend. Pl view the link here http://www.kingofcms.net/node/6
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2010
FYI: Joomla extensions is a combination of: joomla components, modules, plugins, templates and language packs.
Re: Joomla Freight Management Component, Or Module {need Help?} by lordjacky(f): 4:05am On Oct 09, 2010
Need a Website?Need it fast,Professional And most important Cheap?Contact us now On www.simplexlinx.com Or call us on 08034616855. wink

(1) (Reply)

Design/Redesign Your existing Website/Blog TODAY! Premium design starting @5,000 / 5 2go Tricks You Must Know / High PR Do-follow High DA Free Social Bookmarking Sites List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.