Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,469 members, 7,917,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:19 AM

Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android (41844 Views)

CALYX OS: Better Than Android And More Private Than IOS? / Huawei Hongmeng OS Is Reportedly “60% Faster” Than Google’s Android / 1 Million Huawei Phones Spotted With Hongmeng OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Prodigy6ix(m): 12:09am On Jun 17, 2019
There's a serious life lesson to learn from all this.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Baselm: 12:11am On Jun 17, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
lol ur comment was the kind I was looking for coz I'm in a place that I couldn't type. You just spoke my mind, Chinese operate a communist system which is one of the most dangerous since history. They are fraudsters, would they tell you the OS is not up to expectations, offcourse not, they will so hup themselves to Africans coz this is where they are targeting. Make god provide money, we went dey use chinko know say na wack, we just have too much responsibilities to spent four money on iPhones

Even if the OS is not up to expectations initially, give them 1 year, they will perfect it.
China has over 1 billion population,hence it is almost self sufficient, plus they hold a large control on Africa.

We all saw how Tecno started. If Huawei should succeed,Xiaomi , Tecno, Infinix, Itel and others will follow them to avoid similar sanctions. ulimately, I see US losing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by blackaxe78: 12:17am On Jun 17, 2019
narttis1:

It seems you guys don't get it. If Huawei successfully launches it's OS, that marks the beginning of the end for Android. You all talking about Facebook, Twitter and stuff, don't forget Huawei is also leading in 5G technology which has applications like Internet of things (IoT), driverless cars etc.
Imagine a social app backed by 5G with IoT applications, imagine your phone remotely communicating with your car or using your phone to drive your car, that's what we're talking about.
With such applications, it won't be long before Facebook et al joins their big brother, yahoo messenger in oblivion.
Huawei will still be the long term winner in this.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by blackaxe78: 12:19am On Jun 17, 2019
narttis1:

It seems you guys don't get it. If Huawei successfully launches it's OS, that marks the beginning of the end for Android. You all talking about Facebook, Twitter and stuff, don't forget Huawei is also leading in 5G technology which has applications like Internet of things (IoT), driverless cars etc.
Imagine a social app backed by 5G with IoT applications, imagine your phone remotely communicating with your car or using your phone to drive your car, that's what we're talking about.
With such applications, it won't be long before Facebook et al joins their big brother, yahoo messenger in oblivion.

Sincerely, I wont go into discussion with you cos your composition is riddled with much you dont know about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by pyrex23(m): 12:27am On Jun 17, 2019
henryobinna:
you don't the hongmeng or whatever OS is still android OS just not the Google version...
I know its still based on android

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nancy2020(f): 12:49am On Jun 17, 2019
kokomaster3d:

China doesnt use all these. They have their own social media sites.
their phones they sell won't have it in those places that what matters so it Will be a problem... Imagine you buy it but can't use those websites
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by BrownRoofRep: 12:54am On Jun 17, 2019
freemi:
apps like which?
Will you use phone that you can't install
WhatsApp
Instagram
Facebook and Messenger
Google Chrome
Twitter
And other American own popular apps?

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Emmiekeyz(m): 12:56am On Jun 17, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:

That means when money stops flowing na.
No, it means when money stop leaking...
cheesy
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by BrownRoofRep: 12:59am On Jun 17, 2019
Dottore:

First and foremost they don't need US to survive.

They were banned in the US since early 2018 get it didn't stop their continuous growth. China alone has the about 800million ACTIVE daily netizens accounting for the world's highest so having 200million out of this is more than enough to sustain Huawei’s existence not to talk of other Asian countries besides they said their OS will be compatible with all existing Android apps.
Even if they fail to run popular apps like whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube they'd find a way to force their Chinese alternatives down the throat of their customers especially Africans and you'd see it work. All they have to do is make them available in English and make the advert rates cheaper. Already youku (Chinese YouTube) has more than 1.2 billion active monthly users despite running only in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong, we chat doubles as Facebook and whatsapp and has about the same number of active users. Infact presently wechat doesn't just sign up anybody that has a mobile number. They are forming premium. It means you have to meet certain conditions before you get signed up. Such conditions include having an existing user who hasn't been previously banned referring you by scanning a QR code from the new users phone. And such existing user must have signed up for their electronicpay services. No time for nonsense.
My brother I bet you that in the next 3 years Google would be seeking a merger.
I don't think you get it
There are alternatives to all those websites but only Chinese are using them.
Social media strives on ecosystem.
How many of your friends use weechat instead of WhatsApp etc.

They will force them on you which at the end you'll abandone them.
This is exactly what killed Windows Mobile.

Get it in your heads bro, this is not about being banned in America only.
You can't synchronise your Google accounts.
Your popular playstore games won't work.
No Facebook Apps
Instagram
Messenger
WhatsApp
Twitter etc.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Slingah23(m): 1:02am On Jun 17, 2019
It would look like badagry exp. Road
otiwisdom:
I wonder if Nigeria had an OS,how would it look like. undecided
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by xyz123456: 1:20am On Jun 17, 2019
blackaxe78:

And you believe a Tesla new in this play will knock of Toyota. Let Toyota come up with its own fully electric.

