Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,423 members, 7,932,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:49 AM

Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible (26511 Views)

2019/20 NPFL Season: Meet The Newly Promoted Teams / 2018/2019 EPL Fixtures For The Big 6 / Profiling The Newly Promoted Teams For The 2018 NPFL Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Africanbest(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
The English Championship WINNER Norwich Fc has realized the faith of their team after the English Premier League fixtures came out today.

As many football fans out there would be writing them off, and As some of their fans would not be feeling to well with what they see, knowing that every point matters in the league and starting the beginning right is a moral booster. They coach has got this to say

Daniel Farke says his Norwich City aren't scared by the prospect of taking on European champions Liverpool on the opening weekend of the 2019-20 Premier League season.

City and Liverpool kickstart the season on Friday, August 9 with their match at Anfield kicking off at 8pm live on Sky Sports.

Jurgen Klopp's side finished second behind Manchester City in the top-flight last season and went on to win the Champions League for the sixth time in their history by beating Tottenham Hotspur in the final last month.

Speaking exclusively to canaries.co.uk, Farke said: "It's an exciting game for our supporters and the whole Club. 

"We are not naive. We know it's probably the tougest fixture you can get on your first game. They are Champions of Europe so that makes them the best team in Europe, probably the world.

"They have an unbelievable stadium with world-class players and a world-class manager and they'll be desperate to get their party started.

"But we are not scared. We want to play against the best teams. We've worked extremely hard for his opportunity to be competitive against the top teams in the country and we will be greedy to bring our football onto the pitch.

"We worked so hard in the recent months and played over 50 games last season. We don't want to just enjoy the moments against the top teams, we want to reward our supporters with good football and good results. We are focused on the job."

As well as Liverpool, the Canaries face Chelsea and Man City in their opening five games and Farke believes his young side are looking forward to the challenges that await in the early phase of the season.

"I don't want to analyse the fixtures too much. You never know when is the best moment to play each team.

"We have a tough start against some of the best teams in Europe and it's a big task for my young team, but they are greedy to succeed.

"We want to win points against the best and I think we will learn a lot from our first few games."

All eyes would be on the CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER going on against the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER on August 9

CAN WE GET ANOTHER CINDERELLA STORY LIKE IN THE CASE OF LEICESTER CITY

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/june/daniel-farke-opening-fixture-at-liverpool-does-not-faze-us/

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Sundaypaul12345: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hmm
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Amuocha: 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
Seen
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by NameChecker: 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
The poster below me though
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by akinbode1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
Good.....
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by NameChecker: 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
Every promoted team into the EPL know that the
first priority is to survive relegation in the first season.
If you doubt me ask Huddersfield FC. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by chibu4u2(m): 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
sad
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by TheFacelessMan: 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2019
angry
PS - Norwich would be so thoroughly thrashed in those opening games they might not recover till end of the season embarassed

But at the same time, i wouldn't mind meeting the more difficult opponents first.

Anyways...

Many years back, i played in the less prestigious Division 3.

This is the inside story of victory.

6 Likes

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by freemanbubble: 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
Okay

Mumu talk
Nor be the same team when the rest want face
Nor be im newly promoted team one face

1 Like

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by nairalee(m): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
No biggie. Infact I think it's a plus to play all my big games early on so that I Wil know my fate and battle out the rest later
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Africanbest(m): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2019
My mother said if you don't have anything nice to say please blow whistle... Norwich I'm blowing my whistle

1 Like

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by myddmodnabastard: 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
championship champion vs European champion

1 Like

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Pabloosas(m): 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
grin
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by naijajobx: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Lamasta(m): 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
They will collect 3 from Liverpool, 4 from City, I don't know of the rest grin
City is going for EPL hatrick this season cool
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by govmentson(m): 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
Send they are going back
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by mrkings84(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
We are the blues! With or without E.H. we are winning the league this season!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by TANID(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
I Think It's Time For Me To Leav Arsenal
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Sima04: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
only that "You will never walk alone" will so overwhelm them that they will start scoring own goals
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by Ayodun1: 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2019
They will surely win their 3rd match.
Re: Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible by panpan(m): 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
myddmodnabastard:
championship champion vs European champion

Championship champion vs Champions League champion cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Says That Conte Benched Him At Chelsea Because He Represented Nigeria / Kroenke Reacts To Arsene Wenger’s Departure / Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.