Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,678 members, 7,878,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:41 AM

Spouse Before Kids? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spouse Before Kids? (1869 Views)

How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by bukatyne(f): 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
nahzyla:

My state of mind is not the issue.

Your questionable opinion about putting spouse welfare before children is the issue.

Ok.

Put your children before your husband.

EOD.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by nahzyla: 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
bukatyne:

Who has higher chances of survival? Whose issue is urgent?

The husband and wife decide way forward depending on their peculiar situation.

Both situations are equally critical

2 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by nahzyla: 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
bukatyne:

Ok.

EOD.

Thank you.

OK.

Put your husbands welfare before your little children.

EOD.

Thanks cool

2 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by LordKO(m): 9:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
nahzyla:

OK

So

Assuming there is just one plate of food left in a house with husband, wife and their one child.

So wifey should give the food to her husband and let her child starve because she puts her spouse first?

Where oneness is the bond that hold a couple both their individual and collective action(s) automatically become a collective decision.

It's so unfortunate that most of you believe in marriage but don't believe in its soul which is oneness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by Esthered: 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
nahzyla:

Of course, kids first. Then they get older and independent or married even then you can resume putting your spouse first.

What if he doesn't live long enough till they become independent, he remains an option and never gets the best of his wife because of kids and vice versa.
Madam my aunt retired from Total ng, she and hubby gave her children the best, made sacrifices...... today she can't walk well and the kids are doing very well to send her to India and the likes for a surgery but none has deemed it fit despite the abundance of resources. The house she stays in her husband's village wasn't renovated to befit her status. It's her and her husband now but her health has dwindled for him to get the best of her.
I'm beginning to think if a poll is carried out where people talk of their fulfilment in their marriages but anonymously, I'm not sure to read/hear good commentaries based on the me and my kids syndrome epidemic.

1 Like

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by bukatyne(f): 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
LordKO:

Where oneness is the bond that hold a couple both their individual and collective action(s) automatically become a collective decision.

It's so unfortunate that most of you believe in marriage but don't believe in its soul which is oneness.

@bold:

Words on marble.

6 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
A couple can look after their needs as husband and wife while simultaneously ensuring the kids' own are met. It shouldn't be an either-or situation.

2 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by nahzyla: 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2019
LordKO:

You and the other person seem not to understand my topic

Nobody said you should not be one with your spouse.

My topic said put your children's welfare first before each other.

'Welfare' here is the keyword.

Did you people even read the Opening post?

1 Like

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by LordKO(m): 9:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
nahzyla:

You and the other person seem not to understand my topic

Nobody said you should not be one with your spouse.

My topic said put your children's welfare first before each other.

'Welfare' here is the keyword.

Did you people even read the Opening post?

Believe you me, I read and understand it well. So, you're the person who don't and won't understand our viewpoint because of the obvious reason.

When you and your husband understand what oneness is and achieve it, you'll automatically see your husband speaking through you both in his presence and absence and vice versa. Where there's oneness there's understanding and everything that represents good.

7 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by Acidosis(m): 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
Madam, your partner before the kids please. If you love your son so well, you would want him to be with a woman that puts him first and above all.

1 Like

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
I cannot believe there is still an ongoing argument regarding this obviously straightforward issue, who says anything about neglecting your spouse, who says anything about the absence of oneness, we are talking about priority and welfare of kids above the spouse, it can NEVER be balanced, no matter how you look at it, one will be higher than the other and in this case, it should be the KIDS, jeez.

3 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by mrblessed(m): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
Validation! Validation! Validation! When are you moving to the Federal Capital Territory?
Re: Spouse Before Kids? by 0neal(m): 10:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
Even before starting a business, one is required to have a PLAN; if a survey is done, how many families make out time to come up with a PLAN (education standard, welfare and all) for their Unborn Kid(s) before conception?

When some couples don't even have a preconception PLAN on how their parenting style will be, then it's no surprise this topic will be an issue.

In my Opinion from birth - 18yrs, or whenever they leave for higher institution, kids should have the utmost priority from both parent; its not subject to debate during the formative years (Discipline, Coaching and Guidance Stage) of a Child.
Re: Spouse Before Kids? by crackhaus: 10:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
bukatyne:

Ok.

EOD.

Thank you.
cheesy

Why did you even bother?
Re: Spouse Before Kids? by nahzyla: 11:07pm On Jun 16, 2019
0neal:
Even before starting a business, one is required to have a PLAN; if a survey is done, how many families make out time to come up with a PLAN (education standard, welfare and all) for their Unborn Kid(s) before conception?

When some couples don't even have a preconception PLAN on how their parenting style will be, then it's no surprise this topic will be an issue.

In my Opinion from birth - 18yrs, or whenever they leave for higher institution, kids should have the utmost priority from both parent; its not subject to debate during the formative years (Discipline, Coaching and Guidance Stage) of a Child.

I can't even understand the ridiculous mindset of putting children wellbeing last after spouse.

Sad state of mind of many Nigerian parents.

1 Like

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by nahzyla: 11:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
I cannot believe there is still an ongoing argument regarding this obviously straightforward issue, who says anything about neglecting your spouse, who says anything about the absence of oneness, we are talking about priority and welfare of kids above the spouse, it can NEVER be balanced, no matter how you look at it, one will be higher than the other and in this case, it should be the KIDS, jeez.

cool

Sure
Re: Spouse Before Kids? by 0neal(m): 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2019
nahzyla:

I can't even understand the ridiculous mindset of putting children wellbeing last after spouse.

Sad state of mind of many Nigerian parents.

The key is BALANCE...IMO "parenting course" should be made compulsory for couples intending to get married; it won't even be out of place if the court start asking for a documented "Family Plan" before legalizing marriages grin

1 Like

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by sacx: 12:31am On Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for this thread, placing kids before spouse. We just got the recipe for a loveless marriage cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Spouse Before Kids? by nahzyla: 7:04am On Jun 17, 2019
0neal:

The key is BALANCE...IMO "parenting course" should be made compulsory for couples intending to get married; it won't even be out of place if the court start asking for a documented "Family Plan" before legalizing marriages grin

True.
So many people having children these days without knowing a single thing about raising kids.
Re: Spouse Before Kids? by Acidosis(m): 8:12am On Jun 17, 2019
nahzyla:

Both situations are equally critical
In a critical situation, who would you put first? Your partner or your toddler?

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Keep Sleeping With Him Without Any Commitment / Extramarital Affairs,would you apologize to your extended family? / Evil Mother Dumps Day-old baby In Pit (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.