Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,902 members, 7,935,864 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes (32276 Views)

Lagos Light Rail: Pictures Of Marina Train Station Under Construction / Interior Pictures Of The Trains To Be Used For The Lagos Light Rail / Profiling The Beauty Of Lagos: The Sights And The Sounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Bacteriologist(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
abumeinben:
@AutoReortNG

At this level, I don't think you need nairaland..

Make deals with auto people for featuring... Car auctioning, middle website for cars import.....

I don't know...I just feel you're bigger than posting on this platform.

Seconded. His posts are top-quality.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by AutoReportNG: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
abumeinben:
@AutoReortNG

Make deals with auto people for featuring... Car auctioning, middle website for cars import.....

Thanks for.your kind words... We are working towards that Sir... Just like a building you need a foundation and NL is helping in this regard, we are yet to see advertisers and sponsors, once we see, trust us we will diversify and expand our scope of business, pls help us to beg advertisers to reason us and we promise to deliver

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by porka: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2019
Wantedmiller:
Some River State people said they don't want this kind of project that they are not yet ripe for this kind of project Amaechi initiated just because he came from APC.

I was pushed to ask what is development then?

It is not this type of project. This is a lightrail. Rivers type is monorail.

Ameachi initiated it when he was still in PDP.. APC was not in existence when the project was conceived and started.

The sentiment is that it is merely for aesthetics if you consider the total length of 5.2 km with the costs.Total passenger capacity is not upto 50 per trip.

If you are one of the people who feel that development is all about taking pictures at train stations all over Europe and North America (like the piece of mirrow that the Europeans used on African brains in those days), then it should make sense to you.

But if you consider development as adding value to human existence you would know that infrastructure should aid productivity and not just for leisure.

3 Likes

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Yamrees are so easy to spot on nairaland these days. If only you had a jagaban in the East maybe you won't be living like pigs grin
i live in lagos and am from osun. Ole ni tinubu at awon omo e. Odidi 13 years
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2019
abumeinben:
@AutoReortNG

I'm sure he has a blog

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by bilulu(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
geesilver:

if u pass this area with ferry in high tides is when you will feel danger of the wave........ if not smart it can capsize boat. you there not off your engine when you approach the opening within the pier otherwise you will regret it
Oga forget all those excuse na wash, how did dey build those bridges? how about other countries building across oceans and seas? with the right equipment they will get the job done. they should simply tell us that there is no funding. which one is strong waves? that's how Oshiomole once said roads can't be built in raining season

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Legendguru: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
hmmm
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by KenOne: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
porka:

Ameachi initiated it when he was still in PDP.. APC was not in existence when the project was conceived and started.

The sentiment is that it is merely for aesthetics if you consider the total length of 5.2 km with the costs.Total passenger capacity is not upto 50 per trip.

If you are one of the people who feel that development is all about taking pictures at train stations all over Europe and North America (like the piece of mirrow that the Europeans used on African brains in those days), then it should make sense to you.

But if you consider development as adding value to human existence you would know that infrastructure should aid productivity and not just for leisure.

From the infrastructure i am seeing here lightrail and monorail are the same, because this is same structure used in Rivers monorail maybe the train is where the difference will be.

For you to say monorail seating capacity is 50 is a total false luxurious bus seating capacity is more than 50 not to talk of a monorail or lightrail.

Rivers state government under Amaechi under studied Malaysia monorail before embarking on it, more than three international companies were working on that project, South Africa company supervising the project, Italian company doing the electrical, megastar doing the pillar and trevor doing the tracks.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by abumeinben(m): 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Thanks for.your kind words... We are working towards that Sir... Just like a building you need a foundation and NL is helping in this regard, we are yet to see advertisers and sponsors, once we see, trust us we will diversify and expand our scope of business, pls help us to beg advertisers to reason us and we promise to deliver

Thanks

You're welcome bro...

There's nothing wrong in mailing those auto makers across the globe for first hand info on cars, expected techs and documentaries, histories and so on.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by tradepunter: 7:00pm On Jun 14, 2019
mohiozua:
Is there no remedy to the problem caused by the waves coming from the sea? It seems to be the major problem.

I think they should ask Julius Berger how they constructed the third mainland bridge. I don't know if that's a fair comparison.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by misterjosh(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
We can be so unserious in this country... 13 years on too rail network and they're still at this stage undecided
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by EmekaBlue(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
China metro being introduced in Nigeria.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Clean2016: 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
Part of Ambode's problem to rubbish Fashola. That eventually consumed him

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by geesilver(m): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
bilulu:

Oga forget all those excuse na wash, how did dey build those bridges? how about other countries building across oceans and seas? with the right equipment they will get the job done. they should simply tell us that there is no funding. which one is strong waves? that's how Oshiomole once said roads can't be built in raining season
I don't think you know anything about marine structures or water work at all you talk like a novice what else do I expect only expert would understand tides and waves relationship during construction
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by aremz(m): 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
nanauju:

The problem is your brain

I'll follow the personal text on your profile
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Wantedmiller: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2019
porka:

To be sincere with you am standing in front of the structures for the monorail typing with tear.....

