Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,870 members, 7,848,535 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) (3205 Views)

Download 5 Free Ebooks - PHP, CSS, Fireworks, Dreamweaver And Javascript / Between Dreamweaver And Joomla! Which Should I Opt For? / Help: An Error Has Occurred (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by developer: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2006
Please kindly help me out with this error "(An unexpected error has occured)" when am trying to connect Dreamweaver to MYSQL i get that error message please what is the cause and the solution , i have always been coding PHP without usiing the macromedia database connection i think is a lot easier with macromedia , kindly help me out.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by c0dec(m): 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2006
you've got to be kidding me.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by developer: 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2006
i do not understand
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by developer: 10:33am On Jan 17, 2006
Please kindly help me out with this error "(An unexpected error has occured)" when am trying to connect Dreamweaver to MYSQL i get that error message please what is the cause and the solution , i have always been coding PHP without usiing the macromedia database connection i think is a lot easier with macromedia , kindly help me out.

Please i will also like to have the license name and key for PHPmaker, i lost mine .

Thanks.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by c0dec(m): 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2006
that error message can't help anyone. it's not specific enough.

what happens just before u get that error message?
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by Seun(m): 10:52pm On May 01, 2006
Post your code. perhaps we can debug it for you.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by klasnic: 4:59pm On May 10, 2006
What kind of PHP installation are you using?Is it a distributable or was it installed with a windows installer?Please provide more info
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by yemmy04(m): 5:09pm On May 12, 2006
just check your DSN, if u r using any, check d user's rights on the DB table u r trying 2 acces. Better still put d code up so it can be debugged.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by malashkar: 12:57pm On May 25, 2011
Hello all,

I'm getting the same error and i was actually hoping i would be getting some help on this.
There's not much code to be posted here since all i'm doing is simply this:

Create new site.
and then after i create a new MySQL database connection using DREAMWEAVER CS5.
i click on the database creation and i fill out the following:
- TestDatabase
- localhost
- root
- "password"
- , When i try to select a database, i get the famous error " an unexpected error has occurred ".

Im trying to test the site locally. So please let me know if you need any more info and direct me into this if anyone knows the solution.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by java002: 8:22pm On May 25, 2011
Really thats just about all the error message you will get "An unexpected error has occured"; i have had to wrestle through the same error when i was using dreamweaver 8(now i use cs5) but i manage to resolve it.I can tell you that its simply has to do with your set up:make sure that your site folder you are creating is located in your DocumentRoot,if you check your httpd.conf located in the c:\, \apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf you will see a line like this DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs" this means you should have your site folder should be located in htdoc otherwise do something like # DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"
DocumentRoot "C:/path to where your site is located". Then fill in the localhost,root and password and you should be good to good.Trust me if you do a google search as i did you may not come up with a solution as was my experience and it could almost drive you naught. grin
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by malashkar: 8:25pm On May 25, 2011
lool alright man, thanks, i'll be trying that and letting you know what happens with me
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by malashkar: 8:39pm On May 25, 2011
I just tried what you told and my path was correct

DocumentRoot "C:/wamp/www/Web

Which is correct. When i create the site in the Web folder. I still need to define the testing server (in my case it should be locally) i put local and it asks for my server location ( which i dont know what should be ) .

I'm sorry im making this very confusing but it keeps giving me an error with no testing server identified.

Appreciate your help
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by java002: 9:23pm On May 25, 2011
@ malashkar a just a quick response try using the help system on dreamweaver to set the right parameters, the testing server that you will be using is your apache server that comes with your wamp(i installed all the wamp component separately so our setting are different).When you get to "connect using" under servers and then clicking the plus sign to add a new server change from ftp to local/network but like i said use the help system to help your self and if afterwards you still having the same problem then i'll and see if i can go through the whole process on me system. And if you get it solve make sur you post a response so the other guy can benefit as well.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by malashkar: 9:43pm On May 25, 2011
No matter what i define the test server to be, it still remains unchecked in the DATABASE section. I believe if i succeed in having it checked then this would allow me to create a database connection.

I did the following:
As a test server i defined > Local network and went to advanced options and chose, PHP/MYSQL as the type of the connection. Also Chose the server location to be the same thing as my site location but it didnt resolve the issue. sad
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by Beaf: 7:55am On May 26, 2011
I don't know if Dreamweaver is still allows it, but some years back, you could simply type in your connection string or write it manually in the file (in dreamweavers style) and it would be picked up.

If thats still the case, then I suggest you do that and check for the usual silly error (mostly caused by tiredness, women or alcohol wink) like if MySql server is actually running or if you are connecting through named pipes etc.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by jacobadam: 7:22am On Jun 25, 2011
Better to use Net beans for devoloping internet applications and website.
Re: Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) by shola6: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2011
This is a PHP/MYSQL function. If you don't have a localhost server install (wamp for windows) or put it online on your machine, you'll still be getting the same error message.

Follow this DB connection syntax:

<?php
$conn=mysql_connect("localhost", "root", ""wink;
if(!$conn)
echo "Cann't connect to DB";
$db1="DB_name";
mysql_select_db(db1);
?>

manually type this DB connection syntax.

I hope this help.

To your success!

(1) (Reply)

Mobile App Developer VS Web Developer VS Software Developer / Paid Job: A Magento 2.0 Plugin Developer Is Required For A Quick Job [Closed] / I Just Developed An App Called Social Gathering, Rate It Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.