Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,904 members, 7,906,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance (15206 Views)

Bloodbath: 185,450 Crypto Investors Lose All Their Funds As Bitcoin Drops To $38 / Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N11.52bn In Five Days / Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
mapet:
The sad thing is all posters above me but 1 did not read the article. Even if they did, they are most likely not able to comprehend as they have demonstrated lack of capacity for rational thinking.

1. The headline is grossly misleading. There is no connection between Islamic finance and the alleged N17b decline.
2. When headlines (journalists) themselves are watery, why will unintelligent people not lap it and twist narratives.
3. For God's sakes these are normal market swings that portend both opportunities and losses.
Do you blame them? I blame the mods, they just push every lies to front page these days, to them, traffic is all that matters
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by jammer777: 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
Firefire:
[s][/s]

Seriously?
Eradicate innovation and promote sunnah?

I want to assume it was a typo...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by NaMeAboki: 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
Destiny34:
Islam is a cursed!! Every about Islam is backwardness and poverty...

Very stupid comment; I bet you didn't even bother to read the article but relied on the OP's misleading headline before rushing to insult Islam.

The OP is obviously a bigot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Firefire(m): 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
jammer777:

Seriously?

grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
I guess the N500bn that flatheadedd yamreee in Central Bank stole is starting to have effect. For Pete sake why would buhari keep such a criminal in Central Bank when it's obvious he helped the previous administration loot money through the central bank.

Buhari kept the SS man because they both are top frauds

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by baloo(m): 7:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
@mappet.Thank you for the comment.I don't know why some Nigerians are so hypocritical and sterotype.For God sake the Islamic Finance is what is practiced in UAE,Kuwait and some parts of UK.Majority of the business class Nigerians flock there for business and vacation(Dubai a typical example) but yet rather than for us to study what those countries have done to develop their economy and implement same in Nigeria,they choose to propagate Islamophobia.The FGN roads constructed sukkuk is a model for other state goverments us to follow.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by shigoawesu(m): 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
Destiny34:
Do you read the news at all, or you read and you didn't understand

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by anataala: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
And unfortunately you and your unborn generations can't change anything about Islam. Get lost.
Destiny34:
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Bellotelli: 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
mapet:
The sad thing is all posters above me but 1 did not read the article. Even if they did, they are most likely not able to comprehend as they have demonstrated lack of capacity for rational thinking.

1. The headline is grossly misleading. There is no connection between Islamic finance and the alleged N17b decline.
2. When headlines (journalists) themselves are watery, why will unintelligent people not lap it and twist narratives.
3. For God's sakes these are normal market swings that portend both opportunities and losses.
My brother, Journalism in Nigeria is one of the main cause of conflict. They understand that an average Nigerian don't read to understand and they capitalize on that.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by DrKKK1(m): 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2019
Why the hysteric and venomous attacks on Islam simply because it was mentioned on the title of the article? Is that what Christianity teaches? May Allah's anger be on the poster that deliberately frame such title in order to deride Islam. From the dosiers of ignorance responses above, it's safe to conclude that islamophobia is real in Nigeria. How on earth should people be so hysteric to jump at insults without reading? I read the piece above hoping to see how Islamic finance triggered the loss of 17billion in the NSE and bad enough it was not there. the last leg of the long article only indicated getting experts to sensitize people on Islamic finance. it is unfortunate that the children of hates and perdition rushed to work without their brains.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by fairhope: 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Whats so special about this ponzi scheme called islamic finance. Be warned, it is the broadway to hell.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Khaleell001(m): 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:
Islam promotes fraud aswear
This ignoramus think he has said something noteworthy. I pity your ignorance.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Khaleell001(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
jammer777:

Seriously?

Despite the availability of the internet and with the help of google Search engine you choose to br ignorant.
When I read quote like yours;I would rather choose illiteracy over your kind of "eduaction."

