Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,733 members, 7,875,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:58 PM

10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife (4502 Views)

Pregnant Wife Dumps Hubby , Elopes With Lover To USA (Pictured) / Photo: Would You Let Your Pregnant Wife Go Clubbing Dressed Like This? / Husband Catches Pregnant Wife Having Sex With Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by efoghorjos: 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2010
Pregnancy could be a very challenging moment for a woman especially if it her first or multiple. The stress could so much that she may find it very difficult to cope only; she therefore needs the support of her husband to be able to face the challenges that would be present.

However, there are several ways the man could assist his wife to cope with the stress that could come with her pregnancy. When the man stands by his pregnant wife, she is strengthened and encouraged to take on the challenges as they come.

Some of the ways the man could help his wife include but are not limited to the following:

1. Feeding: Some pregnancies could come with the challenge of vomiting. In this case the man needs to assist his wife to get nourished if she is not admitted in hospital. He needs to help her get up gradually from the bed on waking up. He has to also find out the kind of food his wife could tolerate and be sure they are available when she feels like eating. He could help prepare tea and crackers for her, because they are usually well tolerated. He could also give her easily digestible food to make sure she is not starved.
2. Domestic chores: The man could as well help in domestic chores especially as the size of her uterus increases and she is no longer able to bend down to carry out her normal chores.
3. Care of older children: The man could help prepare the older children for school because the woman at this time is slower and finds it strenuous to prepare her children for school. Apart from school, he should ensure the older children eat their three square meals, take their baths at least twice daily; and also assist them to take care of their home works.
4. Understanding: The man should show his wife understanding when it comes to her periodic emotional outbursts. He should be ready to tolerate her and avoid compounding her problems and frustrations.
5. Personal hygiene: He should assist his pregnant wife with her bathing, washing, etc. as it is usually difficult for her to squat to bath herself. She could be lazy at this time and might want to skip her bath occasionally. Washing of her clothes and undies could be tedious as well. The man should ensure these are taken care of.
6. Urination: There could be frequency of urination due to irritation of the bladder or as a result of the pressure on the bladder. The man could also help by providing a urinal for her to frequently empty her bladder. He could as well help to discard the urine when the need arises.
7. Exercise: Exercise is usually recommended for a pregnant woman to help improve her physical fitness as she prepares for delivery. The man could help to be faithful in carrying her routine physical exercises. He could have a scheduled period of walk with her or join her in some mild aerobics to make it interesting for her to comply to.
8. Antenatal care: He could also help her to remember to keep her antenatal appointments by ensuring she does not forget her appointment dates.
9. Sex: The man should be willing to show her understanding when it comes to sex. He should be gentler with her, avoiding deeper penetration as this could be harmful to the baby. He should allow the woman adopt the position best suitable for her during sex. They could use the ‘side-by-side’ position or the ‘woman-on-top’ as she controls the level of penetration.
10. Driving: The man should also help drop the wife at school or work place; he should ensure the woman does not drive herself as this could be very dangerous for her and the foetus. If he cannot do it because of his tight schedules, he should get a driver to do it for her until she puts to bed and is able to do it herself again.
To get "The Fit And Healthy Pregnancy Guide" click on this link  http://b60b4cvrum06eudhm9ozv9kam7./   and if you would like to subscribe to this blog, visit http://jossy-love-and-marriage..com
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2010
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by sms4health: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2010
chaircover's comments are spot on
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by Taymi: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
This chaircover can be funny with the truth.What she said is true,while i was reading the post,i felt like "for God sake pregnancy does not a woman paralyse but at the same time,if a man can do these things,i tell you the woman will feel loved and appreciated.Its not about the chores but the feelings it laid on the spouse.
God bless our men
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2010
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by ada24: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
chaircover:

Lol Taymi grin

You are right o! but I rather he bought me a box of chocolates, flowers and a private jet, than to be carrying my urine around cool grin grin

why stop there - i would rather he carry this load for the next 3 months so i can walk like a normal being - who the heck needs their urine carried for them. abeg o the 11th way to help should be for the man to be pregnant for one week so i can have a good nights sleep. grin
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by clemcykul(f): 10:35am On Oct 07, 2010
nice write up poster,

NB
pregnancy is not a terminal disease grin
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by Romeo4real(m): 1:32pm On Oct 07, 2010
abeg o the 11th way to help should be for the man to be pregnant for one week so i can have a good nights sleep
Lol! cheesy. Exactly what my wife would say!
Re: 10 Ways You Can Assist Your Pregnant Wife by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2010
---

(1) (Reply)

My 21yr Old Sister Is Sleeping With Her Friend's Husband(her Lecturer) / When An Over Worked Wife Is Fed Up / Igbo Ladies, How True Is This? ( PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.