Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,187 members, 7,950,106 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam (1569 Views)

Tweet About Nigeria Winning AFCON, World Cup, Iheanacho & Ndidi For Ballon D'or / Messi, Kane, Neymar Nominated For Ballon D'or. / No Sight Of Ronaldo As Drogba, Messi, Vandijk Arrive With Family For Ballon D’or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by queenonyebiri1(f): 11:01am On Jun 15, 2019
Cristiano Ronaldo has been mercilessly mocked on Twitter for indirectly begging for Ballon d'Or after he thanked Juventus and Portugal fans on Instagram.

The Juventus forward last night looked back on a successful first season in Italy, while listing his memorable achievements for the year.

Ronaldo saw Juventus to an eighth straight Serie A title while winning the Italian Player of the Year award, scoring 21 goals.

On the international stage the 34-year-old forward captained Portugal to a win in the inaugural Nations League, netting a hat-trick to see off Switzerland in the semi-finals. Portugal added the Nations League to the 2016 European Championships.

The former Real Madrid star was fulsome in his praise of the Turin faithful and his country’s fans, giving them credit for their support in the club's and country's latest triumph.

He wrote on his Instagram official website:

What an unforgettable season! New experiences, gigantic club, exciting city, broken records and three more titles!I have to thank all of Juventus fans for the wonderfull way I was welcomed in Italy!

You’re a very important part of our victories! Thanks to all my fans around the world and particularly to the portuguese people that helped us reach another historical win for Portugal! You’ll allways have a special place in my heart!

Personaly, I’ll never forget the great moments and new record-breaking achievments I’ve had so far in 2019: - Italian Supercup winning goal;- Serie A win, Best Player and 21 goals;- Nations League win and hat-trick;- First Player to reach 100 wins and 125 goals in Champions League;- First Player to win 10 UEFA titles;- First Player to score in all National Teams final stages: FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Cup, FIFA Confederations Cup and UEFA Nations League;- First Player to score in 10 consecutive National Teams final stages from 2004 to 2019.

See you soon! Together we’ll keep fighting for new and amazing conquests! I’m counting on you!

But fans are not buying the post. Many mocked him for begging for Ballon d'Or award which is still six months away.

Click the link below to see fans reaction:

https://www.queensmail.com/2019/06/twitter-mocks-ronaldo-for-begging-for.html

Source: [url]QUEENSMAIL.COM[/url]

Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by Kneephy(m): 11:09am On Jun 15, 2019
Oko messi
Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by thesicilian: 11:16am On Jun 15, 2019
Both Messi and Ronaldo should forget about the Ballon D'or this season. No goat is worthy of it for now, only an exciting young talent is going to win it.
Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by kleverley(m): 11:30am On Jun 15, 2019
I'm yet to comprehend how listing of one's achievements translates into begging for ballon d'or
anyone who knows better should elucidate

1 Like

Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by cosymyman: 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
hmm
Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by PlayerMeji: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Same way I clearly don't see why Messi has to leave Barcelona to play football elsewhere before I will acknowledge his greatness.

kleverley:
I'm yet to comprehend how listing of one's achievements translates into begging for ballon d'or
anyone who knows better should elucidate

1 Like

Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by kleverley(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2019
grin grin bros if u know me well ehh
I love messi scatter ...
Na my moniker be that for football oo
PlayerMeji:
Same way I clearly don't see why Messi has to leave Barcelona to play football elsewhere before I will acknowledge his greatness.

Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by PlayerMeji: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
My brother, no beef intended ooo

Just stating the obvious ni jare....

kleverley:
grin grin bros if u know me well ehh
I love messi scatter ...
Na my moniker be that for football oo
Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by gurunlocker: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2019
He knew his chance is slim.... So he has to be doing the marketing so the media can do there job as always.

I wish Bernardo Silva can as well list his achievements with Man city also, so he can know the difference.
Re: Twitter Mocks Ronaldo For Begging For Ballon D'or On Instragam by kleverley(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2019
PlayerMeji:
My brother, no beef intended ooo
Just stating the obvious ni jare....
its alright bro

(1) (Reply)

Best Prediction Site / Uefa Cup Final Preview: Shakhtar Donetsk – Werder Bremen / Can The Super (chickens) Eagles Stop Messi And Higuian From Scoring Against Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.