Bigots like you are our problems.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Khaleell001(m): 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
DrKKK1:
Why the hysteric and venomous attacks on Islam simply because it was mentioned on the title of the article? Is that what Christianity teaches? May Allah's anger be on the poster that deliberately frame such title in order to deride Islam. From the dosiers of ignorance responses above, it's safe to conclude that islamophobia is real in Nigeria. How on earth should people be so hysteric to jump at insults without reading? I read the piece above hoping to see how Islamic finance triggered the loss of 17billion in the NSE and bad enough it was not there. the last leg of the long article only indicated getting experts to sensitize people on Islamic finance. it is unfortunate that the children of hates and perdition rushed to work without their brains.

The unfortunate idiots we have to deal with on a daily basis are our problems.
They can read but lack the ability to comprehend.
They can, curse but lack the staying power to research.
They can be gullible but lack the independent mindedness to constructive ,critique what is presented before them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Alkanoicacid(m): 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
mapet:

Come and see as I was laughing at their stupidity. And they will be claiming that they are educated.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2019
17b loss isn't related to the launch of Islamic finance . OP was being sentimental by linking the loss to Islamic finance launch.So many bigots then followed him blindly.
In every stock market,u have your highs n lows which is no different from what happened.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by haybhi1(m): 12:45am On Jun 17, 2019
jammer777:

Seriously?

Actually bro, in Islamic context, the word 'innovation' is a very common word used to mean 'innovation or introduction or alteration of the *ALREADY ESTABLISHED* Islamic modus operandi,' which is an unacceptable action because they're believed to have been already perfected by God ('in the name of 'Sunnah')
It is not used to mean Islam *opposes* scientific or societal development as your instincts obviously have led you to believe.

In fact, this is a common discussion among Islamic scholars, bro.
So, you didn't read wrong, but you misunderstood the context of what what you read connotes.

#Peace bro.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by haybhi1(m): 12:47am On Jun 17, 2019
Khaleell001:

Despite the availability of the internet and with the help of google Search engine you choose to br ignorant.
When I read quote like yours;I would rather choose illiteracy over your kind of "eduaction."

Bigots like you are our problems.

You're expected to rather have explained in a comprehensible manner to the guy who obviously didn't understand the meaning of the contextual words combo, than attacking this way.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by DedeNkem: 12:53am On Jun 17, 2019
Muslims are actively destroying this country!
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by coolnews: 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2019
Take it or leave it, Islam is the best thing that can ever happen to you in this world.
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by 9jaRealist: 3:27am On Jun 18, 2019
careytommy37:
Everybody run for cover.
Islamic finance is just advanced communism.
Cletus77:
As investors hear "Islamic finance"
Na so everybody pack their load o...them no fit shout grin

Believe that at your own financial peril...
There’s a reason that London has become arguably the (or one of the) world’s leading center of Islamic Finance.

Islamic Financing is basically a firm of “ethical” financing...
In that it will not be used for certain activities, but you still earn a coupon (even though it’s not called “interest”).
>
Re: Nigeria: Investors lose N17b in 4 days,as NSE set to accelerate Islamic finance by 9jaRealist: 3:36am On Jun 18, 2019
baloo:
@mappet.Thank you for the comment.I don't know why some Nigerians are so hypocritical and sterotype.For God sake the Islamic Finance is what is practiced in UAE,Kuwait and some parts of UK. Majority of the business class Nigerians flock there for business and vacation(Dubai a typical example) but yet rather than for us to study what those countries have done to develop their economy and implement same in Nigeria,they choose to propagate Islamophobia.The FGN roads constructed sukkuk is a model for other state goverments us to follow.

Not quite...

Regular finance dominates financing in all three countries (although each has significant Islamic financing components, and both London and Dubai are each in competition to be the foremost Islamic Financial center in the world).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paradise Payment Crashes...how True Is This? / MMM Begins Matching of Participants / 5 Habits that Make People Stay In Poverty For Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.