Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,429 members, 7,917,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:22 AM

Another American Dies In The Dominican Republic, As Family Desperate For Answers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another American Dies In The Dominican Republic, As Family Desperate For Answers (401 Views)

Desperate Nigerian Seeking Asylum Begged To Be Declared Wanted – Police / Police Withdraw Magu’s Security As Family Raises Alarm Over Safety / A Pregnant Woman Raped By Fulani Herdsmen Dies In Presence Of Ortom (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another American Dies In The Dominican Republic, As Family Desperate For Answers by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
A mother has mysteriously died while on vacation in the Dominican Republic, as her son is now desperate for answers.

According to a report by SILive.com, Leyla Cox of Staten Island had traveled to the popular tourist destination on Wednesday, June 5 for her birthday and never returned.

Her son William Cox said he last spoke to his mother on June 2, just a few days before she set off.

William told SILive.com: “I called her on a Sunday and wished her a happy birthday,” “I told her I love her.”

The trip was Leyla’s second time visiting the island and as she prepared for her solo adventure, William said he and his family warned her not to go.

“My family wanted her to not go on this vacation,” William explained to SILive.com. “I truly believe if my mother was not in the Dominican Republic, she would have been alive right now.”

“With everything going on in the news right now, we think she’s a casualty of what’s been happening,” he said.

SILive.com further said that Leyla was found dead at 53 in her hotel room and according to William, the U.S. Embassy officials explained her death had been ruled as a heart attack.

“I am overwhelmed and confused and in shock,” William told the outlet. “Her birthday was on June 9 and she passed away on June 10.”

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/family-desperate-for-answers-as-another-american-dies-in-the-dominican-republic/

1 Share

Re: Another American Dies In The Dominican Republic, As Family Desperate For Answers by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
cc lalasticlala
Re: Another American Dies In The Dominican Republic, As Family Desperate For Answers by meezynetwork(m): 6:26am On Jun 16, 2019
What is happening there. Americans take note

(1) (Reply)

PDP Senator Caught On Camera Slapping A Lady In Abuja / Nollywood Actress, Simbee Davis, Accuses Mc Galaxy Of Rape After A Dance Rehears / Police Arrest 32 Suspected Cultists, Recover Arms In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.