Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,820 members, 7,889,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:31 PM

“I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / “I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. (1094 Views)

Man Buys A Car For #1,000,000 Naira And Learnt A Lesson He Will Never Forget!!! / Karwa Chauth Vrat Vidhi For Unmarried Girls 2022 / Lagos Fiesta: Three Things I Learnt About Average Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. by Denko2721987(m): 9:39am On Jun 16, 2019

- A US activist named Candace Owens recently weighed in on the issue of modern-day feminism

- The lady who was once a feminist condemned the concept and called it a scam

- Many have reacted to Candace's vehement opposition of feminism

US activist Candace Owens recently spoke at Turning Point, USA’s Young Women’s Leadership Summit in Texas. Here, she spoke of a change in her stance on modern-day feminism. The lady who used to be a strong advocate of feminism said she has realized all too late that it is a scam.

According to her, feminism as a concept and practice is not aimed at uplifting others but at tearing women down. The ex-feminist opposed feminist practitioners vehemently and even pointed accusing fingers at some celebrities who promote it.

Even more, Candace spoke of a 55-year-old woman who share her opinion on modern-day feminism. According to her, the lady voiced out about how much she regrets dabbling in its practice.

Read Candace's words below:
“What the left is really good at doing is hijacking a term that once meant something and pretending that it’s still the same thing when, in fact, it’s not. Really, if you want to see something toxic, tell a feminist - who says they support every idea a woman has - tell a feminist that you’re not a feminist and see what happens. See the way that you get treated.

“I can’t think of women that are nastier and meaner than the ones who exist under these hats, right?"

It was after this that she told the crowd about an upsetting comment she read online after having a conversation on the dangers of feminism with Allie Beth Stuckey. According to her, the comment was from a 55-year-old woman who said she fell for the modern day feminist lies.

"I learnt too late that feminism was a scam. Today I am 55, I am unmarried, I have passed the age I can have children & I have to take medicines to help keep me happy, and that is the scam of feminism. If there’s anything I could go back and do, I would’ve warned myself against the scam of feminism.

Owens brought up a number of far-left feminist icons in Hollywood, including Lena Dunham, Miley Cyrus, and Chelsea Handler.

“I believe these voices like Lena Dunham, and Miley Cyrus, and Chelsea Handler are convincing women against themselves, telling women, ‘You don’t need a man. You don’t need anyone. You should want to do everything by yourself. And if you do aspire to that - if you aspire toward nature — then something’s wrong with you."

She told the crowd to “pause” and ask the following question:
“Who is the most extreme feminist you know today?”

“Ask yourself a very simple question: Do you think those women are happy?” she asked. “There’s no chance that they’re happy.”​

“That is why I believe feminism is a scam,” she continued. “It’s not about uplifting women. It’s about tearing women down.”​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9rp0DrpyBo

Sources:-
https://www.legit.ng/1243120-feminism-a-scam-us-feminist-candace-owens-video.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My take:- I feel the original essence of feminism from a pure right-minded perspective was solely for the promotion and attainment of equal rights and justice among women which I totally support because it's just the humanly thing to do in addressing the many ills of the world specifically with regards to ending the many injustices, suppression, and oppression against women. But again and unfortunately, I think this primarily essence was hijacked and sabotaged to mean and promote something entirely different which is the reason for its continuous rejection now by many women which it was intended to help which is quite a shame.. Or could it be that the world has a general misconception about what feminism truly is about?

Now, what's your take..

Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: “I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. by ckmayoca: 10:01am On Jun 16, 2019
U donmit
Re: “I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. by ckmayoca: 10:01am On Jun 16, 2019
U donmit.
Re: “I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. by Denko2721987(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2019
ckmayoca:
U donmit.

I mean it oo... na as i take see am na so u they see am oo..
Re: “I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. by Missnande(f): 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2019
I support her claim. Most modern day feminists do not even know the definition of feminism which does not in anyway include fighting against men
Re: “I Learnt Too Late That Feminism Was A Scam. Today I Am 55 And Unmarried”. by Renida: 8:27am On May 03, 2020
cool

(1) (Reply)

Why We Choose OJEZ To Manage Railway Guest House – MD, Nigeria Railway / I Need An Affordable Hall! / Carniriv 2013'green World Edition'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.