Till then, Toyota holds the market. Which I know it would take them great steps to fall if they finally get to come into electric.

We talking of brands at the top of the pyramid.
Oga, there have been many brands at the top of pyramid richer than Toyots that tech companies have displaced before if they don't innovate. If Toyota don't innovate immediately, they will lose major customer.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Dottore: 3:27am On Jun 17, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

I don't think you get it
There are alternatives to all those websites but only Chinese are using them.
Social media strives on ecosystem.
How many of your friends use weechat instead of WhatsApp etc.

They will force them on you which at the end you'll abandone them.
This is exactly what killed Windows Mobile.

Get it in your heads bro, this is not about being banned in America only.
You can't synchronise your Google accounts.
Your popular playstore games won't work.
No Facebook Apps
Instagram
Messenger
WhatsApp
Twitter etc.
Why would one abandon their alternatives since they already are standing tall in a trade friendly ecosystem of over 1billion existing users. Before whatsapp, yahoo messenger was standing tall, then came BBM but whatsapp took over. telegram is locking horns with whatsapp but I tell you wechat and tercent qq would pull them down if the Chinese relaxes their current sign up process because they are not only user friendly with nice user interfaces but they are embedded with powerful tools that facilitate international trading and payments.
WhatsApp has about 1.5billion users worldwide whereas wechat has about 1billion even though it's still only in Asia. Why not do the arithmetic yourself and see that wechat has a potential of gaining more ground if it starts running by default in New phones.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Dottore: 3:58am On Jun 17, 2019
blackaxe78:

You amazed me with the Africa you mentioned. This are the most hard core consumers you have in the world. Forget the opinion they patronize Huawei phones much, in reality, its just affordable. Just let Rihanna flaunt an iPhone 10(example) and you will see 10,000 units sold in Nigeria alone next day.

You want to get Africa away from Google, Facebook and Instagram? You want to take them out of trend? The China mentality is stuck in our heads. We believe you inferior using a Chinese product.

Is not a same Africa where they worship Benz, BMW, Audi and Volkswagen above others and believe you just stepping up with a Toyota? Am giving you market and consumer trends.

Forget this hype. Reality will play very soon. 5 years I give that OS.

Why would one abandon the chinese alternatives to YouTube, Facebook, whatsapp, etc since they already are standing tall in a trade friendly ecosystem of over 1billion existing users. Before whatsapp, yahoo messenger was standing tall, then came BBM but whatsapp took over. Telegram is locking horns with whatsapp but I tell you wechat and tercent qq would pull them down if the Chinese relaxes their current sign up process because they are not only user friendly with nice user interfaces but they are embedded with powerful tools that facilitate international trading and payments.
WhatsApp has about 1.5billion users worldwide whereas wechat has about 1billion even though it's still only in Asia. Why not do the arithmetic yourself and see that wechat has a potential of gaining more ground if it starts running by default in New phones.
HUAWEI didn't become worlds second largest phone maker within a very short period of time by being stupid.
Presently China with their Belt and Road program has proven to not only form a greater alliance with Africa more than the US but is holding so many at ransom with helpless debts but the debtor countries are not complaining because China is yet to start meddling into Africa's political affairs unlike the US and that's the greatest worry of America. Having seen that
Between 2014 and 2016, China's total trade volume in the countries along the Belt and Road exceeded $3 trillion, created $1.1 billion revenues and 180,000 jobs for the countries involved. China has signed cooperational document on the belt and road initiative with 126 countries and 29 international organisations
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by olalat(m): 4:28am On Jun 17, 2019
martineverest:
u are a software developer as u are talking like a novice??..smh

how many Asian countries use Chinese android os?..Koreans,Japanese,Taiwanese,Singaporean etc don't use Chinese android..they use Google Android because Chinese android is riddled with spyware.do u even realise that takes only china and very few Asians countries that uses WeChat?....other Asians countries use Facebook, whatsapp, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat etc...which aren't present in china.

windowsphone,tizen OS,webos,symbian is etc failed because of lack of developers support.huawei won't even go past 1 percent market shares

if u think it's easy to gain market share ask Google about the market share of their chrome os
oga stop blowing unnecessary grammer. I remember when techno phone first entered Africa markets, it was so inferior that we call it aboki phone. Look at them now. There is every possibility that will get it right with time. US hegemony is too much for the world to go unchallenged. Do you Huawei to go down without try at all. Who tells you they are not aware of those fact you stated above and not working round it? Let them try pls.

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Awaja(m): 5:23am On Jun 17, 2019
Every barricades turns to Gold in the hands of great minds
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by nengibo: 5:30am On Jun 17, 2019
patrickmuf:
This aggressive market strategy by Uncle Sam will likely backfire. I trust the Chinese government to compel all the mobile phone companies in China to go for the Huawei OS and you know what that means, they have the African and Asian Market and will compete for the European market. Huawei might just become the biggest beneficiary of the trade war.
I doubt it, a company as large as and experienced in software development as Microsoft couldn't survive a battle with Android, then its Chinko expensive Huawei that will? Abeg live that one

1 Like

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by jaggedboi(m): 5:45am On Jun 17, 2019
. We cannot confirm these claims till we get a chance to test it out for ourselves. For all you know, it may just be a matter of building hype for a Chinese alternative to Android OS.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 17, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:

That means when money stops flowing na.

