Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,404 members, 7,978,282 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 03:08 AM

Thinking Of A Sales Career In Canada? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thinking Of A Sales Career In Canada? (400 Views)

Earn Weekly Answering Calls By Being A Sales Representative / Aviva Jewelry!!! Become A Sales Agent / How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of A Sales Career In Canada? by mysoftlandingca: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
Let me start by saying this, you can sell anywhere. The language of sales is the same all over the world. The dialect might be different, the product might be the different, different sales processes and even a different culture. But the principles and skills required to sell are the same.

So, if you are in sales and believe you can make it as a salesperson in Canada, then you are welcome because the opportunities are abundant.

When I first moved to Canada and I was asked what kind of job I was looking to get? I think I said something like, Account Management, Sales, Selling technology. The person who asked me looked at me and said, “In that case, the opportunities are endless.” Which is true.

In Canada, the sales opportunities are ample. Companies are constantly looking for Account managers, Business development managers, Sales leaders and all the fancy titles used to describe salespeople.

Though the sales industry can be described as a thriving one, there are a few things to note. In terms of salaries, most companies pay a base plus commission for salespeople. What you earn at the end of the year is determined by your employment letter but by your aggressiveness, skills and passion for success.

You can work either full time; where you are entitled to benefits like: health insurance; for treatments not covered by the government provided health Insurance, Life insurance and retirement benefits or you can work as a contract staff. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with.

Another important thing to note is that, for a lot of outside sales positions where you are required to go cold calling and visit clients, some companies might require that you have a car and a valid driver’s license. They will offer some payment for transportation or car allowance.

So, depending on the industry you are in or you want to work in, know that the sales career path will not be extinct or taken over by machines anytime soon. However, in order to land that juicy sales job, you desire, it is important to take note of the following:

You know what you are capable of and so do the people in your sphere of influence from your country of origin. They all know you are a superstar salesperson. Unfortunately, the recruiters in Canada do not know you and they have never heard about you. One of the things you want to do is build a strong resume. A resume so strong and so convincing that they will want to pick up the phone and call you immediately. Do not underestimate the power of a strong resume.

Once you get noticed and invited for an interview, DO NOT go with a defeatist attitude. Go with the same drive, passion, determination and boldness that made you a star in your country of origin. Employers want to see that you are bold enough to hold high level discussions with decision makers and C-Level executives in the companies you are trying to win.

And talking about communication, speak clearly. Don’t shout. We might not realize it, but we already have an accent. Don’t try to use and artificial one. And above all, be confident. Convince them that you are indeed who you say you are, you have done what you say you have, and you can do what you claim you can in your resume.

So, if you are thinking about a sales career in Canada, come with the right attitude and a determination to succeed and the sky will your steppingstone.

If you need help getting settled, check out our http://mysoftlandingcanada.ca/our-services/ that will make your Canadian relocation as smooth and successful as possible.

Check out our other installments of the Canada Reality Series on our blog
http://mysoftlandingcanada.ca/my-blog/

For Further Enquires,Please Message Now:
info@mysoftlandingcanada.ca

Check our Website for more information to help you:
http://mysoftlandingcanada.ca/

You may Buy our Ebooks:

Step by Step Guide to Canada Express Entry
http://mysoftlandingcanada.ca/product/step-by-step-guide-to-canada-express-entry-ebook/

MOve to Canada with Ease 2.0
http://mysoftlandingcanada.ca/product/move-to-canada-with-ease/

(1) (Reply)

Make Money,don't Just Own An Andriod Phone. / PMI-USA International Project Mgt Certification Course Is Coming To Nigeria! / Five Things To Do To Own A Career Aside Of Going To School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.