Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? (8665 Views)

What's d Best And Profitable Businesses To Start In 2013, Earn Income In Nigeria / Can Anybody Tell Me What Is The Best And Worst Paying Jobs In Nigeria. / Which Water Dispenser Is The Best And Where Can I Buy It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by Tmoni(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2007
lol--money ritual,

bought some more during the PO and bonus shares
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by afroil: 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2007
My best stocks so far are:

1)AFROIL wich i made over 2Million Naira Net gain from after being sold last week Thursday wen its price stat dropping after reaching N9.19 peak, more reason why my userID is "afroil" 4 remembrance purpose,even though some Critics call d stock a laggard stock dat lack fundamental,i stil made my cool millions from it,  followed by

2)GTBank close to 1million naira worth now

3)Zenith too nt doing bad especially if bonus is declared later dis  year

Worst stocks are:

1)NB since bought @N63 two& half yr ago,it went southward,and never make it to even N50,wot a loss

2)Unilever,same story wit NB
3)UBN,
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by timadel(m): 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2007
To be candid,i came in to d market in 2004 and it has been smile since!.The likes of G.T.B(10.30-35),UNION(25-42),OCEANIC(16.50-27.99),M$B(4-14.20),DANGOTE(18-39.58),NIGERIAN BREWERIES(28-41.56),E.T.C. AS PER the worst shares na skye bank(i.e they cheated me during d conversion process of 3 to1.they gave me a smaller no i.e 5 to 1.WHAT CAN I DO?I LEARNT WRITING THE REGISTRAR WOULD YIELD NO RESULT.PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by blackchief(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2007
Timadel

about skye bank cheating you, if u believe u have a case write to SEC.
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by crazyT(m): 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2007
Although I am new in these stock market thing but I have reasons to count my blessings and bite my fingers too:

Best Stocks: Afroil @ 0.42 (sold yesterday), Capoil @ 0.33 , Afprint @ 1.02, Lasaco @ 1.80, Dangote @ 18.

Worst stocks: TRANSCORP (Invested too much) Dunlop, NB @ 35 (still hoping for the best)

So far so good I've not done too bad sha!!! But I guess you can understand why I am in support of secondary market and penny stocks
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by Lagido: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2007
I can confirm that the best stock over the years has been FIRST BANK.
I bought a total of 129,000 units over a period from 1999 to 2000 at weighted average cost of =N=13 With bonuses over the years the value of those shares have appreciated by more than 600%.
The worst stock ever has been WEMA followed by DUNLOP.
Incidentally, I sold the bulk of my holdings in Dunlop in 2000 and used the proceeds to buy FIRST BANK which has now done so well.
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by Naijalawa2: 7:17am On Jun 15, 2007
hello, i saw this announcement on a thread and thot it might interest some:
Be a part of a life time Opportunity in just one day
@
“INVESTMENT OPTIONS”

Hi dear,
You are invited to be a part of our mid year seminar tagged “INVESTMENT OPTIONS”. You can double or even triple your investments the rest of 2007 just investing in the right stocks, using the proven strategies.

The saying that “Ignorance is the mother of all destruction” is true today in the lives of some people. Some people have every instrument (email, dialing access- thanks to GSM, Magazine, newspapers, seminars, workshop etc) at their disposal but still fail to create wealth for themselves.

Why not be part of our workshop and lets discuss on all you’ve always wanted to know about how to make more money in the stock market.
• Lets talk about the New Government and its Policies: Impact on the Capital Market, investing with government policy, its implications and outlook
• Consolidation: Its impacts on the Nigerian Stock Market performance.
Case study: Banking and Insurance sectors.
• How you can analyze stocks your self. Financial Statement and Analysis.
• What penny stocks to Buy: StockPicking & Strategies.
Organized &Powered by STOCKPICKS Consulting Limited (Equity Research and Advisory Firm)
DATE: Saturday 23rd June, 2007.

TIME: 10.a.m

FEE: N8, 000 (seminar kits and Lunch).

VENUE: OYO Hall, Lagos Airport Hotel Ikeja.