No. Remember the woman with an issue of blood in the bible?

When she said "for I know that if I can touch the hem of His garment, I'll be made well".

When she did, her illness stopped.

That's what I meant.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Sharmeenator(m): 6:18am On Jun 17, 2019
narttis1:

You guys just stop this Huawei 5G hype. You think 5G is new? Huawei might be the first to launch it into the consumer market, but 5G tech has been since and it was stolen from the US by the Chinese. This is the crux of the trade war. Just wait and see how it plays out soon
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by henryobinna(m): 6:36am On Jun 17, 2019
pyrex23:

I know its still based on android
not just based on android, it's a non-google reskined android... so all android apps would work flawlessly... everything would almost remain the same but everything that has to do with official playstore and all things google would change, that's the major difference.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by freemi(m): 6:37am On Jun 17, 2019
BrownRoofRep:
Will you use phone that you can't install WhatsApp Instagram Facebook and Messenger Google Chrome Twitter And other American own popular apps?
h m m.nawa
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Arkmanbuddy(m): 6:39am On Jun 17, 2019
kennygee:

No. Remember the woman with an issue of blood in the bible?

When she said "for I know that if I can touch the hem of His garment, I'll be made well".

When she did, her illness stopped.

That's what I meant.

I know now, the blood flow stopped.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by henryobinna(m): 6:39am On Jun 17, 2019
narttis1:

Is that the latest propaganda? The Chinese government forced who to do what? Do you know the US government get data about you from Facebook, Twitter, instagram and the other US companies? Have you asked yourself why is the US requiring you to submit your social media profile as part of visa applications? Which country spies on us more than the US? Google spies on every android.
Huawei is for a private individual, not the Chinese government. The US should learn to accept the fact that they can't be leaders everyday in everything. Other people are also intelligent
you're being incoherent, so I'll only address one misconception... The US embassy does not ask for your social media profile when applying for Visa becasue the government wants it but because some of you would badmouth the US on the internet would even make some terrorist statements abd still want to enter the USA... they want to confirm the kind of individual they're letting in, am I support that 100%, I wish Nigeria would do same
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 17, 2019
Arkmanbuddy:

I know now, the blood flow stopped.

That's to say she was healed.

My bank account needs healing.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Ahmeduana(m): 6:51am On Jun 17, 2019
IT WILL NOT MAKE ME STOP BUYING ANDROID PHONES. undecided
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Simonary88: 7:05am On Jun 17, 2019
Hmm

Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by bravesoul247(m): 7:13am On Jun 17, 2019
CID11:
will there be facebook,instagram,twitter,Linken and watsapp
I think they will be scrapped.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by bravesoul247(m): 7:15am On Jun 17, 2019
afroniger:
Necessity is the mother of invention. Huawei is using this crisis it's experiencing to innovate. This will only further enrich the tech/mobile OS ecosystem and give consumers more choices. If Apple could survive with it's iOS (even as a niche product) then I see no reason why Huawei's OS too can't, with time.
but IOS has whatsapp, LinkedIn etc which is why they are still relevant but Huawei won't be having those apps anymore.
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by boyjo: 7:18am On Jun 17, 2019
Hm, these atheists.

Someone on Nairaland once said, "the day power leaves US tothe Chinese or is it Asians, Christians go hear wenn!"

They habe perfected 5G, now this.

Dear Father in Heaven, give us the grace to receive the wisdom you are pouring on your children. Amen
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by bravesoul247(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:

This is a big lie. Stop telling lies.

Tecno and Infinix are so useless in China that no one buys them. Xiaomi, Oppo and Co are popular.

Ever heard of Tencent? I'm sure you've not. That's what Huawei would become. Popular in China, worthless outside China.

Or can you use a phone without Facebook, Watsapp, Instagram, Google maps, chrome, etc.
how do you know TECNO and Infinix are useless in China?
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by luluosas(m): 7:26am On Jun 17, 2019
You missed my point. By the way, what election is Huawei and Android competing for? Read with understanding please. Thank you
chigoziri2403:
Huawei and Android is not Nigeria bro, where rigging is the real election, there is sanity in those regions
Re: Huawei’s New Hongmeng OS Reportedly 60 Percent Faster Than Android by Gmajor(m): 7:29am On Jun 17, 2019
Dottore:

They are no fools. Having been a hardware giant and having used and customized Android for years, I'm sure they know how to better their game. Whatever they did to wriggle their way to become worlds second largest mobile phone maker shows that they know their onions.
they are really fighting an uphill battle.
even with a better os they'll still find it difficult to compete against google. for instance, telegran has a lot more features than Whatsapp and is even better than it in most ways.
yet, it is not nearly as popular as Whatsapp even after being around for so many years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Types Of People On Your BBM Contact List / Samsung Nigeria Caught Tweeting From An Iphone / How Africans Replied A Racist On Tiktok.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.