Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,760 members, 7,972,730 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 05:08 PM

5 Business Ideas For Fashion Designers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Business Ideas For Fashion Designers (235 Views)

Top 5 Business Ideas That Are No Longer Lucrative In Nigeria / 5 Business That Makes Millions For Me Monthly With 7K Investment Only / Top 5 Business Lessons From Aliko Dangote, Africa’s Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Business Ideas For Fashion Designers by Venzee(m): 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
If the world of fashion excites you, then there is unique opportunity within, waiting for you to make it yours. Here are nine business opportunities for fashion fanatics that can help you make a name for yourself in the field.

1. Fashion event producer
Running a fashion show isn't easy. Fashion event producers work with designers and models, sometimes even coaching them.
"You would help the designer with runway show casting and have an understanding of how clothes should be portrayed on the body and how the models should carry themselves," said Kerry Bannigan, founder of Nolcha, a New York-based fashion event production company.
While startup costs are minimal – you won't need employees or even an office – you will need to do some heavy self-promotion. Relationships and referrals are key for this type of work, Bannigan said. Business cards, a user-friendly website showing an online portfolio and a printed portfoilio are a must. Networking through industry websites is also essential, she said.
Before you embark on this career, you should understand fashion shows, work with creative people and be flexible enough to deal with diverse personalities, Bannigan said. Income potential is based on the number of clients you have and how big they are.

2. Trademark attorney
Fashion is an industry built on creativity, and protecting the work that is produced is extremely important. Attorneys who represent business owners on copyright and trademark matters are key players in the field.
"I previously owned a women's boutique before opening up my own law practice," said Andrea Sager, founder of Andrea Sager Law PLLC. "I have been able to remain in the industry by representing owners and designers on their copyright and trademark matters. I've been able to exclusively serve the fashion industry ever since I opened my own practice."
A legal background is clearly necessary for this type of fashion career, but so is the desire to "help small business owners by giving them the representation they deserve."

3. Fashion business coach
This business is ideal for someone with a corporate background who wants to make a move into fashion. A fashion business coach guides design firms in running their business, from growth plans to everyday tasks such as invoice collection and bookkeeping. It can involve coaching the creative designer on how to perform and interact in different business settings, Bannigan said.
Startup costs for a fashion coaching business are minimal, but earning potential is significant, said Bannigan: "Research consultancy services with established businesses can make six-figure salaries with constant clientele."

4. Fashion blogger
Some of today's most influential fashion websites, like The Sartorialist, debuted as small fashion blogs. They've since come into their own as industry thought leaders, and they sell lots of advertising.
Fashion blogs don't require large investments, as website development and hosting can be quite inexpensive – but they do require lots of legwork. Whether you're stalking the city streets in search of fashionable photo-ops or following the moves of leading designers, you'll need to track the trends at every moment.
On the plus side, a fashion blog can be a complement to your existing job, said Angie Wojak, director of career services at the School of Visual Arts. "You can start a blog on your own while looking for a job, and it doesn't take a big outlay of cash."

5. Photo stylist
Photo stylists work with photographers to scout shoot locations, get clothing to shoots, buy furniture and accessories, and make sure the photo shoot goes as planned. It requires a good sense of fashion, an understanding of fashion history and the smarts to know where to source your products, according to Sara Petitt, coordinator of the fabric styling program at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Successful photo stylists can come from any background. They usually make their mark by doing a good job and gaining business through word-of-mouth. Photo stylists can be paid hourly or by the project.

Get more business tips or how to make money online
@ https://www.venzeetutorials.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

8 Common Mistakes When Starting A Business / Who Stole My 2019����� / E-commerce Website, Facebook Page And Fashion Products For Sale!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.