REGISTER AT: STOCKPICKS Consulting
Suit 6, West Wing, Daily Times Building
3-7 Kakawa Street off Marina
Lagos.
Or
Pay: STOCKPICKS CONSULTING LTD: ZENITH ACCOUNT NO: 6113001793
FIRST BANK ACCOUNT NO: 3432030001335
Register early to avoid rush. Pre-registration before 16th June attracts 15% discount

Meet your facilitators
• AIGBOJE HIGO JR. - former Chief Operating Officer, Counters Trust Securities Limited, now the Managing Director Chief Executive Officer of Pension Alliance Limited. A seasoned Capital Market Operator with wide range experience in Merchant Banking and Investment Banking, an associate Stockbroker and an MBA from the prestigious Howard University. He will be taking you on the topic; the new Government and its Policies: Impact on the capital Market. Implications & Outlook.
• MICHEAL OYEBOLA- Qualified fund management and financial service professional broadly experienced in security/ investment analysis and valuation, fund and portfolio management. Masters degree in finance from Middlesex University, London. MSc in Investment Analysis from Stirling University in Scotland. Associate member, UK society of Investment Professional, Member of the CFA Institute. Currently the Chief Investment Officer Guaranty Trust Assurance Plc. He will take participants on Financial Statement & Analysis, Investment Research and Analysis.
• SETH AKUTSON- MD/CEO Resource Associates Ltd. Doctor of Economics, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, a research consultant to Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, an investor with about 20years rich and varied experience in the Capital Market, thus affording him the unique opportunity to understand the working of the industry. Besides, as a sophisticated economist will review the Government policies as regards the capital market in the past 8years. How to invest with government policies and outlook.
• YOMI OGUNFOWORA- A seasoned banker and new generation chartered stockbroker. He is the head Equity Dealing in Zenith Securities Limited, a subsidiary of Zenith Bank Plc. He is an investor and investment trainer, young and dynamic speaker. An accountant and MBA in Finance. He will take participant through Consolidation, its Impact on the Nigerian Stock Market Performance. Case study: Banking & Insurance sector
• TUNDE OLADAPO – DIXON- Chief Operating Officer/Chief Research Officer, Stockpicks Consulting Limited, member of Chartered Institute of Stockbroker (CIS), Associate Member Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria (CIPN), Associate member Institute of Benefit Trust and Management, a certified investment analyst. Verse in relating and interpreting capital market data and analysis with forecast, facilitator of many trainings and seminars. He will take participants through Stockpicking and strategies

Can you see why you must be part of our epoch making summit? I promise, you will be a better investor.
Plan to attend.

For enquiries and sponsorship
Please call: Tunde: 08034242509, Tinuola: 08059841253
Tunrayo: 08023683124 or 01-7619329

Thank you.

Yours in Service

Tunde Oladapo-Dixon
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by fchuki(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2007
Zenith has been my best. I heard of a 1 for 4 for oceanic but have not received mine. if true, then they would be my best.

Oando has been my worst. see @Loads above. Apart from that, Afribank has had all [value] locked in since it has been in tech suspension for so long.
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by easimoni(m): 11:08pm On Jul 27, 2007
WAPCO is fast becoming my worst buy ever! angry angry angry
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by abujabooks(f): 6:09pm On May 02, 2008
My best stock is Intercontinental bank.

My worst stock is Eternaoil.
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by nigboy(m): 6:06am On Jun 01, 2008
Zenith is my worse stock for now. The Stock did not reach my expectation. Also I expected them to give bonus to their share holders but they never did that
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by woodboi(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2008
the best for me so far is intercont. i bought it when they sold there last ipo i think 13.50k and now 44.99k i have been thinking of selling it and re-investing phb still have a bright future but i am yet to get my certificate.

the one i would have thought is worst but in stock it is all about up and down is goldlink insurance.
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by ayufun: 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
my best stock is aiico insurance plc, i got the alert from www.prostockalert.com that the best nigeria stock pick alert would be aiico. This stock started advancing the second day i receive the alert, i thought it was a joke untill i made 100% gain.
Re: Your Best And Worst Stocks Ever? by janykute: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2012
I wish all these people that made so much profit on their stocks will come back to share some of their experiences in the last few years.I have not had any good stocks maybe because of my inexperience then,but my worst stock was Oceanic,I invested all I had during their 2007 public offer and today what I have left is just N55,000 worth of ETI shares in a 2.5m investment
Terrible experience to say the least.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanzania, Dangote Sign Agreement On Gas Supply / Heritage Bank Is Not In Distress-CBN, Heritage Bank Rubbish Rumour / Funny/unrealistic Terms Used By Information Marketers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.