I wonder Your Own definition of development....... but I believe and stand that monorail is part of development.....

Before that project was started...... there was a map for it which shows it is a workable project.

I don't think there is any project in Nigeria without a robust budget. It will ease movement for human existence. 5km Road no be come and chop.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by adeiza4u(m): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
abumeinben:
@AutoReortNG

AutoReportNG is a true definition of professional blogging! I envy bro. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2019
LAGOS IS APC AND APC IS LAGOS, CONTINUITY TILL 2080 THAT IS ALL I KNOW, I AM A TRUE BONE SENTIMENTAL IGBO GUY.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
LAGOS IS APC AND APC IS LAGOS, CONTINUITY TILL 2080 THAT IS ALL I KNOW, I AM A TRUE NONE SENTIMENTAL IGBO GUY.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by stieyven(m): 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
Yamrees are so easy to spot on nairaland these days. If only you had a jagaban in the East maybe you won't be living like pigs grin
Remember that you will stand before God on judgement day and repeat these words you typed here.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Beautyaddy: 10:45pm On Jun 14, 2019
Huh....Nigeria, a country that can't even maintain ordinary roads so it's a Light Rail they now want to venture in?

Our Wishful Thinking just Never Ends...lol! embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by porka: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2019
KenOne:

From the infrastructure i am seeing here lightrail and monorail are the same, because this is same structure used in Rivers monorail maybe the train is where the difference will be.

For you to say monorail seating capacity is 50 is a total false luxurious bus seating capacity is more than 50 not to talk of a monorail or lightrail.

Rivers state government under Amaechi under studied Malaysia monorail before embarking on it, more than three international companies were working on that project, South Africa company supervising the project, Italian company doing the electrical, megastar doing the pillar and trevor doing the tracks.

You have been heard.

People would normally get ideas from somewhere, don't you think? And companies would naturally work on projects, whether they are national or international.

But, this is how thenationonline (an APC paper) reported the project in 2017 when Ameachi himself had already joined them...

Abandoned Rivers state Monorail project
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/abandoned-rivers-state-monorail-project/amp/

Also, a monorail is not a luxury bus.

Rivers State Monorail

"Each train will be able to accommodate 172 passengers, with provision for 44 seated passengers included."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_State_Monorail

Your response shows a typical third world mindset of viewing pillars and beams as development regardless of the usefulness.

Whether Lagos lightrail and Port Harcourt monorail projects are the same? No, they are not. And it has little to do with the 'infrastructure' you see there

The "structures" you see are pillars erected inside the lagoon to hold the rail. That you saw pillars in Port Harcourt doesn't make them the same. Bridges are built across waters for the passage of motor vehicles as well. It doesn't make the Third Mainland Bridge a lightrail, for instance.

Definitions

Monorail - "n. a railway in which the track consists of a single rail, typically elevated and with the trains suspended from it."

Lightrail - "n. A rail transportation system involving trolleys, streetcars, or other, usually electrified methods of conveyance, whose rails are primarily on surface streets that are shared with other forms of transportation. light′-rail′ adj."

Your contention that the monorail in Port Harcourt amounts to development is the issue. The people there are not convinced that a 5.2km monorail is development. They think it's nothing more than "effizy".

Roads, bridges, railways, electricity/power grid, airports, telecommunications masts, etc are not just build for people to come and "see the structure", they are built for economic purpose, otherwise they end up as the "Bridge to Nowhere".

Amaechi already performed wonderfully well in healthcare and education. The schools and hospitals he built are excellent and he employed thousands of people to run them. He also built many roads. These are what people can relate to. No one criticized him for those. But for you to come and make assertions that they rejected your 'type' of development" because he is APC is distasteful.

4 Likes

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by selemo: 12:33am On Jun 15, 2019
BLACK MAN.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by safetyInspector(m): 4:10am On Jun 15, 2019
There is a big difference between Lagos light rail and Amaechi's mono rail. Amaechi's mono rail is for leisure trip while Lagos light rail is to solve transportation problem. Amaechi's mono rail can take one train at a time. Lagos light rail can accommodate two trains on opposite directions. Amaechi's mono rail is similar to what we have in Calabar. Even as rich as Dubai is they can afford to waste such amount of money for a pleasure trip with little return on investment, they built Dibai metro to solve transportation problem as well as business. Qatar is the only country I that is spending so much on a rail project which I considered as one of the trains for leisure ride because the is no need for rail transport in Doha Qatar. I guess they are doing it because 2022 world cup, they have so much money, they can afford to throw some around.
Wantedmiller:

To be sincere with you am standing in front of the structures for the monorail typing with tear.....

I wonder Your Own definition of development....... but I believe and stand that monorail is part of development.....

Before that project was started...... there was a map for it which shows it is a workable project.

I don't think there is any project in Nigeria without a robust budget. It will ease movement for human existence. 5km Road no be come and chop.
Re: The Lagos Light Rail Project: The Sights, The Feels And The Vibes by Efegoma(m): 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
another abandon project in the making. Eko oni baje bajaj

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Shares Throwback On Molue / UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules / Mechanic Apprentice Crashes A Client’s Car While Taking It For A Spin In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.